Tough Pigs?

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I went to Tough Pigs because I was curious and can EASILY say I will NEVER go there again.I mean the guy in charge is a ******* and they think they are all high and mighty.how many are actually members of that board?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi kansasteen14,

While it's fine to share any opinions on a Web site or Henson happening (whether positive or negative), please try to refrain from expressing personal attacks towards any one individual.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Kans,

Alot of us here are Members of that Board !

Jackie

Reaction score
I am a member of Tough Pigs and boy do i love it! It's just straight out Muppet talk with a lot of fun in between! Danny may get a little grumpy here and there but he's a good guy. I wouldn't give up on Tough Pigs just yet...It has so much to offer die hard Muppet Fans!

:smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Personally i think the original poster is well out of order. The point being that he hasn't really given any solid reasons as to why he feels that way about the site other than the people there (which is actually a large percentage of us from here). It kinda gets me when people pick websites apart yet they don't provide one of their own in return for people to also critique. Like Muppet Central - Toughpigs is put there free for you, you don't HAVE to view it if you don't want to, and the webmaster and visitors put a lot of time into making it happen. Saying that, it has obviously affected Kans enough to make the effort to come back here and post about it, maybe he has read other stuff here about Toughpigs and gone there with a bad attitude in the first place !

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Agreed on all points (besides the first post obviously). Further more, I can't think of one good reason for starting this thread other than to stir up trouble. It is obvious from many posts here that a lot of us are TP members. Why would someone decide to pick a fight by posting insults wrapped in a "question" about membership? Should you dislike Tough Pigs *so* much, there is an obvious solution... don't go there. I see no reason for you to broadcast your decision either. I mean, who cares?

scarecroe

Reaction score
Wow, that's harsh dude. Did you come up with this observation after just one quick look? Like Jackie said, I think you ought to give it a chance. Muppet websites have really branched out well on the net in the past few years with MC, Kermitage, ToughPigs and others. They've all got their own tone, attitude and method of presenting Muppet things to fans. Danny Horn's been reporting Muppet news since the early 90's via his MuppetZine, and always in his own unique style of humor.

As for the members of the message board, I am one amongst many here who regularly post there. The boards at MC and TP offer a nice mix of where I can get my Muppet news and chat about Muppety things to come.

There are other Muppet message boards out there including rec.arts.henson+muppets and the LiveJournal community. You don't have to post at any of them if you don't want to, or you can post at all of them. Each group has their own faults and strengths.

A more diverse online Muppet community, is a happier online Muppet community. How boring would it be if there were only ONE place to go? If you've got a favorite, that's cool, but someone else's favorite might be something else. Keep an open mind and don't take things so seriously.

[sits on a whoopee cushion]

Jackie

Reaction score
Exactly! The old rule...if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
eehhh, I dont know about those recartshenson and livejournal ones, those seem to be heavy on the mainstreamer pop observation 'hey i remember muppet babies!' variety...but...

I love Tough Pigs! And I didnt even know it was an old school MC styled(ie: delphi) forum til recently.

You cant just eat turkey and bread every day, you gotta mix it up with some falafel and garbonzo beans!

Danny puts this very irreverent spin on things, and has a ton of weekly exclusive tidbits(like Smig's very insider swag heavy SDCC report) Quite frankly I love both MC and TP, as its like two different flavours of ice cream.

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
its like two different flavours of ice cream.
Sometimes you feel like Vanilla and sometimes you feel like Chocolate Chip mint. Ya know? :smile: