Summertime!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Cool, very cool...:cool: Now that you mention it, makeup days really weren't all that bad, I mean it was just like an extra hour of school for the most part as I remember.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Cool, very cool...:cool: Now that you mention it, makeup days really weren't all that bad, I mean it was just like an extra hour of school for the most part as I remember.
Luckily, we've NEVER had make up days because unfortunately we RARELY have snow days down here.

lael

Reaction score
The schools in my town are still in session. Had to make up for some snow days.
~ Make up day's always made the school year drag ooooooonn & oooonn knowing that you should be out of school. Snow day's where fun & we're glad to have them in the winter, but they so totaly bite in the summer.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
~ Make up day's always made the school year drag ooooooonn & oooonn knowing that you should be out of school. Snow day's where fun & we're glad to have them in the winter, but they so totaly bite in the summer.
Oh yeah! There was nothing like waking up on a school morning and seeing everything covered with snow! Bonus if it was still coming down!

Then I would glue my ear to the radio and wait for the cancellation announcement. Woo-hoo! Snow day! Time to go outside, have snowball fights, build a snowman, build snow forts, etc.

Of course the radio was still glued to my ear. It was tough to pull off, especially since I had Krazy-glued it, but no matter. We had a snow day!

As I remember, our make-up days weren't really that bad. Sure, we had to go to school, but for all intents and purposes, the school year was officially over. Most of the work was light, and the atmosphere was rather laid-back.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Man! Do you live in Stars Hollow or something?:wink:
Heh. Pretty close. I live in a Norman Rockwell-like town. Or maybe it's closer to Mayberry, I dunno.

I go to the local barber and get my hair cut for $6.00.

Summertime folks go down to the ol' fishin' hole.

Summer means fresh, homemade strawberry shortcakes.

The center of town is lit up with lights during the Christmas season.

Everything is pretty laid back around these parts.

Yep.

Yep.

lael

Reaction score
Oh yeah! There was nothing like waking up on a school morning and seeing everything covered with snow! Bonus if it was still coming down!

Then I would glue my ear to the radio and wait for the cancellation announcement. Woo-hoo! Snow day! Time to go outside, have snowball fights, build a snowman, build snow forts, etc.

Of course the radio was still glued to my ear. It was tough to pull off, especially since I had Krazy-glued it, but no matter. We had a snow day!

As I remember, our make-up days weren't really that bad. Sure, we had to go to school, but for all intents and purposes, the school year was officially over. Most of the work was light, and the atmosphere was rather laid-back.
For us a snow day just paused the schooling schedule which ment if we had tests planned for the last week of school, the test would still go on on the last week of school. even if it's a week or two past the original release date. :frown:

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
What I hope to accomplish this summer- I'd like to finish making my Man-Thing mask, I hope to make some home movies, and I'm trying to start a graphic novel project.