Unofficial Script Review of the New Muppet Movie

Davina

Reaction score
but given that most of the original performers are no longer with us, or not likely to be around for much longer, and new performers are taking over, they really have no other option but to be constantly reinventing themselves to some extent..
and while the classic stuff will always be the classic stuff.. most of the post jim stuff has been pretty decent and in keeping with the spirit of jim's vision.. execution may not have always been the best, but you have to give them props for doing what they could during the whole company bouncing back and forth from owner to owner and all the changes in performers.. we'll never see the glory days again, just no way to really recreate that, and we have to stop telling them they have to, it's impossible.
but we do (and should) expect the best they can give us..

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
they really have no other option but to be constantly reinventing themselves to some extent..
Well what I mean is the other option is to stop relying soley on new material to find a new audience. There's this assumption that in order to reach a new audience, you need new material. New material is fine, but we shouldn't assume the old material won't be welcome. Time and again in other entertaiment, this proves untrue. :wink:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh sorry what I meant to say was some fans like the new stuff a bit more than other fans do. Not that some fans like the new stuff more than the old. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :wink:

Yeah I mean I don't mind if some fans like the new stuff. :smile: I just think the only way the Muppets are going to really obtain the immortality so many other classic groups have, is for their best work to be recognized and featured. Rather than them constantly trying to reinvent themselves.

I mean there does come a time in every artist's life when he/she has done his/her best work. That doesn't mean the work after that is awful, but we shouldn't expect it to achieve the same success. It's not pessimissism, it's just that art is very fragile that way. :smile:
I get you.

I still think the Jerry/Frank dynamic is still there over on Sesame Street. That not to say that Eirc is not good paired up with Jerry. But what Jerry and Frank have can never be duplicated.

Elmo The Second

Reaction score
It's Okay

I've read a few reviews it doesn't sound like a bad movie. I really hope they do that scene where somehow Piggy gets in jail and sees Charles Grodin and i think she's supposed to beat him up or something:mad:. That would be hilarious!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
We all want the movie to be good, no We want the movie to be great! I just hope that this is what the Muppets need to get back into things. Disney seems to have the right direction now with the very popular Muppet Whatnot's and the Comic's lets just keep it up!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
We all want the movie to be good, no We want the movie to be great! I just hope that this is what the Muppets need to get back into things. Disney seems to have the right direction now with the very popular Muppet Whatnot's and the Comic's lets just keep it up!
I agree. I wonder how much the Halloween special will effect the Muppets' profile and theatrical film.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I have no clue I really hope though that we see more of what we did in Letters to Santa with the bringing back of some old friends like Scooter and the band. We also need to see more Rowlf.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder how much the Halloween special will effect the Muppets' profile and theatrical film.
Beg pardon? Was this announced at some point, since I don't seem to find a thread on it... and considering when the news came around near, is there really one in the works?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I also didn't know a halloween special was in the works. Is it supposed to come out this year?