1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by ploobis, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

She needs to be smacked like a bad, bad donkey, h'okay.:rolleyes:
  2. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

And didn't she also refer to Gonzo as Fonzo? :concern:
  3. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

To quote Rowlf in the Ideal Muppet dolls commercial, "What kind of an attitude is that?"
  4. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

My thoughts exactly.

Cat Cora and the Muppets are a great team--they even did a "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day" commercial together, for crying out loud.

Time to stop all this bickering and just sit back, relax and enjoy this series for what it is.
  5. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Anyone who gets a chance to work with the Muppets should at least take the time to get their names right! Come on.

It's just as annoying as that news clip from CBS with the whole Katy Perry thing. After the clip, one anchorman claims (promises us, in fact) that Miss Piggy wore outfits like that all the time on Sesame Street. "Check the archives and you will see." he said. Yeah, check all the archives you want, pal. You won't find her.

It's like people who say "I love the Muppets! Jim Hensen is cool! He does Beeker's voice, right? That chef on Sesame Street rox too! He goes 'borp borp borp!' ROFL!"

:rolleyes:

Convincing John
  6. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Methinks she simply flubbed the line and, since it was a live performance, couldn't have a do-over. :o
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I gotta see these when I have the time and all, but that was a big no no in my book. I've said it before, even though she does apparently have a good sense of humor, my problem with the Muppets Cooking with Cat Cora is the Cooking with Cat Cora part. I gotta say, I'm probably one of the few that actually dig Angelo...

But getting a Muppet name wrong (unless it's part of a joke) to a Muppets face is... well... face palm. :sing:
  8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The seems to be nervous and stuttering for a bit. It happens. I doubt she thinks his name is Fonzie.

I'm still not impressed with Angelo in these clips. I suppose he's intended for young children, but Elmo has more edge than this guy. I just can't get behind him. I gave him some eyes and tried to make him friendlier, but don't think I'll ever like the guy. Both versions are a little creepy.

On a positive note, I'm looking forward to future new Muppets that grow more organically as characters. A weekly half-hour program would give the Muppets that ability. Let's hope that happens down the line. :)
  9. Drtooth

I would've made him blue...

And French...

and overly emotional...

and a lousy cook that actually can't come up with anything unless he uses someone else's recipe.
  10. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

well i don't think we'll ever be seeing angelo outside of the muppets kitchen with cat cora. so i don't think we needa worry about it.
  11. Mupp

Mupp Member

Agreed.
  12. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

and i don't totally hate angelo, but i just don't see him working anywhere BUT in muppets kitchen with cat cora.
  13. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Something that makes me cranky about the website. They need to bring the video viewer a bit more center on the larger screen. On a few different computers i've visited the site on, the video player is so far to the right of the screen (and not scrollable to move over) that i can't access the elevator on the playlist so i'm forced to either watch them all in order or click on an episode one at a time to try to bring it closer to the bottom choices (and have to watch the forced commercials in between). If i head Gonzo and Fozzie shouting Happy Birthday one more time, i may scream.
  14. Drtooth

:o "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" :concern:
  15. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

16. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Boy, those two were the LAST characters I'd expect to make a return appearance.

EDIT: And you're right; the Snuggie parody is wonderful!
  17. Drtooth

Just saw the two of them. The sandwich episode? THAT is exactly what I wanted to see in Angelo... the way he was freaking out the entire time? Now if we can just keep that sort of thing up, we'd have a much stronger character. And something about these, even though they lack Gonzo, Fozzie and the others in the last 2, overall have a stronger feel to them. I guess it took them a while to work out the kinks.

And HEY! Beau in a speaking role. And when was the last time we saw Yolanda?
  18. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Beau was hilarious. "Didn't you use to be Swedish?" was a hilarious line. It's also probably what a lot of casual fans were thinking when they saw Angelo. :)

Honestly the only weak part is Cat. Would it kill her to take an acting lesson? I know it's not her thing, but please, someone get her an acting coach.
  19. Mupp

Mupp Member

Those two new episodes were great. :)
  20. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

WOW! The two new episodes are great!

I never would've expected to see Andy & Randy to make an appearance! I use to love those guys on Muppets Tonight! Another great Muppet duo by Steve Whitmire & Dave Goelz!