1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Questions we may never know the answer

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by AmazingMumford, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Andy New Member

MY unsolved mysteries involve the ever-popular beginning/end films, specifically:

How long did it actually take to film them, since they had to be actually filmed in real time, then sped up in post edit?

Did Jim Henson direct them, or did Frank Oz?

Did the man eating the hot dog have to eat more than one? (a follow-up to the first question)

Where, in fact, were they filmed?
  2. mikebennidict New Member

I don't understand your 1st and 3rd questions. Obviously they sped of the films on all of them and why would you think the man need to eat more than 1 hot dog?
  3. ISNorden Active Member

I actually like the "Sesame Moments" bits at the beginning of the Season 35 shows. Seeing Kermit on the street again, even for a few seconds, is good for an AWWW! or two; mind you, he wasn't even my favorite character when I watched in kindergarten. If Sesame Workshop needs to show copyright credits and viewers-turned-famous just to replay a vintage clip...then I say "Bring 'em on!" The Workshop deserves some special honor for acknowledging the grown-up fans along with the pre-K ones.
  4. Andy New Member

What I MEANT was, did they get these on the first take? Things CAN go wrong when you film, you know. Did they have to go back and try it the next day, next week?:)
  5. BEAR Active Member

No, Herry was definitely there. He was sitting on the stoop with Bert and Ernie. Telly was on the side of the stoop rail with Baby Bear and Big Bird.
  6. fauby New Member

What is the "Monster Parade" a few posts mention? That sounds interesting to me!
  7. patrickballoonm New Member

I learned that the segments with the falling baker were created for "Sesame" by Jim Henson, that his son Brian was the kid who sang the song of "whatever was the number of the day," and that Jim performed the voice of the baker. But who was the actor who took all those falls?
  8. mikebennidict New Member

There were a bunch of kids who sang on those films. Where did you hear that Jim was only doing the voice of the baker and somebody else was performing him. I doubt that.
  9. patrickballoonm New Member

One page in "Sesame Street Unpaved" includes still shots from the #10 "Baker" segment. The caption for the baker's near-end line reads, "Baker (Jim Henson's voice): Ten... Layer... Cakes!" It was also explained that Jim's son, Brian, was the "little boy who counted in some 'Baker' inserts.
  10. Soul H New Member

Here is a question that's pondering me:

In some Sesame Street albums and books, we see Little Jerry with a guitar. But did Little Jerry ever play the guitar on the show?
  11. patrickballoonm New Member

Hmmm... I could be wrong, but I think maybe one time back when David (Northern Calloway) ran Hooper's Store, and Gina (Allison Bartlet O'Reilly) was in her late teens and helped worked for David at Hooper's, Gina excitedly begged David for a day off so that she could see Little Jerry & the Monotones in concert at the play area nearby. I believe Jerry DID play a guitar in that episode, but I'm not sure.

Come to think of it, I wonder if Little Jerry was named after muppeteer Jerry Nelson, if Big Jeffie (the bass singer with the big brown beard) was named after Jeffrey Moss, if Little Crissy (with the crazy blond hair and the yellow glasses) was named after Christopher Cerf, and if Rockin' Richard (the caveman-like character) was named after Richard Hunt.

What do YOU think?:confused: :smirk:
  12. Soul H New Member

You're absolutely right. Little Jerry and The Monotones was names after the actors who did their voices. Although I could've sworn that Little Chrissy was a short, lavender guy with an afro.

13. patrickballoonm New Member

Yeah, I think you're right. The Little Chrissy I was thinking of was of "Little Chrissy and the Alphabeats." When Kermit would dress as a reporter and interview Don Music, the blond-haired, spectacled Little Chrissy and two other muppets who both wore red golf shirts would unexpectedly appear and sing along with Don. It's kind of like Mike Rutherford of Genesis and the fact that despite not singing lead vocals, HE heads Mike + the Mechanics.

Confusing, don't you think? :confused:
  14. JLG Member

I've always had this weird fascination with Little Chrissy. Dunno what it is. He just seems so enigmatic. He's strange-looking and since he has black eyes, it's harder to "read" him than it is other Muppets. And on the technical side, I've always wanted to know what his hair is made out of.

I think his most recent appearance was just four or five years ago. Some singer (forget who) is singing the alphabet along with his piano playing, and some of the regular monsters come along and join the chorus. I was surprised to see him since he seems to be one of the many, many "banished" characters.
  15. BEAR Active Member

So let me get this straight (because I was always confused)...Little Chrissy was the one with a blue head, crazy yellow hair and glasses, right?
  16. patrickballoonm New Member

I think maybe I saw that segment you're talking about. I believe the singer that Little Chrissy did the alphabet with was Patti LaBelle.
  17. patrickballoonm New Member

Well, that's how many of us remember Little Chrissy, but yeah.
  18. BEAR Active Member

Just confirming, because I have heard people describe him completely different.
  19. mikebennidict New Member

He was Green and if you go to the youtube section on the top of this page there's a least 1 clip of him performing the telephone rock song.
  20. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I have a few questions now:

1. Were Kermit and Grover a regular duo during the first season? There is only one first season sketch with these two characters (the one where Kermit wanted Grover to get in a box), and Kermit's other lectures usually co-starred Beautiful Day Monster or Cookie Monster instead (or sometimes a group of monsters would be used). I know that Grover regularly co-starred with Herbert Birdsfoot during the second season, when Herbert briefly replaced Kermit, and then when Kermit returned Kermit and Grover were a regular duo. Could Grover's team-ups with Herbert have been inspiration for his team-ups with Kermit?

2. I know that it's common for human cast members to not appear in every episode, but during the first season did all human adult characters appear in every episode?