Tough Pigs?

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Originally posted by Katiejuhree
If MF2 is in New York, a locker is all I'll be able to afford!
LOL! I'm with you.

"I'll trade with anyone who has a jacuzzi!"

- Billy :cool:

Jackie

Reaction score
You people can stay in New Jersey at a cheaper hotel and take a train into NYC for MF.

Joseph

Reaction score
Originally posted by Traveling Matt

LOL! I'm with you.

"I'll trade with anyone who has a jacuzzi!"

- Billy :cool:

There might be cheaper lockers in NJ for you guys.

danielromens

Reaction score
woah buddies...let's all settle the **** down in here. Here's my take.

To quote the great chevy chase, "I think you're all ****** in the head."

I happen to post at Toughpigs and here at MuppetCentral. I don't feel that as a twenty four year old guy, that I have to ever refer to anywhere as "the other place". I find it somewhat rediculous that there are actually people who use, or rather waste their energy, mudslinging anyones efforts. Both Danny and Phil put a lot of time and energy into their sites, and I respect them for it. It's more than the rest of us do. Some of that respect, however, is sometimes deminished by what I feel is stupid bull****.

The bull**** of which I refer is making fun of a site for an article it has, or something a person has posted. Especially when the person making fun, has obviously taken the time to check out the "opposing site." Yes, we are doll collecting men, but do we not bleed? Do we not yearn to be heard? Mind you this is coming from a guy who is oft considered sarcastic and sometimes also called an *******, such as Danny was. I think in the right context it's hilarious. But as a constant user of these sites, I try, repeat TRY to keep my feelings about each place in check these days.

To those at toughpigs, why is it, through all your ******** about this site, do you continue to post and expect or want to be also heard and taken seriously here. It seems rather hypocritical and pretty ******* childish. Nerdish really. Christ in many cases we're grown people hiding behind screennames picking on others because we no more than they do about the ******* muppets and because we feel we are part of superiour internet sites. What right do we have to make fun of anyone? Again, pretty rediculous and the stuff losers are made of. I mean some of you post here a lot, but again, you pick it apart and seem to think one superior. There have even been threads started with the intent of ripping on the work done here. I say, build a site yourself, then you can talk. Until then keep it shut buddies. What you fail to remember is it's just different. Yes Muppet Central, is a bit more family oriented, but I really don't find anything wrong with that, it's got some great info on it. Info I probably wouldn't have found out here in Wisconsin. If you want something more adult, Danny's given to you. Go there and enjoy, share what you may have learned here and discuss it and thank him before you leave.

Now, To those at Muppet Central, lighten the **** up. By whining about the treatment or reaction gotten at toughpigs, you only position yourself to be made fun of even more, as you've seen here. Actually by saying something so rediculous, I'd say you deserve it. The very thing that has angered you, is the very thing you then brought to this board dip****. Toughpigs is a site for the muppet fan with an edge. It ain't your daddy's site fan boy. I mean ****, it's called toughpigs, what does that tell you. Also, you don't have to post, but man, you'll be missing out on some great info on Henson stuff.

Sweet Baby Ray's man, what the ****. There's also the part of me that does say we have every right to seem hoighty-toighty as fans, because that's what fans do. We're smarter than the average when it comes to things Henson. I don't however, think it means we have to act like ***** when someone doesn't know as much as we do. It's up to us older folks to educate the young. That and it doesn't seem very fitting for a fan of a man who did his best to promote a sense of exceptance and peace.

Again that's just my take.

Daniel Romens.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
It's up to us older folks to educate the young. That and it doesn't seem very fitting for a fan of a man who did his best to promote a sense of exceptance and peace.
... believe you meant "acceptance", but the way you spelled it (read: exclusionary) actually made your post more amusing and less of a waste of time to read.

danielromens

Reaction score
fellowWlover

yeah, thanks for pointing that out buddy. Acceptance is the word I meant. I was tired of typing and wasn't paying attention. Sorry you felt it was a waste of time, yet interesting that you kept reading it anyway. Great thing about a forum I guess. Hope you got the point anyway.

D-Ro
(my ghetto tag)

grail

Reaction score
actually, i thought it made some excellent points about both boards. it WAS a little heavy in gratuitious expletives (okay, i probably woulda used more if it were me), but the message was there. MC and Toughpigs are like the classic "apples to oranges" comparassion. the problem is that everybody thinks they're both bananas.

(heh...i just got away with calling everyone bananas)

not to make light of your post, Daniel becuase it was quite well done, but i just can't help myself

Luke

Reaction score
I don't think it made much sense anyway because it was totally 100% inacurate though i can see why you made the assumptions you made. You kinda have to have been here for the last 4 years and know the history of the sites and also the relationships between the people who run them to know what the heck is going or, or why it's going on.

Toughpigs basically primarily consists of rats (not dirty ones) that have deserted the ship - and for the most part they are the original members of 'Muppet Central' and also the main original contributors to this site (which also makes your 'build a site youself' argument fall flat because MC IS 85% other peoples work). You kinda have to ask yourself why all the people who have been here the longest have all got fed up and gone off to play somewhere else, wheras they stuck around before because MC was the ONLY option, now there are others and thats very good for the fan community as a whole. Even the moderators here are relatively new (all the old ones got fed up and left) and you kind of have to question why a site this old needs to recruit newer people to run the place because the older ones know better than to involve themselves with that. I guess lessons will be learned and maybe things will turn out better for the new people here or the same pattern will emerge.

It is a shame that fairly innocent people have got caught out in the crossfire between the two sites, but MC kinda puts itself out there to be ridiculed. Sometimes it's a bit like a candy factory, it might make a nice happy little atmosphere (as long as the visitors act like good little children and do what they're told) but it also means that all integrity is pretty much lost, and that the way it tries to represent the fans isn't always a true representation of how they feel or what they think.