The Sixth Somewhat-Annual Muppet Central Forum Awards 2010

D'Snowth

Reaction score
To expand on Prawnie's above explanation...

The biggest muffiner, "muffin" being the MC term for taking a thread off-topic in a fun, funny way. My favorite example of this is an old one, but in a thread discussing where the actual Muppet puppets are kept, once the question was answered, a whole bunch of members proceeded to plot and execute a mission to steal said Muppets, which ended up involving hijacking the Electric Mayhem bus, underground tunnels, and I think the kidnapping of some Muppeteers... loads of fun. It's a rather extreme example, but it's still my favorite.

So, the Biggest Muffin Purveyor is the member who takes the most threads in crazy, fun-filled directions, which around here tend to involve the throwing of muffins, penguins, and confetti, with the occasional water gun or punch bowl.

However! Muffining can also happen WITHIN a post. For example, if I proceed to ramble for a full paragraph in the middle of a post about how I got a concussion from a whiffle-ball in eighth grade, but get back on topic by the end of the post, that is a one-post muffin and can also contribute to someone's status as Biggest Muffin Purveyor.
Where the **** have YOU been? !

Beauregard

Reaction score
Sorry, we can't afford him, which is why I took the liberty of compiling this short list of cheaper alternatives for this year's ceremonies...

• Ihtzak Perlman
  • John Ratzenberger
I'm pretty sure we can't afford the rare letters they have in their names like Z, and Ih. I'll consult with Sesame Street for sponsorship and get back to you.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Where the **** have YOU been? !
I've been over the river and through the woods, at Grandmother's house! She makes the most WONDERFUL pistachio cake. Well, alright, she doesn't make it, but she's very good at buying it. She always asks me about the blanket I'm making, too, which always makes me feel so guilty for not finishing it. I mean, I've been "working on it" for over a year now. You would think that I could finish a blanket in twelve months. But nooo, not me! Of course, it IS a very large blanket. I mean, it will be, when it's done. Not that it's terribly SMALL right now. It is very long. It's just that it's too narrow to really use. However, it's big enough that it's hard to work on it without getting really warm, and I overheat easily, so the best place to do it is anywhere cold, like inside of a walk-in refrigerator, which I don't have access to. Let me know if you find one I could use for free, okay? Although, it's pretty lonely to just sit there crotcheting a blanket with no one around and nothing else to do. I mean, you'd think that would be the best time to do it, but it really isn't. It's kind of boring. I prefer to work on it while having a conversation or watching TV. Of course, if I'm watching TV, then I get completely distracted. Really, TV completely takes over all three of my minds. It's terrible. It just sucks me in, and then I can't do ANYTHING. Yet I do often manage to crotchet while watching TV, or to chat online while watching TV. The funny thing is, I can crotchet or chat online while watching TV, but I have a much harder time doing either of those things if I'm watching my friend play WiiSports. Odd, isn't it?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I've got to say, I am really struggling to pick the right person to vote for in many of these categories this year, as there have been some really outstanding moments.

I'm gunna take a semi-campaign moment to mention the people I'm currently seeing as nominees for either Outstanding Reporter of Muppet News in 2009 or Most Informative Member of 2009.

Cory Edwards - Fraggle Rock Director. He's been here and given us news, as well as directing us to the blog where the latest information is kept.
Amy - Insider extraordinare, she's constantly provided us with stories, glimpses and all around informative stuff regarding the Muppet Comics
dwmckim - This guy always has something really profound and truly interesting to say.
Drmaticemphasis - As I already mentioned, they've really helped my understanding of modern Sesame Street
stephenjlizard - Mr Muppetcast who travels to the four corners of the earth to bring us Muppet news!

These and also so many other people who bring us news of Muppet Appearances...or behind the scenes information...

It's gunna be a tough year for deciding who to choose!

Also, Lisa, are you trying to BORE the wolf to death?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow What about having a band play. I vote for EM but i would also love to have maybe Areosmith.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I feel embarrassed, I don't even know who this Amy is. :embarrassed:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Aww gee, no category for "Most Obscure 'Where-Did-THAT-Come-From-And-Why-Are-You-Asking' Question Asker"? Well maybe next year... :wink: