Season 40 Hidden Gems

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I also have had the same thoughts about Jerry Nelson. I've heard he's just doing voice work for his characters now so I wonder how often he does the actual puppeteering. Just some things I've been curious about.
For the recent Marshall Grover and Fred the Wonder horse sketch, Jerry Nelson sat off to the side doing the voice while Matt Vogel performed Fred. The season 40 book states that Jerry didn't do the puppetry because of the contortions required to perform in the scene. (Frank and Matt both look very uncomfortable in the accompanying photo)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay. Thanks for that info. I'm hoping to get the book for Christmas, so I'll wath for that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
While cleaning out the washing Machine, Luis pulled out Teeny little Superguy, cup and all. And they even played a bar of the theme song with it. Looks like these gems are going to be a lot more obvious from now on. At least, more obvious than something out of focus you can kind of see in widescreen under the PBS logo.

There were a couple other musical prompts (Oscar's I Love Trash played when he picked up his lint ball, some sort of tune that seemed familiar when Elmo was looking for the wrench), but I don't know if they count.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Loved seeing the Teeny Little Super Guy and stuff. This season is really great to see these the older stuff they give a nod too.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
In today's episode, Maria and Luis have a flashback to when they were married and planted a tree on the street. Forgetful Jones make a walk-by cameo; they even say Hi to him!

unclematt

Reaction score
In today's episode, Maria and Luis have a flashback to when they were married and planted a tree on the street. Forgetful Jones make a walk-by cameo; they even say Hi to him!
Does Forgetful Jones reply? If so do we know who is doing the voice?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Does Forgetful Jones reply? If so do we know who is doing the voice?
No... walk by usually means a silent walk by. He waved, and that was that. Still better than something so hidden, no one knows what it's supposed to be.

unclematt

Reaction score
Forgetful Jones was a great character. I wonder if they would ever consider bringing him back? Is there anybody that could do his voice? He always made me laugh but then again so did most of Richard's characters

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Regarding the background image of Jim Henson, that wasn't a hidden gem... It was a hidden JIM!