Now what's going on with YouTube?

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
yea i never got a strike either....atleast none that i know of on my ScrapsTV PAGE....annoying commenters yes strikes no

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Like I said, I had originally gotten a strike from Bagdasarian Productions last summer for posting a Chipettes song, and the video had been completely removed due to copyright infringement... that was my strike number one.

Then yesterday, I got a copyright strike from FOX for a "best of" compilation video I did of Radar O'Reilly that I did back in 2008, but apparently the video is just matched third party content.

The Bagdasarian strike is gone apparently, but I'm confused about this FOX strike, because since when does matched third party content/video blocked in certain countries warrant a full-on strike?

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Bagdasarian strike is gone apparently, but I'm confused about this FOX strike, because since when does matched third party content/video blocked in certain countries warrant a full-on strike?
I wouldn't know exactly about that. I know accounts that had multiple blocked videos that managed to stay up for a while.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now I'm even more confused... apparently it's not actual copyright strikes that can get you into trouble anymore, it's the matched third party content/blocked in certain countries that gets you in trouble... I was checking my account settings (and now, YT changed THAT as well), and as far as strikes go, it says my account is in good standing, but as far as ID claims go, apparently my account is not in good standing, and I've got TONS of vids like that, including a bunch of SST videos that SW usually doesn't have problems with (however, I almost got in trouble with Lionsgate today for uploading an old SST episode).

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I have a video from a game that pretty much no one cares about saying I have matched third party content but I don't have any strikes. I would have expected it from the two Simpsons gameplay videos I have up :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Please tell me I'm not the only one who, for the past three days or so, has been having minor problems with watching videos, including lagging in buffering, occasionally not being able to buffer HD videos, or this weird pop and squeak sound when skipping ahead or back in the time line.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now I'm even more confused... apparently it's not actual copyright strikes that can get you into trouble anymore, it's the matched third party content/blocked in certain countries that gets you in trouble... I was checking my account settings (and now, YT changed THAT as well), and as far as strikes go, it says my account is in good standing, but as far as ID claims go, apparently my account is not in good standing, and I've got TONS of vids like that, including a bunch of SST videos that SW usually doesn't have problems with (however, I almost got in trouble with Lionsgate today for uploading an old SST episode).
Third parties are terrible. Sure, you could get someone that actually owns something, or you can get in trouble with someone who at one point had the distribution rights to some obscure VHS release or some odd foreign channel that once aired a show and stopped decades ago. That's complete bull. Copyright ownership problems I understand... but someone who one released the VHS in a regional part of a former Eastern Bloc country can claim ownership.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
IS anyone else having difficulties waiting for videos to load and buffer?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Seems like uploads are suddenly taking much longer than they used to as well... even on my old computer, uploading a video that was large in file size might have taken at least twice as long for it to upload as the actual video is (like somewhere around six minutes to upload a three-minute video that's saved as a large file size), but like now, it seems no matter how long or short the video is, or how large or small the file size is, that it takes up to a half hour or even longer for it to upload, and almost five minutes for it to process. And THIS is on my NEW computer.