The Sixth Somewhat-Annual Muppet Central Forum Awards 2010

Kiki

Reaction score
I've voted! :big_grin: I'm so excited... though I think I'll be at school -AGAIN T.T- during the cememony! ;_;

On a different note, d'you guys reckon this thread will get noticed in the "feedback" section? I know it's appropiate, but was it my imagination or last year it was in "Friends and Family"? I won't lose sleep from it, just thought that I'd bring that up.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I've voted! :big_grin: I'm so excited... though I think I'll be at school -AGAIN T.T- during the cememony! ;_;

On a different note, d'you guys reckon this thread will get noticed in the "feedback" section? I know it's appropiate, but was it my imagination or last year it was in "Friends and Family"? I won't lose sleep from it, just thought that I'd bring that up.
It is normally in Friends and Family. I thought more people would notice it in Feedback since it's at the top of the forum rather than near the bottom. *shrug*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Still no word on our host's screening process. :|

Kiki

Reaction score
It is normally in Friends and Family. I thought more people would notice it in Feedback since it's at the top of the forum rather than near the bottom. *shrug*
Ah, good thought. I never thought of that, now there's a smart lad.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Who is running this screening process and why are they painfully slow? :stick_out_tongue:
1. The dedicated and hard-working moderators of Muppet Central Forum.
2. Because they have lives?

Either that, or maybe they're leary of his "past". O.O

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score

1 It feels more appropriate this year in Feedback because the formation of the committee to make the ceremony smoother in the transition did reach out to Mr. Chapman in the hopes he and by proxy the site itself would join in the promotion of the forum's own self-hosted semi-annual award ceremony.
2 The reasons put forth by a certain snowth as to the ceremony's host's screening process are valid... However, unfortunately, there is the addition of the fact that the host is merely a shell of a fellow member, a sockpuppet account if you will, and so that has delayed his admission into our community. Sorry to inform you of this but them's the rules.
Hope this doesn't put too much of a damper on your search for a host. Maybe Jay Leno can help like when he offered Bobo... He seems to have put a former host named O'Brian out into the job market once again. :smirk:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Just get Kathy Griffin. She'll do anything and everything.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just get Kathy Griffin. She'll do anything and everything.
Lookie here, if there's ANY Kathy G. to get for this show, it's gonna be Kathy Greenwood. Nuff said.

But like Ed said, yes, the complication with our host is that it IS a sockpuppet account, I admit that, and I do know it's against the rules, BUT, as I've stated in my "case", this only being done in the spirit of the fun and hilarity of these award shows, and I've even suggested that once the ceremony's over with that the account can be closed immediately.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Would it make a difference if a sockpuppet wore a shoe for the ceremony?

I also think it's a good idea for this to go in Feedback because there's many members who only visit certain subforums or don't pay attention to others. If one's not into the "What tune are you twiddling your thumb to today?" threads they may skip right over it and it gets more people involved and rounds it out more instead of ending up coming across like a role-playing gamers' love-fest or something like that.