The Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
We have multiple pig females ,We have multiple chickens, multiple rats, multiple frogs...why not two chefs?

With the exception of chickens and penguins, which are crowd fillers, all the other multiples are different from each other, for example, green and blue frogs,etc.Plus there is really only one frog, one pig, one bear, one what ever....of note.All others are roles to compliment the main player.I dont have a problem with another Chef,but Angelo seems to be a main player and I dont see
the Swedish chef with him.Also, I feel Angelo is too simular in design and mannerism to the Swedish Chef.He is the same body shape,same no eyes, same nose shape, same holding onto a rolling pin.I think just no moustache,different voice and hair isnt enough.If he is Italian, give him a bigger,longer nose.Give him eyes, make him more like the Ratatouille Chefs.BTW Italians do have a lot of chest hair!
I agree with this. It's almost like they took some publicity shots of Cat with the Swedish Chef and then decided to go a different way so they Photoshopped him to look different and then built the puppet around that design. I'm not saying that's what happened. It just kind of looks like it did, but he does have a good performer and background Muppets, like Sal, have been known to transcend bland design to make their way to being major players. That's when they get the puppet spa treatment. :flirt:

muppetperson

Reaction score
I agree with this. It's almost like they took some publicity shots of Cat with the Swedish Chef and then decided to go a different way so they Photoshopped him to look different and then built the puppet around that design. I'm not saying that's what happened. It just kind of looks like it did, but he does have a good performer and background Muppets, like Sal, have been known to transcend bland design to make their way to being major players. That's when they get the puppet spa treatment. :flirt:
He does look a bit better in the clip, when he isnt wearing the Chef hat.So can we get confirmation who the performer is-Tyler or Bill?

Nick22

Reaction score
BTW Italians do have a lot of chest hair!
my whole family is italian. hahaha. i would know.

and i don't like the way angelo looks over all. he doesn't look muppety enough. something's just off

dwmckim

Reaction score
I'm actually very optimistic about the project after seeing the two promo clips. The new chef doesn't bug me yet. This may change once i see the show but i'm keeping the big picture in perspective...

- When one thinks "Muppet doinga cooking show", Swedish Chef is the first thing that comes to mind. I like that they're not just going with what's expected and predictable.

- While Angelo may be the central Muppet figure, i'm willing to bet we'll see TheSwedish Chef pop up somewhere as well. Muppets Studio under L Brier's helm has proven that they "get" the Muppets and the classic cast. The Swedish Chef has not been out of the limelight or forgotten about by any means. Disney knows he's popular. Not only has he been frequently used, but he was the star of the most recent viral video. He works great in things like that - but another chef character may have been better for this project since (a) as has been mentioned, it may work better to have an English speaker but also since this will presumably feature actual you-can-do-this-too recipes, it may be best to use a chef that doesn't use weapons and explosives to prepare most of his food and The Swedish Chef's recipes are known to often be a bit inedible. (b) The Chef helping out a human host has already been done in the form of Donna's Day; they probably wanted to do something that may not feel as recycled. (c) This isn't the first time there's been another Muppet chef. Jacques Roach (later Yves St La Roache) anyone? Not only was he a new character but he also interacted with Swedish Chef in some hilarious bits!

Everything else we've seen from Muppets Studio have been top quality with a respect for the characters and i just can't see a sudden 180 taking place - especially in the buildup to the Big Movie. Swedish Chef aside, my reaction to a Muppet cooking show's been basically a yawn, but the clips show all the Muppet wackiness and humor in full swing. The Newsman introducing it - with some great gags (the pancakes! segueing into the bit with the chickens!) The other Muppets wreaking havoc...including a Frackle even! These clips have me excited now!

And besides...doesn't shouldn't The Swedish Chef have a little bit of downtime to enjoy his newly married life?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Everything else we've seen from Muppets Studio have been top quality with a respect for the characters and i just can't see a sudden 180 taking place - especially in the buildup to the Big Movie. Swedish Chef aside, my reaction to a Muppet cooking show's been basically a yawn, but the clips show all the Muppet wackiness and humor in full swing. The Newsman introducing it - with some great gags (the pancakes! segueing into the bit with the chickens!) The other Muppets wreaking havoc...including a Frackle even! These clips have me excited now!

And besides...doesn't shouldn't The Swedish Chef have a little bit of downtime to enjoy his newly married life?
I'll have to be honest. I agree completely. I was feeling that a Muppet net Cooking show is a great way to get the brand out, but I certainly wasn't as excited for it, say, as a new Web video or a new arc in the comic series... or biggest of all, a major pre-movie project. Even with the Swedish Chef, all I could picture is basic capering while they put together a simple recipe. Fun, but not exciting. Seems like this needs a different kind of Chef than the one we know, and again... who's to say we're never going to see him there? This may be a time for some subtle choice satire of cooking shows with two chefs. Ever see Cooking with Julia (or is it baking with Julia)? She really does nothing but stand over someone else who refuses to let her do anything. She REALLY seemed to hide in a bit of annoyance when she had the episode with Martha Stewart, basically saying, "Do you know who the XXXXX I AM? If it weren't for me, you'd have been NOWHERE, you little XXXXXX!"

Who's to say that we won't see the chefs sort of butting heads, or being overly lovey dovey to each other on TOP of whatever Muppet distractions there are? Plus, if it is indeed Tyler, he always manages to put something over the top yet subtle in his characters. I still want to see real confirmation, though.

It's almost like they took some publicity shots of Cat with the Swedish Chef and then decided to go a different way so they Photoshopped him to look different and then built the puppet around that design. I'm not saying that's what happened. It just kind of looks like it did
It almost seems exactly that way. I can't say I dislike the actual puppet design all that much. Seems like he should be blue or purple or something, though.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Hopefully they will rebuilt him in a better way for the production of the new Muppets film.
I think he's good the way he is, seeing him in the sneak peek video was the best I've seen of him, ever since the Give a Day, Get a Disney Day promotion I've been worried about his appearance but I have gotten way used to it since then!

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
"It's a small part.. but times are ruff"
Good to see Rowlf back!

Lil0Vampy

Reaction score
Dunno bout ya'll, but this is awesome! I personally think Angelo's a great too! Bear on Patrol, Kermit bein' a reporter, and FooFoo! And I've seen a few episodes!