Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Don't worry I'm afraid to too. I want to listen to the Fraggle songs on my iPod but I'm worried about my reaction if I do.
Same here, I can't even get the Count's voice out of my head as memories of Jerry's work flows through at the moment.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
All of the major news corporations have credited Jerry as Snuffy, and you have to admit, he DID ORIGINATE the role, so in a sense, that does say something.
Yes, I've seen other obits that will mention if an actor originated a well known role.

Hubert

Reaction score
If I had to sum up Jerry with one word, it would be "integrity". The more I look back on his work, the more I realize how much integrity was in every bit of it. Everything he did had this sense of integrity. His work had such the integrity of all aspects of the Muppets. He performed them all with such integrity, such personality, that it can never be matched.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Everyone else has said what Jerry meant to them, as a person, as a performer, and in his characters, so I guess I should say my piece. Jerry was special to me because he was a Muppet performer, and sure, I adored all of his characters and their different personalities, but Jerry and the other performers are all special to me because they helped me, as a teenager desperate to fit in (as I was when I became a Muppet fan), to see that it was okay to think outside the box, to be different, and even to be a little weird. And for that, I'll always be grateful. Thank you, Jerry.