1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Unofficial Script Review of the New Muppet Movie

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by wherestheanykey, Mar 18, 2009.

1. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

The weird thing is, I can't imagine why this has been so hard. I mean, Fraggle Rock had the Gorg parents and Doozer parents, and all (IMHO) were incredibly well-written (heck, I LOVE writing them, myself, LOL). Fraggle Rock (and Dinosaurs) proved you could have committed couples and still have cool stories.
  2. Ruahnna Well-Known Member

My standard answer to THAT is THIS: The reason Hollywood doesn't know how to write good stories about what happens after you get happily married is that nobody in Hollywood KNOWs what happens after you get happily married.

They're waiting for someone to try it and tell them what it's like....
    newsmanfan likes this.
  3. Ruahnna Well-Known Member

Okay--I'm watching Muppet Classic Theater (with the sound off) and I just don't understand what they DON'T UNDERSTAND! Every time Kermit looks at her he is just dopey with lovey-doviness. If they can SHOW that--even SOME of the time, why can't they GET that? Arghh!

We got to get some frog/pig snogging. Got to.
  4. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

*giggles*
  5. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Aww I love Muppet Classic Theater! reading over this thread I really need to send Jim Lewis a e mail. Muppet Classic Theater is his favorit to.
  6. Drtooth Well-Known Member

The Kermit/Piggy dynamic should be explained in its own thread. The relationship has a lot of complexities that are over simplified... there's either annoying fat jokes or overly lovey dovey-ness.

To me, the relationship has always been that they both love each other, but Kermit finds Piggy's exuberant attitude and constant insistence that they're married off putting. He just wishes she'd calm down a little so they can go further in the relationship. Kermit isn't a commitmentphobe, he just has a very relaxed personality (that turns uptight quickly when things go bad, of course) and Piggy is far more energetic than he is... almost tiring. Plus, I like the hypocrisy on the part of Piggy who swoons to every hot male guest star they have, but she gets absolutely over the moon crazy jealous when Kermit shows some sort of kindness to a hot female guest. I like to think Kermit rarely gets jealous because he knows deep down Piggy loves him more than anything, and those are just harmless crushes.
  7. ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

That and The Frog Prince were my favorites out of our Muppet videos when I was a kid.

We should start a petition to get that released on DVD. :electric:
  8. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Ah the Frog Prince was fun It was the rare time that we saw Swettums prefromed by someone other then Richard Hunt, I belive it was John Lovlady or someone.
  9. Duke Remington Active Member

Actually, Sweetums in "The Frog Prince" was performed by two people: Carl Banas (who provided his voice) and Jerry Nelson (who wore the Sweetums costume).
    dwayne1115 likes this.
  10. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

thanks I knew i was wrong, and I also new that someone would help me out on that