Magazine Photos

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Muppetsdownunder said:
Are you sure it was someone from here? it could have been someone from webshots couldnt it?
My site had been up for about three weeks, nobody from Webshots ever visited the site based on the counter on the site. Only two people had visited the site during those three weeks and those were people I gave my website address to. Since I publicly announced the site here yesterday at MC the counter went up considerably and was closed a few hours later from a complaint Webshots recieved. Yea it was from here.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
sorry to hear that. Well someone really has too much time on their hands and should get a life rather than reporting things like that.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
What!?!?! Who's the chowder-head who complained? That sucks! You did nothing wrong OverUnderAround and I'm sorry someone did that to you. What a chode, not you; the person who reported you :embarrassed:

Erine81981

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
I just emailed them to you, thanks for asking.
Thank you OUA. I liked them. I now I have a new Muppet Christmas picture I can use on this coming christmas. WOOOOOOOOO!!!

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Sharing copyrighted images

When I post picture from magazines or something that's copyrighted I use geocities, but the problum with that is that is shuts down the web site gets to maney hits, that's the only disadvantage though.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I use Photobucket.com. It can hold up to lots of pictures. It's a great place to keep pictures.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Unfortunately when it comes to copyright, I'm sure all sites have their policies against posting copyrighted photos, it's just rare that someone would actually report someone of copyright violation.

So be it geocities or photobucket, etc., if someone accuses you to the webmaster, they'll shut you down unfortunately.

You might find it interesting to know that if you have pictures of people that you have met on your website, you are suppose to get those people to sign a 'Release Form' allowing you to post a picture of them. That's part of the legal mumbo-jumbo of the Internet. But it's rare any one goes through that bother.

There would be no fan based websites if every fan was accused of copyright violation for posting pictures on whatever they are a fan of, be it the Muppets, Jennifer Love Hewitt or Monster Trucks, etc.