1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The “What did you do today?” thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by AlittleMayhem, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I made the pattern for my next puppet's skin and boiled up half a yard of Punky Muppet fur. When that dries, let the cutting and dyeing begin!
  2. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Went to church, then I sang "I Dreamed a Dream" (from Les Miserables) at our church talent show. Plus, I was listening SS christmas stuff, oh yeah and Muppet Christmas songs at home. Then, I took a (yawns) a long nap.
  3. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

I was in a parade for my band. It was two miles, and we had to go up a HUMONGOUS hill! I nearly passed out, no joke. :dreamy:
  4. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

I've been sick for the past couple of days with some sort of cold, so I didn't go to church today. I mostly played my saxophone (I learned Moving Right Along today :) ), filled a couple of pages in my sketchbook and watched YouTube videos.
    Vincent Liu likes this.
  5. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Went to church, watched more Firefly, went to Wal-mart and talked with UC about the future. :D Now I'm working on my Spanish assignment. 'Tis a good day!
  6. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Went to a birthday party on Saturday. Sunday had to go get a new power strip as ours went up. >< Got dinner, and then watched football. Over all it was a good weekend.
  7. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I went ahead on my homework, which should make things easier in the next few weeks.
  8. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------
    Scheduled time off in Dec to visit my family and picked up some overnight work shift this week...which means I'll be exhausted, but financially okay next month, so fair trade-off.

------------
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  9. Vincent Liu

Study my head off
  10. Pinkflower7783

Decorating...it literally looks like Christmas took several poops in my place.
    charlietheowl likes this.
  11. newsmanfan

Feel a bit surreal. On my overnight shift tonight my client died. Wasn't a shock, but actually holding a stranger's hand and singing to her as she took her last breath was a new experience. Hope she left the world comforted. Am home now on my phone. Hospice and family tending to her.

Just feels odd. Not bad or creepy just a bit sobering knowing I'm the last thing she heard.
  12. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I'm celebrating thanksgiving today, but it's sorta late and my mom said we can't get a christmas tree today :p
  13. Vincent Liu

Excuse me, what was your job again?

But I'm sure she left the world comforted.
  14. Pinkflower7783

Today I will be doing nothing!!! I am finished my Christmas decorating inside. Just have to put up some lights outside! But I'll do that on Monday. Today I'm just going to watch football and cook dinner and maybe do some laundry.
  15. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness! I'm glad you were there helping as she passed. It must have been an emotional scene.
  16. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Newsmanfan, if I may say so, that was one of the most beautiful, haunting things I've ever read. Wow.

As for me, I went to church with UC, worked on my Spanish project, cleaned my room and worked on a cosplay outfit that just had a major setback. :mad: Oh well, the more you know and all that. :D
  17. Pinkflower7783

I am gonna be cleaning my house today. :p
  18. newsmanfan

----------
    Thanks all... Vincent, I work as a senior caregiver (nonmedical). Yeah, it was just...strange. There was this definite moment when I knew she was about to go (I was actually scooping her cats' litterboxes and suddenly the room felt different; when I turned around her eyes were open for first time all night). All that cliche'd stuff about the "death rattle" and staring off into the beyond? True. Not something I'll ever forget. I didn't even know her at all (only had 2 shifts watching over her) but was struggling not to let crying interfere with my singing so she could be heralded out properly. As I am not religious and know no hymns I sang a couple of Sufi songs I learned as a kid; hope they suited.

My life has become extremely surreal in the past few weeks. Have more to say but it belongs over in the "something weird" thread...
    --------------
    Vincent Liu likes this.
  19. Pinkflower7783

Your a good person newsman you don't ever forget things like that. And I'm sure she heard you and left with a smile on her face.
  20. newsmanfan

No smile. But nothing wrong with her hearing, so I hope it pleased her. Thank you.

----------
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.