1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Unofficial Script Review of the New Muppet Movie

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by wherestheanykey, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Don't jump the gun, Dwaynie-bob! Greg's always done a phenominal (do doo do do do) job of the Muppet Newsflash, and I'm sure he always will do. Perhaps he's been unwell or something, give him some time and I'm sure we'll get updates a plenty.
  2. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

ok i think i can do that.
  3. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Hehe, whoop! No one likes to jump the gun...especially if it's ol' Betsy and Gonzo's inside it...
  4. Drtooth Well-Known Member

A) Not to mention he's in like 3 movies a year, plus a high rated TV show? The fact he even had time to write so much as a rough draft is amazing. Lazy my eye.

And B) Look at all the headaches Corey Edwards is having with the Fraggle script being approved. And that's with Henson and (more likely the cause of the problem) the Weinstine company. They really want that film too.

We must never forget the long period of time when no one hears anything between the script being written and the time it gets into preproduction... that's a long time.
  5. JEANYLASER Member

What about Peter Pan with those Muppets!
  6. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

That's a comic book... Coming out this fall. This is a movie... please try to keep up.

I'm sure both will be jam-packed with suspense, though! :coy:
  7. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Ahh, yes, that cheeky Peter Pan with those Muppets. What a little minx.
  8. GuySmileyfan Member

Is the New Muppet Movie in the works still?
  9. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Well... the short answer is yes.

The long answer is... Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssss. :coy:
  10. ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

And the ridiculously un-understandable answer is;

It is quite possible that maybe it is not still in the works, unless it is unmaybe unstill in the unworks. If that's the case we can naturally assume that it probably may or may not be coming somewhere in the near or distant future. If not we can assume if it is not unstill not in the works we can not assume whether or not it is not still not being made, or not. But, if it unnot is not unstill in the not undeveloping stage your brain will explode if you try to follow this. Then, if the planets align properly, the peanut butter will not untap-dance resulting in a cosmic shift to not bring about the not making of this not movie. Then, if you take somemore 'un's and some more 'not's throw them in a bowl with the not untap-dancing peanut butter and the cosmic shift, mix it all up in a big metal bowl, stuff it into a cabbage and bake at 350 for 10 to 85 minutes, not only will you get something that is utterly disgusting, you will get a messy oven and a lovely centerpiece for those fancy dinners. Also, if you take the dirty bowl put it on your head and have a rambunctious five year old hit it repeatedly with a large wooden spoon you will have a headache, a need to wash your hair (getting the cosmic shift out is a pain in the butt!), and you will hopefully understand everything I have just typed!

There you have it, now if you will not unexcuse me, I need to not take an unnap, my not brain is not about to unmelt.
  11. Beauregard Well-Known Member

The short answer is: :coy:
  12. GuySmileyfan Member

That's ridiculous.:mad:
  13. ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Thank you. :D
  14. GuySmileyfan Member

Uh...you're welcome. I think.:confused:
  15. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Annnnyway...
  16. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Here's something.

We know the progress of the Fraggle Rock movie because Corey Edwards updates his blog frequently with his progress and any info he can give us. We don't know what's going on because these people don't have a production blog.

And frankly, Disney has nothing to gain by passing on this film for a piece of junk like Underdog or "Generic Talking Wise-cracking Farting Animal Movie #26." The two writers involved would be very annoyed at Disney, and Disney would risk losing 2 bright young stars they can get to do the voice of a talking animal in the future. Disney spent a lot of money getting the Muppets, and while they took their time strategically (no thanks to the rushed Oz), they want to turn that into an investment. We have since had a Christmas special and a Halloween special to come, a successful comic book line, and DVD box sets, while they take their sweet time to come out, sell pretty dang well when they finally get released.

Even Disney isn't that stupid and greedy to toss a potential, if nostalgic (unfortunately) relaunch at the franchise. Sony, Warner Brothers, Paramount maybe,... but not Disney.
  17. beaker Well-Known Member

Soooo....new Muppet movie and Fraggle film in 2011?
  18. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Works for me! I'll be there! :zany:

Get the tents... let's go start camping out now! :D
  19. Nick22 Active Member

awesome idea! and guess what else? i'm dragging my friends to come see it with me! HAHA!

im with you. i will be there. i just need to buy a tent first. :)
  20. unclematt Active Member

Do we know for a fact that Jim Lewis has written a script?