1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Video: Ben Folds Five and the Fraggles sing "Do It Anyway"

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Loren, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I'll admit, the puppets do look a bit off, but it can be forgiven.
    Beauregard likes this.
  2. Loren

Loren New Member

Borples likes this.
  3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I'm so happy that they did this the Mupptes have been doing really awesome Music videos over the years and it's about time that Fraggle Rock got into the mix as well.
    Duke Remington likes this.
  4. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Wembley! Mokey! Gobo! Boober! Red! *wait, Red's already been seen in the past 25 years...* Gobo! Mokey! Boo... This is amazing! I can't believe this. :coy:
  5. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

YAHYAHYAHYAHYAHYAHYAHYAHYAHYAHYAH!
    charlietheowl likes this.
  6. DrDientes

DrDientes Active Member

I only can say one thing:

THE FRAGGLES ARE BACK, BABY!
    Duke Remington and jgidley like this.
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'll echo the sentiment from this Youtube Poster...

Song was kinda catchy, not really my thing... but Fraggles, man.... It's so wonderful to see all 6 of them together again. Yep. We have all 6 main Muppets made... let's do more with them, Henson.

And that BTS stuff... Red is once again her adorable self. Great stuff, that.

Kinda wish the Fraggles talked more in the video, though. But this was just spectacular.
    Bannanasketch and Duke Remington like this.
  8. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

WOW.

JUST WOW.

THAT IS AWESOME!

THE FRAGGLES ARE BACK! This is just great! I'm the happiest person on earth right now! We have all the Fraggle Five puppets available for use now! I kept saying that some sort of viral video would be the right way for the Fraggles to go, and boy oh boy! Yes! Uncle Matt Speaking! Cave backdrops! Boober doing his trademark thing! THIS IS REMARKABLE!

Just a few observations... Dave's Uncle Matt's seems different...it has a bit more umph in it, a lot more roughness, but hey, I'll take it.

For some reason I half wonder if Steve was doing Wembley because notice how only Red, Boober, and Uncle Matt spoke. I'd have thought they would have at least had Wembley help sing the theme at the end, but then again, maybe Steve had to leave early or something.

That Gorg shirt is awesome!

And I thank you Lisa Henson for letting this happen! And everyone at the Henson company! And Ben Folds Five! You guys are awesome!

Also to note, I'm still debating, but there definitely is a chance that tomorrow Dynamite Determination will divulge from its usual Muppet origin only songs and actually take a look at the inspiration behind this one.
  9. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

That was so nice of what this band is doing for Fraggle Rock! :smirk::dreamy::coy::sigh::excited:
    Still, will this comeback work out? I mean, I never heard of this band when I was a kid.
  10. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

The cave backdrop is great, because it means that a portion of a set is available for other use now. Perhaps this could be the start of something new.
  11. MrBabySpencer

MrBabySpencer Active Member

Soooo The Fraggles Have Their First Viral Video!?!
    Just By That It's Terrific :smirk::dreamy::coy::sigh::excited: !!!
  12. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

This is fantastic and it's about time! Fraggle domination!!!

Sure, the puppets are going to look a little different, but that happens with every rebuild. These look closer to their predecessors than most of the current Muppets or Sesame gang resemble their 80's counterparts. And the fact that they rebuilt some of Fraggle Rock is impressive! This is definitely a WIN!
    :coy::smirk::excited::drool::sigh::dreamy::busy:
  13. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

I'm all about this! Kinda looks like they used the puppets from the show. :smirk:
    charlietheowl likes this.
  14. Oscarfan

I kind wish they had picked one idea for the video and went with it. The Fraggles coming to the surface and groove with the band? Sure! But the blue shirt dude and the girl with the Gorg shirt, why? It kinda had something to do with the song, but I didn't fully understand its purpose.
  15. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

I know what you mean! :smirk:
  16. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

My hope is with the Gorgs that they use the same type of setup they had with the show and try not to CG everything. I think we are seeing that having the puppets there means so much more to the people working around them that I hope they take heed to that with other things such as the Gogrs doozers and the Dark Cristal.
  17. jgidley

jgidley Active Member

Awesome to see the Fraggles back, but how come Traveling Matt and Red are the only ones that speak?(something tells me the Boober clip at the end comes from the theme) I wanted to hear Gobo(possibly by Matt Vogel).
  18. Oscarfan

Because if none of them are really required to speak, why should they fly in all the performers (I'm assuming this was shot prior to Nelson's death). Matt's portion was probably recorded over the phone or something. And yes, Boober's line was borrowed from the original theme.
  19. jgidley

jgidley Active Member

I thought is was from the theme.:sigh:
  20. King Tigre

King Tigre New Member

Like they said in the Behind the Scenes, they only had 2 weeks to shoot this video. I think it turned out great all things considered. Though I concur that hear Gobo and Wembley would have been awesome. Made me want to dust off my DVD's.