The Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora

Mupp

Reaction score
I'm really liking this web show!

And joy! The Swedish Chef has appeared!

The Muppets Studio REALLY needs to let people known about the show's website!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Finally saw all of the Kitchen Clips!

...and I like 'em.

Unlike Muppets.com these clips must first be informative. That's not easy and I appreciate what they've done. The recipes look fun and simple enough for even me. Cat seems sweet and excited about this concept. The Muppet zaniness is spot-on too. Kermit and Miss Piggy are not the stars and I like that! We get a little more Gonzo and Muppet rats than usual! Woohoo!

I do think they should have phased in Angelo over time, but web clips don't allow for such subtlety. The laymen will be confused about this new chef right off the bat and that's not a good thing. He has a few fun moments, but he hasn't won me over and it's unlikely he will. I find almost everything about him unappealing but Pepe saves the day being the most constant visible Muppet in these new clips. I love my king prawn! He can do no wrong. :rolleyes:

I'm glad that the Swedish Chef popped up. I hope we see more of him...and maybe Scooter sometime down the road.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I finally got to see it. At home I'm on dialup--yeah, I'm one of the three people in the continental US who doesn't have high-speed internet--so I got in to work a little early.

My opinion: WIN! It's got just about everything I love the Muppets for. And being a low-level foodie myself, I plan to try soime of the recipes.

Of course I have nitpicks, because nitpicking is what I do best. Angelo is OK, but he still looks like a whatnot to me. Maybe he'll grow on me. And this is the first time I've seen the new Gonzo puppet in motion in high resolution and... erk. I'd gladly trade his new eye trick for his old face shape and eyes that are a tad less crossed. Sometimes I get the feeling he's staring at his nose and wondering what the heck happened.

In conclusion, this show makes me stupidly happy. It's Muppetty goodness, and seeing Gonzo always makes me grin. I'll be recommending it to my friends and showing it to my niece and nephew, who I'm certain will go nuts over the confetti gag and pie contest.

I wish to heck I could save these clips. I know how to pull YouTube videos out of my cache and convert them to MPGs for offline viewing, but these things don't show up in my cache at all. Poo.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm having a fair amount of problems too. The first part played great. But as soon as the advertisement popped up, it froze, EVEN with the soundtrack of the Muppet segment playing in the background. But do far, pretty good.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Okay, I'll admit that I wasn't too sure about Angelo when I first saw him (mostly out of rage/concern/confusion that he wasn't the Swedish Chef), but after seeing the 'show', I could get why they aren't using good ol' Chef and he kinda grew on me (even though he did smoosh that poor cupcake).

The cut-away comedy bits were all great. The 'Frankfurterstein' one, in particular, had me second guessing the horrible pun they were going to use most of the way through. It was also nice to see Rowlf and Bear on Patrol back in action (that would make a nice movie title, Bear on Patrol: Back in Action!). :sympathy:

Overall, the only thing I didn't like was that ridiculous Honda commercial they kept playing between the videos.

I hope that's not all she wrote! I'm *snicker* hungry for more! :hungry:

dmoss

Reaction score
I'm having a fair amount of problems too. The first part played great. But as soon as the advertisement popped up, it froze, EVEN with the soundtrack of the Muppet segment playing in the background. But do far, pretty good.
Okay, so that's what was going on! My Firefox pop-up blocker is on; must have squashed a commercial on the site. Cat said something to the effect of, "The finished product right after this," only for me to discover that the video selection panel froze, and the show started over.

Disney is a sneaky one...I better disable my pop-up blocker if I want the full-effect. :attitude:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I tried that, but it doesn't seem to work. This exact same garbage happened to me with the South park player, which is why I never watch those anymore.

I'm sick of seeing that ugly fat guy sit on the screen instead of the actual program.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
They have done a very good job mixing the classic muppets into this. There style and everything almost seem like I was watching the Muppet Show. Spot on and well done. Now I have some questions for a Mr. Jim Lewis!

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
I have not watched the Episodes and clips yet but I just wanted to let you know something,

The New Chef might be a Take off of Mario Batali because Mario wears Bright orange Crocs and so does the new Chef Muppet.

Mupp

Reaction score
The Muppets Studio twitter account has now informed its followers of the Muppets Kitchen website.