"Muppet, Music & Magic" Events

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I believe someone said a while ago that the special guests would be posted up on July 1st. It doesn't say that on the website, and there aren't any special guests up (to be fair, it's pretty early in the day).

Either way, I think I'll make a call a little later today to see if they've solidified any guests yet.
Before they posted up the schedule they have now, they had a blurb on there that said guests would be announced July 1st. I'm just reiterating what I read. I don't have any further "inside" info other than what's been posted on the website so far and you're right as of right now, nothing's been posted...

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I'm not sure, I don't think they've solidified the event quite yet.

Dad just called the Cinema Arts Centre, they have confirmed:
1. Dave Goelz
2. Carroll Spinney
3. Kevin Clash
4. Every surviving member of the Henson family

And they said that they will be putting up the guest speakers on: brownpapertickets.com if you type in "Cinema Arts Centre", and find each specific Muppet event, but none are listed.
WOW, Dave Goelz is making it to the East Coast. AWESOME. I will have to be at that event for sure! And I'd love to finally get a pic with Carroll Spinney!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I just spoke to the theater myself. The two things I was very happy with was they're "camera friendly", and they're working on trying to devise a weekend pass type of thing (which would be awesome so we could go to things as we please because the screenings add up individually!)

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
see from GW's blog...

** The Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco is set to run "Muppets, Music & Magic" screenings and events from June 21-July 1 with very special guest Dave Goelz. The Cinema Arts Centre in Huntington Long Island will be hosting the tour on August 10-12 with a huge slate of special guests. There are also plans for a smaller presentation at the George Eastman House in Rochester to follow. **

sorry gang, i DONT mean to sound like a pest, but im TRYING to find out a date when there in Rochester, ny! :frown: I plan to go (take the day off from work) and drive up there it ONLY be a 45min drive for me. :smirk:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So Caroll Spinney will be at one of these event? I hope somebody asks him about Shivers the Penguin, and some more information about Baby Monster, and also some questions about why he performed Lefty instead of Frank Oz in some skits, and how he was able to see when he was performing Bruno. I hope that I'm not putting questions into people's minds (or am I?), but if anybody does ask those questions, I hope that answers ar eposte dhere. I don't think any of these events will be held in my town.

And with Kevin Clash there, I hope somebody asks him questions about performing Buster the Horse (mainly how he got to perform the character at a time when he wasn't even a full-time performer), and about why Leon hasn't been used much since The Jim Henson Hour, and I hope that some people ask Clash and Spinney some questions about Follow That Bird. I will now take a pill that prevents me from making question suggestions for awhile.

But I have some advice for those wanting to ask questions. If I ever attend a fan convention or something like this, I would make a list of questions that I want to ask, and if anybody else asks any of the questions that I've planned to ask, I'd cross off the questions. That would make it easier to narrow down what to ask.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I have no idea about the one in Rochester, but it sounds like it's set in stone. Does the venue have a phone number?

And thanks for the tip minor muppetz. :smile:

Also I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but if you pay an extra hundred, you can go to a reception with some or all of the special guests from the Muppet event, and maybe get to meet them one on one.

beaker

Reaction score
I'm not sure, I don't think they've solidified the event quite yet.

Dad just called the Cinema Arts Centre, they have confirmed:
1. Dave Goelz
2. Carroll Spinney
3. Kevin Clash
4. Every surviving member of the Henson family

And they said that they will be putting up the guest speakers on: brownpapertickets.com if you type in "Cinema Arts Centre", and find each specific Muppet event, but none are listed.
Whoah, it's like a Muppetfestish event. This is freaking RAD.
I hope everyone who lives within a few hundred miles or more who wants to go can make it!

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
cinemaartscentre.com listed that Special Guests include Heather Henson, Fran Brill, Dave Goelz, Carroll Spinney, Kevin Clash, Every surviving member of the Henson family, and more! Dog City & Storyteller has the Guest Speaker: Fran Brill, Muppeteer, and Zoe is the guest for Elmo in grouchland. Besides that its still to be anounced. This is so cool. Enjoy.

matleo

Reaction score
I see Heather and Fran listed but I don't see anything about Kevin, Carroll, or Dave. Where did you see that?

--Matleo

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I think she's going by what they say when you call them.

I don't see why they're not listing those three on the site when the phone number specifically listed them. I also don't know why the phone number did not list Fran Brill. Perhaps they're keeping it to themselves until the regular tickets go on sale. :confused: