1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Questions we may never know the answer

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by AmazingMumford, Mar 5, 2005.

1. bigjeffy New Member

Here's a question we'll never know for sure

Who performs the Keyboardist,Guitarist,and Drummer for How Now Brown Cow and the Moo Wave?
  2. Soul H New Member

Speaking of How Now Brown and The Moo Wave, I always wondered: is the guitaist a dude or a dudette?

According to Muppet Wiki the guitarist is a dude, but if you look closely, in Wet Paint you can see the guitarist has eyelashes.

So which is it? What do you think?

:confused:

3. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Frank Oz performed the keyboardist, Fran Brill performed the guitarist, and Brian Muehl performed the drummer.;) Just kidding. I don't know who performed them. But I suspect that Jim Henson performed the puppetry of How Now Brown Cow (but I don't know for sure who performed him).
  4. patrickballoonm New Member

As far as I'm concerned it was Christopher Cerf who performed How Now Brown. If you ask me, He and Little Crissy sound very much alike.
  5. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I know that, but I also know that Christopher Cerf didn't actually perform any characters. He just performed voices. The Songs from the Street booklet mentions that Jim Henson performed Little Chrissy while Cerf performed the voice.
  6. bigjeffy New Member

I think the guitarist is a dude.;) though I don't remember seeing any eyelashes on him.
  7. bigjeffy New Member

Lol,those are good guesses.:).Here are my guesses on the performers

Keyboardist - Jim Henson
    Guitarist - Jerry Nelson
    Drummer - Fran Brill
  8. Soul H New Member

Here's another one:

In some of the News Flash segments Kermit usually goes "Hi-Ho!" but in others he greets them in a normal way like "Hi there", "Hello there" etc.

Why is that? :confused:
  9. Soul H New Member

Try and figure these question involving the Count.

In the early seasons he'd pronounce a word with a v such as "seven" as "seven" but as the years go by the v sound changed into a w such as from "seven" to "sewen". Why is that?

and now for question 2:

In the early Count sketches in his dilapidated castle his way of electricity was by candle-light, but in his song "Count Up To 9" somehow he had electricity in his castle to run his jukebox. How is that?

:confused:
  10. mr3urious Well-Known Member

This question might be considered a little inappropriate and weird :o, but I'll try to keep it as tasteful as possible.

How do monsters reproduce if they have no visible genitalia? Do they just sort of "do it" like birds?
  11. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Same thing about cartoon characters. They don't really have them. Mainly because it isn't considered appropriate to draw them.

I do wanna add that Herry wears pants, supposedly.
  12. Soul H New Member

Another one comes to mind:

In the African Animal Alphabet, they sing "H is Hippopotamus here's a laugh". They could have used Hyena for the H, in reference to the classic term laugh like a hyena.

Weird no?
  13. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Answerable.... rhyme and rhythm. Clearly, they could have used hyena, but it probably wouldn't have sounded as good, nor could they work it in any better.
  14. dietrich Member

One question I always wanted to know is how many total Muppet sketches there are?
    minor muppetz likes this.
  15. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

After watching episode 1316, I must wonder Osvaldo's first appearance on the actual street was like. Did Oscar invite Osvaldo to visit before leaving Puerto Rico? Did Osvaldo move to Sesame Street? Of course there doesn't seem to be many other known appearances by him (not counting the background of A Muppet Family Christmas), but I feel I am vaguely aware of another appearance.
  16. Katzi428 Well-Known Member

The show's been on the air 43 years & the question of "Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?" hasn't been answered. Also has anyone figured out :What's The Name Of That Song?":)
  17. Hubert Well-Known Member

Maybe "What's the Name of That Song?" is the name of "What's the Name of That Song?"
  18. Katzi428 Well-Known Member

I was kidding!:rolleyes:
  19. Hubert Well-Known Member

So was I. :p
  20. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

In Follow That Bird, we know Big Bird listens to adults when it comes to jumping out of trucks. Gordon obviosuly told him that before, but why didn't anyone tell him about strangers? Since, if Big Bird knew not to take rides from strangers he wouldn't have ended up blue!