The Sixth Somewhat-Annual Muppet Central Forum Awards 2010

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ah, but wait Beau, you're part of the committee, so that automatically disqualifies you from voting.

Doesn't it? :confused:
I don't think us people on the commitee should ba able to vote, but I do feel that we should be able to campaine for our threads, and possably ourselfs. I for one am not going to vote.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I'm not understanding why you think the committee should be barred from voting, guys. It's not like they have any insider info or in any way cheat the system. As long as they don't vote for themselves (which no one is allowed to do) I don't see the problem. :confused:

DrmaticEmphasis

Reaction score
Ok... I have a question...

What in heavens name is Biggest Muffin Purveyor?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah, there's no rule about committee members not voting (or campaigning) as there's no way for us to cheat. Plus, the more votes there are...the more chance of unexpected winners and surprising turns of events! This isn't the Golden Globes you know there's no nepotism here!

No Ricky Gervais?
Goodness no! He scared all of the two-year olds in the world by singing very loudly during a lullaby! For shame.

I was hoping Paul Rudd would be around to host this year...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
DrmaticEmphasis said:
*clears throat* Allow me. The Biggest Muffin Purveyor is the person who purposefully detracts the thread from its intended purpose for the ulterior purpose of entertaining the masses. ...I hope that helps. :stick_out_tongue:

As for the Gervais/Rudd debate... Puh-LEASE! If it was gonna be anyone, it would be Steve Carrell!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Prawnie said:
I'm also extremely honored to announce that once again we will be partnering with The MuppetCast hosted by Steve Swanson to broadcast our Awards Ceremony.
That's nice, but whatever happened to 2008's? I never, ever saw it.
I wondered when this contest was going to happen. This is the first I've heard of it. I look forward to see who wins this time around.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Ok... I have a question...

To expand on Prawnie's above explanation...

The biggest muffiner, "muffin" being the MC term for taking a thread off-topic in a fun, funny way. My favorite example of this is an old one, but in a thread discussing where the actual Muppet puppets are kept, once the question was answered, a whole bunch of members proceeded to plot and execute a mission to steal said Muppets, which ended up involving hijacking the Electric Mayhem bus, underground tunnels, and I think the kidnapping of some Muppeteers... loads of fun. It's a rather extreme example, but it's still my favorite.

So, the Biggest Muffin Purveyor is the member who takes the most threads in crazy, fun-filled directions, which around here tend to involve the throwing of muffins, penguins, and confetti, with the occasional water gun or punch bowl.

However! Muffining can also happen WITHIN a post. For example, if I proceed to ramble for a full paragraph in the middle of a post about how I got a concussion from a whiffle-ball in eighth grade, but get back on topic by the end of the post, that is a one-post muffin and can also contribute to someone's status as Biggest Muffin Purveyor.

Beauregard

Reaction score
dr-em said:
Well, let's just say...they look at Baskets of Mini Muffins from a great distance with binoculars...

And as for the Gervais/Rudd/Carrell debate...If we're gunna get a Carrell it should be Spinney. (Yeah, that joke worked better in my head.)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As for the Gervais/Rudd debate... Puh-LEASE! If it was gonna be anyone, it would be Steve Carrell!
Sorry, we can't afford him, which is why I took the liberty of compiling this short list of cheaper alternatives for this year's ceremonies...

• Jason Alexander
  • Brad Garrett
  • Grover
  • Deborah Norville
  • Patton Oswalt
  • Dr. Oz
  • Ihtzak Perlman
  • John Ratzenberger
  • Patrick Warburton

I wish we could afford Phillip Seymour Hoffman, but he's become a big star now, so we can't afford him after all, lol.