The Sixth Somewhat-Annual Muppet Central Forum Awards 2010

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just to let everyone else know, that the chap I have asked to host this year will probably go through a screening process by all of the mods before he may be allowed to join us in the festivities.

I mean, we can't let just ANYONE host, now can we?

dwmckim

Reaction score
We definitely need to have a "What Color Are There Hands Now?" category. Just a thought. :embarrassed:
And a "Who's Your Tailor? I Love that outfit!" category!

Actually, kidding aside i do have a serious suggestion (since the categories are already set up for this year, this would be one for the files for 2010) - i would reccomend a "Most Valuable Insider" category for the following reasons:

- To encourage insider involvement
- We've been very fortunate since the forum started back in the original Delphi days to have some quality people involved here from Muppeteers to people working on products getting our feedback on how to make their lines better and those that really go above and beyond the call of duty to interact with us should be honored.
- The level of insight, information and value of participation insiders can provide is on a level of its own that is really seperate from the other forum members. Without a seperate category for them, it pits them against others in other categories where they have a bit of an edge when ultimately that would be best channeled into an insider award.

What can i say? Working for 10 years at a market reseach firm gets one overly thinking about the process of data collection in surveys, polls, and awards!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
And a "Who's Your Tailor? I Love that outfit!" category!

Actually, kidding aside i do have a serious suggestion (since the categories are already set up for this year, this would be one for the files for 2010) - i would reccomend a "Most Valuable Insider" category for the following reasons:

- To encourage insider involvement
- We've been very fortunate since the forum started back in the original Delphi days to have some quality people involved here from Muppeteers to people working on products getting our feedback on how to make their lines better and those that really go above and beyond the call of duty to interact with us should be honored.
- The level of insight, information and value of participation insiders can provide is on a level of its own that is really seperate from the other forum members. Without a seperate category for them, it pits them against others in other categories where they have a bit of an edge when ultimately that would be best channeled into an insider award.

What can i say? Working for 10 years at a market reseach firm gets one overly thinking about the process of data collection in surveys, polls, and awards!
I like this idea! I think having insiders on the froums really connects fans and so on. It also gives the insieders some tips and things that could be worked on. I know many times in the ask Jim thread Jim himself has said that on stuff we bring up he would work on it. So for us fans that means a great deal to us.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Dawyne, technically the Ask Jim Lewis thread doesn't qualify. The list includes Outstanding Thread Started in 2009. Ask Jim Lewis was started in 2008.

I would vote for it, it's a great thread. But, it just doesn't qualify.

:frown:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
What, no lurker's award? :wink:

I guess I'm just too*underrated* for there to be an award like that.... that's the only award i'd have a chance with this year lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
*Still awaits the results of our host's screening process*

Beauregard

Reaction score
What, no lurker's award? :wink:

I guess I'm just too*underrated* for there to be an award like that.... that's the only award i'd have a chance with this year lol.
Hmm...yeah, there isn't a funny-lookin' award...

Beakerfan

Reaction score
HEEEY! That's..... a great idea, Beau! I could totally pull off that award! :big_grin: