Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, now I'm on the verge of being banned from YouTube, because I got yet another copyright strike, this time from Disney for posting Grover's appearance on Jimmy Kimmel, which was the very first video I ever uploaded, like, five years ago maybe...

At first, I felt this was a false claim, but then I remembered that Jimmy Kimmel is on ABC, which is owned by Disney, so yeah... I had to sit through that Happy Tree Friends instructional video about copyright infringement and take that test again to get back into my account, which apparently says that this is my new strike one, but, when I first tried to log back on, I got an error message telling me about the copyright claim, and that if this happened again, my account would be suspended, and all my videos would be deleted.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They must have a serious bug/glitch going around right now, because it's like a number of comments I post end up disappearing.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
They must have a serious bug/glitch going around right now, because it's like a number of comments I post end up disappearing.
That's happened to me before. A couple of years ago I found that all comments I posted, even on my own videos, had disapeared, and all video responses I posted, even video responses to my own videos, had disapeared. I didn't get any notifications or warnings or anything.

One thing I find interesting is how years ago Viacom had a battle with YouTube, removing anything from it owned, as well as clips it didn't own but contained its station logos. And then Viacom lost and now apparently users can freely upload anything from Viacoms channels. But then other companies can enforce copyright claims, some get videos removed because the companies have/had video and/ or audio rights, and in some cases people can upload certain things by flipping the image. What's going on here?

Drtooth

Reaction score
One thing I find interesting is how years ago Viacom had a battle with YouTube, removing anything from it owned, as well as clips it didn't own but contained its station logos. And then Viacom lost and now apparently users can freely upload anything from Viacoms channels. But then other companies can enforce copyright claims, some get videos removed because the companies have/had video and/ or audio rights, and in some cases people can upload certain things by flipping the image. What's going on here?
Viacom's biding it's time is all.

But I HATE when someone has obscure rights because they released it in another country on an out of print DVD or aired it on the network sometime in the 90's. It's all about not losing money they think they're entitled to.

Like I said, Classic Media is a mensch. They let the videos up and just put a disclaimer. Worst case scenario, they put commercials before something.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well for once they now have an interesting new feature: similar to rapid play on DVD players, being able to play videos at a faster or slower speed without also making the audio sound like chipmunks or stoners.

Probably won't last long though, like that "pop out" player featured we used to have... THAT was a USEFUL feature, and it didn't last long at all.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And now for some reason I'm locked out of uploading videos because of "security errors"... :rolleyes:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now comments are like IMing: you can't break up your paragraphs anymore, once you hit enter, that submits your comments now.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Too. Many. Ads. Period.

Not sure if it's just me, but recently I've had trouble viewing almost EVERY video I wanted to watch. And it's always due to those useless ads on the sides of the screen popping up out of nowhere, causing glitches in the videos.