1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The “What did you do today?” thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by AlittleMayhem, Oct 9, 2012.

1. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Just returned from a meet up with other Bronies to watch the premiere of the new season of MLP:FiM. (Don't be hatin'! :p)

Better than expected. We started by watching some Avatar episodes, then the host decided to tell us at the last minute that he was babysitting his younger siblings as well. Then we had food while we watched the episode and it was really good (though the villain was defiantly no Discord). So it was relatively safe for the kiddies.

Then someone had the bright idea of watching YT vids of people playing Slender...

I have an odd social life. Fun, but odd.
    mo likes this.
  2. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

I played that yesterday with my friends and we almost peed our pants every time we saw him. Right behind the truck, the tankers, around the rocks... :eek:
    AlittleMayhem likes this.
  3. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I saw Wreck-It-Ralph yesterday. Wasn't too fond of it.
    It's too bad that this is making more than Frankenweenie did at the box office. That was a much better movie. :(
  4. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I went to lunch and shopping! Two of my favorite things to do!!! :D
  5. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

This weekend, I went to southern Taiwan with my family. My father is having a meet-up with classmates.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

All I did today was go to church and sit on this forum. :o

What? I can't help it if my life goes on frequent mission trips...
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  7. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Today, I went to north of Indiana to see my grandmother, aunt and uncle. Before we even got there, I started singing Cottleson Pie, but I forgot the lyrics. Rats! :sympathy:

I got along with my aunt and uncle very well, but my grandmother... I had to repeat my questions or my words since she couldn't hear me. Poor thing! :dreamy: I still love her though and I gave her a hug before we left.
  8. Pinkflower7783

I watched football and might I add my team won! YEAH! and I did laundry. Again watching paint dry is more interesting.
  9. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

*adds a desk and a can of paint to the bottom of Christmas shopping list*
  10. Pinkflower7783

Yeah well I'm getting you coal for Christmas. :p
  11. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

But I no be bad boy. :cry:
    charlietheowl likes this.
  12. Pinkflower7783

Your buying me a can of paint and a desk. :p
  13. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Fine then...no desk and paint for you!

*to other readers*

Now what can I use to get revenge on Pinky here? Coal wouldn't work as it could potentially heat her living space, and cow manure could potentially come in handy if hse happens to take up farming, and fried mushrooms might work, though her husband might like fried mushrooms, and...
  14. Pinkflower7783

Actually he doesn't but do send some cause my parents love mushrooms. I personally feel like I've already got revenge on you considering all the stores I have. :p Oh and you have gotten revenge on me. MTI remember?
  15. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I've actually been having a theory on why it didn't do as well as other movies
    1. it was in black in white. a good artistic classic horror movie choice, but kids tend to perfer colour.
    2. the original was scary, well in my opinion.
    3. it wasn't in cgi, no kid wants to see stop motion or 2D animation :(
    4. the original was better. my opinion again.
  16. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Just don't buy her anything, for Pete's sake…
  17. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I'm tired of doing everything for the well-being of TMTM's weird restaurant owner!
    newsmanfan likes this.
  18. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's too bad though, becuase it lost to Hotel Translyvania, and people would normally go to a CG 3D film than a black and white one. Plus, Frankenweenie wasn't a funny movie. But it was a really good movie. That is one I am going to buy the day it comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray. (And I'm not even a Tim Burton fan)
    Hopefully it will do well on home release, like The Nightmare Before Christmas did. That one didn't do too well at the box office, but when it came to home release it became a Disney classic. Hopefully Frankenweenie will become one of those Disney classics one day.
  19. Pinkflower7783

I didn't get anything done today that I wanted to do as I ended up taking a nap and probably just screwed my sleep schedule up more then it already is. :p
  20. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

You know how sometimes you do something, with completely different intentions, and yet, somehow, it turns into something of a success (think Ralph Bighead, the more he tried to sabotage Wacky Deli, the more success it became)? That is EXACTLY what happened to me yesterday: I submitted something of a subtle "Take that!" jab pic on deviantART yesterday, and it ended up being very popular with people.

Granted, they don't know the intentions behind it, but still, I honestly wasn't expecting it to be popular.