Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now we can't remove videos from our "Watch Later" playlist...

I don't use it anyway, but I accidentally hit the "Watch Later" button on the player on one video, now I can't get it to go away.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
... watch it maybe? :smirk:

seems odd that you wouldnt be able to remove it

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
*facepalm* wow, I can't believe they would be that dumb to not allow you to remove it

actually...I can :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, I figured out what the issue is regarding the "Watch Later" playlist, and why you can't remove the videos from it... the videos won't permanently be removed unless you click "Save" at the top of the screen after you remove the videos... which is pretty dumb, because you don't have to do that with all other playlists, including uploads and favorites...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, here's something weird that just happened to me today...

So, apparently a compilation video I did like a hundred years ago got a copyright strike from FOX today... HOWEVER, here's what's weird: the video has NOT been removed, but rather, blocked in certain countries... doesn't that fall under "Matched Third Party Content", rather than warranting a copyright strike?

Even weirder, this would make my second copyright strike, which means one more, and I'd be banned, right? Apparently not, because it looks like the copyright strike I got from Bagdasarian Productions last year has been lifted or something, because it's no longer listed on my account settings.

I'm so confused... I won't know whether if I get another strike if it'll be my last, or be another new second strike, I don't know.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
it seems like youtube is taking it easy on some people and instead of just outright strikes if you acknowledge the work is someone elses they dont ban...now instead of banning you for having a copyright strike they will just put adds next to or on your videos.but i know some people who havent listened and upload full movies claiming its theres

i remember a while back FOX tried stopping me because they claimed my indie movie trailer copied their American Dad....when i filmed mine years before American dad even hit the airwaves

....that said i HATE the new homepage ive been waiting for it to change everyday

D'Snowth

Reaction score
i remember a while back FOX tried stopping me because they claimed my indie movie trailer copied their American Dad....when i filemd mine years before American dad even hit the airwaves
Dude, are you serious? That's really messed up man!

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Dude, are you serious? That's really messed up man!
yea i was mad...and i tried to fight it my own way...lucky i sorta had the school back me up as a school project...so i sorta won...sorta

i mean here it is its very generic i dont understand how this simple idea all of a sudden belongs to fox and no one every had it before...i mean even look at me in the video...IM A KID! almost baby faced....ok rant over

Drtooth

Reaction score
it seems like youtube is taking it easy on some people and instead of just outright strikes if you acknowledge the work is someone elses they dont ban...now instead of banning you for having a copyright strike they will just put adds next to or on your videos.but i know some people who havent listened and upload full movies claiming its theres
It depends on the company. Like I said, there's ALWAYS the option to co-sponser the thing, add an advertisement and say "contains content from." I've never gotten an actual strike, but a LOT of contains content from co-sponsers. I'm really greatful to how much of a sense of humor Classic Media has. Though I keep getting twentieth party claims by places like "The Orchard" which... who the heck has every heard of that crap?