1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

The Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by ploobis, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Angelo may have his problems, but he did deliver my favorite line out of all the videos ("You cookies-a no touch each other...or I'll turn dis car around!").

2. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour Well-Known Member

I am in love with this crazy show!
    This needs to be on tv! It's way to good not to be.
    I love all the classic characters returning even Foofoo!
    Angelo I wasn't sure of at first but he's sooooo funny and has won me over already as a great new muppet character.
    I can't wait for more episodes and hope they give us more sketches as well.

3. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

Maybe... a food themed Pigs in Space sketch! The classics are just fun to watch! Oh and I two adore the :confused: & :eek: in Frankfurterstien! Nothing like the Muppets and a movie parody!

4. Mupp

Mupp Well-Known Member

I agree.

I wasen't too sure of Angelo at first, but he is a great character, I'm looking forward to more.

Perhaps they will have previews of this web show on Disney Channel.

There are currently promoting the show on the home page of Disney.com

5. GuySmileyfan

GuySmileyfan Well-Known Member

i'm sure they're using Angelo to communicate Cat Cora because the Swedish Chef can't speak english. But I'm sure the Swedish Chef will make a special appearance.

6. GuySmileyfan

GuySmileyfan Well-Known Member

OMG! Rowlf's in it! YAY! And the Swedish Chef is in it too.;)

7. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Hey! That's my cheesy pun! I used it first! :grouchy: ;)

I'll get you Gouda, you pun stealing Muenster.

*Ba-dum-ching-bad-pun*

8. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Just ripped all 11 episodes(and the 2 previews) in high quality and put em on dvd:) (*cough* google Replay Video Capture *cough*)

Not sure why these aren't simply shown on the Disney channel, as I wonder just how many people Disney is trying to reach will actually see these. But, as all of us are hungry for new content, it works.

Consistently we've been getting a lot of new Muppet "shows" since 2005, even if it's not an actual televised show.
    We had the pretty long running From The Balcony, the tons of skits on Muppets.com, and now Muppets Kitchen with all those youtube sketches in between.

9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The thing about Angelo is that he needs something. It's like the character didn't quite gestate yet, and it seems over time he could become a little more rounded out. I like him, and I get what his role is... but it seems he needs to have something outside the show to really make the character.

10. Mupp

Mupp Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that the Muppets Studio will make a video update on their youtube channel telling people where they can see the show. That would help out a lot, and hopefully it will make all of the offended Swedish Chef fans calm down after they see the format of the show.

So far, they have made an announcement on twitter and facebook, there is a preview clip on Muppets.com, and the show is currently being promoted on the home page of Disney.com

11. Mupp

Mupp Well-Known Member

12. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Haha! I loved it. And I'm gunna be the first (maybe?) to say that I think Angelo is a simply fantastic new character. He's unique in that he seems so calm and collected, but with a little sneaky joke here and there. He's so interesting. I'm not a huge fan of his design, as it makes him look a bit too much like a Puppet, but he seems sweet and kind-hearted (and he said that the Swedish Chef taught him everything he knows...so he took night classes, which I love! he has a lot of respect for the Swedish Chef, which is right for him.)

However, I'm gunna say it now and Ill say it again these videos should have a serious WARNING about using knives, hot pans, flames, etc. It's really not good practice for Cat to whip-out a knife and start chopping 'erbs without first saying how to hold your fingers to not get cut.

Love ya,
    Beau

13. Frogster

Frogster Well-Known Member

:boo: to Angelo
    :boo: to Cat and her acting abilities
    :boo: to this idea

14. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

When I tried watching that, all it did was play an ad, freeze, then start playing the recommended videos list. :confused:

I am annoyed. :grouchy:

15. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I can't wait.

16. Mupp

Mupp Well-Known Member

I have to say, on the "Hasty Tasty Cooking Tips" Angelo does some great improvisations, and Cat does a good job keeping up with it and playing along.

17. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

That was really cute and i kinda agree with Matt on how Angelo looks more like a puppet then a real type of Muppet but he is really cute and entertaining to watch. Cool to see how Fozzie does a great job in acting with Angelo and Cat. Now i have to go watch some more videos.

18. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I am. Ingnore my last post. I didn't know the seris lanched. I love it. Angalo's a great character. And the Muppeteers seem to have more fun doing this than Studio DC.

19. Mupp

Mupp Well-Known Member

I enjoyed seeing the Swedish Chef make an appearance in the breakfast episode.

Due to the format of the show, the Muppets Studio was right to use Angelo.

20. Mupp

Mupp Well-Known Member

Just in case anyone had a misunderstanding before with a post I made earlier, I do like Muppets Kitchen.

Its always great to see the Muppets doing new things, and I think its great that they teamed up with Cat Cora for this, Some of the recipes look really good. In general this seems like a good project for them.

As many of you know, news about Muppets Kitchen was first mentioned last year at the D23 Expo, and for a while I was worried that it was canceled.

Its understandable that people are disappointed that the Swedish Chef is not front and center, but as some have noted, its really for the best.
    The Swedish Chef is an awesome character, but he is not exactly known for preparing meals that are..well eatable and safe.
    This web show is a comedy, but it is still about preparing real food. So it had to be done this way.

And again, the Swedish Chef does made an appearance in the "breakfast" episode and I'm looking forward to future episodes.

Swedish Chef has obviously not been phased out. They will continue to use him in future projects.