Questions we may never know the answer

BEAR

Reaction score
I also recall a scene with Ernie, Snuffy and Hoots together. Not sure what season it was. Ernie was sitting in the Arbor area sad because Bert couldn't play. Snuffy came by and said how sad he was because Big Bird couldn't play with him that day. With Hoots accompanying them on his sax, Snuffy and Ernie sing a song called the "Best Friend Blues" and by the end of the song decide that they can just play together because they are good friends too. This was so neat to see because how often is it that Ernie and Snuffy share a dialogue together?

BEAR

Reaction score
Once in a while you will see some of those characters you all mentioned in street scenes. The Count and Prairie used to hang out on the street with Big Bird and the gang much more often a while back, but strangely not so much now. I think it is also a matter of what Muppeteers are available and what characters are really needed for the street segment. Ernie pops up every now and then. Didn't he join Birdkateers once? I think that even now, they mostly use on the street Big Bird, Snuffy, Telly, Baby Bear, Elmo, Zoe and Rosita because those performers are SS streets main Muppeteers. They don't have a lot of other Muppet commitments the way Steve Whitmire and Eric Jacobson (then Henson and Oz) do.

Of course in the films and TV specials, we see all the characters interacting on the street quite a lot.

JLG

Reaction score
Was that scene recent? Or was it a while ago? 'Cause I know they just recently brought Hoots back from oblivion, at least for that one song "A Cookie Is A Sometime Food." (they gave him these new, alert eyes, which I regret)

About Kermit and him not having been there since the hurricane-----I just caught the credits a few days ago and it said "Kermit the Frog is (C) The Jim Henson Company". This indicated that Kermit had been in the episode, although I don't know if it was an old clip or not. They have to give that copyright notice now, since the Muppets aren't all owned under one roof anymore.....:cry:

JLG

Reaction score
I sometimes wonder if people like Bob McGrath and Loretta Long (Susan) missed working with characters like Kermit and Ernie, which they frequently did at the start.

Soul H

Reaction score
PiLfan said:
the 3rd monotone was busy recording a solo album at the time...:wink:
No, no. What I meant was in some episodes, Little Jerry was with Big Jeffy, Little Chrissy and the guy who is dressed like a caveman. But in other episodes Little Jerry is with Big Jeffy and another Fat Blue muppet with sunglasses and brown hair.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
JLG said:
Was that scene recent?
That song, "Best friends Blues", was from the late 1980s. Jim Henson performed Ernie in that scene.

JLG said:
About Kermit and him not having been there since the hurricane-----I just caught the credits a few days ago and it said "Kermit the Frog is (C) The Jim Henson Company". This indicated that Kermit had been in the episode, although I don't know if it was an old clip or not. They have to give that copyright notice now, since the Muppets aren't all owned under one roof anymore.....:cry:
Since 2003, the song Do De Rubber Duck has been shown once a season. In season 35, each episode began with a scene where a celebrity talked about there favorite Sesame Street moments. Some of them feature clips with kermit the Frog, and the credits for those episodes have a copyright credit for Kermit's scene in the "favorite moents" introduction, even though I don't consider those to actually be part of the episodes themselves, especially since those scenes are followed by ads for each sponsor. Ownership credits for Kermit should have just been shown followig the introductions.

I know of two introductions featuring Kermit clips. One of them featured the skit where kermit and a girl say the alphabet. The other one, which I saw today, featured a clip of Kermit and other characters on the street holding signs with letters of the alphabet. I think this is from the season 4 premier, where everybody announced their name and the lette rthat their name begins with. That scene was different from how I pictured it. The clip ended with P for Prairie dawn, but it would have been nice if it lasted a bit longer to show R for Roosevelt Franklin. But at least a Sesame Street clip with kermit was seen.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I used to wonder where the tire swing hung from.It looks as if it hangs from the sky.But of course now I'm old enough to know the answer to that question.Since in real life the street is inside a studio,not outdoors,the swing simply hangs from the studio ceiling.:wink:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Yes, the mysterious striped pants. Herry does always wear those pants in illustrations, and my Herry beanie babie is wearing them, but I'm not sure if Herry (as a Muppet on the show) was ever seen wearing them. We rarely see him below the chest anyway. Does he ever wear them. I remember seeing him in the end of "The Street We Live On" where the cast is singing that song and he is seen full body sitting on the stoop. He isn't wearing pants there. What is the story with those pants?
I never caught that in "The Street We Live On." I saw Herry in the Monster Parade but that was it. Are you sure you're not thinking of Telly? Just wondering.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I also recall a scene with Ernie, Snuffy and Hoots together. Not sure what season it was. Ernie was sitting in the Arbor area sad because Bert couldn't play. Snuffy came by and said how sad he was because Big Bird couldn't play with him that day. With Hoots accompanying them on his sax, Snuffy and Ernie sing a song called the "Best Friend Blues" and by the end of the song decide that they can just play together because they are good friends too. This was so neat to see because how often is it that Ernie and Snuffy share a dialogue together?
Yeah. That one was on 'You Tube.' That was a real good one. It was kind of rare to see a Henson character in a street scene around that time. Still that was a very enjoyable sketch.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
That song, "Best friends Blues", was from the late 1980s. Jim Henson performed Ernie in that scene.

Since 2003, the song Do De Rubber Duck has been shown once a season. In season 35, each episode began with a scene where a celebrity talked about there favorite Sesame Street moments. Some of them feature clips with kermit the Frog, and the credits for those episodes have a copyright credit for Kermit's scene in the "favorite moents" introduction, even though I don't consider those to actually be part of the episodes themselves, especially since those scenes are followed by ads for each sponsor. Ownership credits for Kermit should have just been shown followig the introductions.
Sorry to keep repeating posts, it's been a while since I looked through this thread and I keep thinking up new things to say.

Anyway, it's good that :smile: still shows up on SS occassionally, even if it is with copyright information in the credits. Though I would like to see him on the same level as on "Plaza Sesamo." After all, "Do de Rubber Duck" seems to be his only official appearance these days, unless you count his appearances on "The Street We Live On" special.