Magazine Photos

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
I just tried photobucket and was surprised that they have a file size limit on each picture, 512KB if I remember correctly. Also they automatically resized my large pictures which lost the details of a large 1280 x 1024 picture.

But it's a good site for medium size pictures though.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Its really starting to annoy me with this world and copyrights and stuff. I know its bad for actual pirates to copy movies, and music etc and I do not condone that but its just going to turn into a world where we are ruled by the big companies, telling us what we do. There will be no pictures on the internet, no video, music, it will just be no fun at all. Even when legitimate users pay for music and video online they are limited to what they can do with it through digital rights management etc. and posting a few pictures from some old magazines, how is that harming anyone, noone is losing or making money from them.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder said:
Its really starting to annoy me with this world and copyrights and stuff. I know its bad for actual pirates to copy movies, and music etc and I do not condone that but its just going to turn into a world where we are ruled by the big companies, telling us what we do. There will be no pictures on the internet, no video, music, it will just be no fun at all. Even when legitimate users pay for music and video online they are limited to what they can do with it through digital rights management etc. and posting a few pictures from some old magazines, how is that harming anyone, noone is losing or making money from them.
I agree 100%. When someone "shares" something with someone else (be it pictures or mp3's for example) and there is no profit involved then the courts should mind their own business.

Last year I read how in Canada a judge ruled that file sharing was perfectly legal. The article described how the judge felt about file sharing. He said file sharing was like going to the library and making a copy of a page in a book on the library's copy machine. It's a practice that has been done for years and no publisher ever raised a stink about that.

Also artist need publicity and most might say publicly that sharing mp3's might hurt them financially, but they know privately that they want their music files to be shared to get their music out among the masses for they can be heard.

The late actor Lawrence Olivier was once approached by a reporter and was told that another newspaper had written a bad arcticle about him, Olivier supposedly responded with a quote like; "Better to have bad press than no press at all."

What I mean by that is that even actors know that they need their pictures (yes even copyrighted pictures) out on the web to continue to have a fan base.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
exactly. I didnt intend to turn this thread into a rant about copyrights and piracy. As an example, I dont think Jim Henson would have created the muppets and the muppet movies with a profit in mind, he would have done it to make people happy, so does it matter if a profit isnt made for some pictures of the muppets or other stuff.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Copyright or not, this is my beef about all the folks who keep fussing about it. I appreciate the worth of a copyright, but I have people who watch my back and if someone ever tries to take something of mine to turn a profit, then I've got other people on hand to deal with that situation.

And I'm a poor, southern, individual dude.

Now, there are people who are with MAJOR corporations out there!!

Everyone knows already that it is proven that folks within the companies of Disney/MHC, JHC, and SW are in these forums and look at everything constantly. That's no secret.

If either of those companies were truly worried about anything that goes on here at MC then folks would have been notified by now.

More than anything, MC is a FAN RUN WEBSITE AND FORUM! It's nothing to do with either of the prior companies listed. Photos of copyrighted characters appear on the website everywhere, folks are downloading photos from the official websites to their computers and using them for avatars...it's the same thing!

I think people learn a little about something and fall apart about it.

Personally, if someone wanted to post photos of me and Muley anywhere on the web with a link back to us, and it was done in good taste and not discriminatory or desecrating I will let them because, as with these corporations, it's free publicity and advertising!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
Well, if you didn't see them, I could always email them to you, just PM me your email address if you wish.
PM sent, thanks!

:smile:
Anthony