Let's make a deal....

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Well, I dont have a tremendous amount of priase for Disney other than a few suprises(Fantasia 2000) and PIXAR.
And even the Disney/Pixar deal is endangered, according to a lot of recent news reports.

The mouse just can't play nice with others.

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Well, I guess this is old news now, but I wanted to throw my two cents in anyway. So, nah!

I have it from a reliable source that the sale WILL take place by the end of the year, if not sooner.

Now, I know everyone hates it when someone hops on internet message boards and throws around the term "reliable source." While I won't name names, I did have dinner with several Henson employees while I was in NYC this past Wednesday.

We discussed possible suitors breifly, and I wanted to get their reactions on the "front runners." Their personal preferences surprised me, but they gave up very little about specific details. And why should they, at this point?

But brace yourselves. It's coming.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>But brace yourselves. It's coming<<<

Like Ive been syaing for months now...Muppet fans, prepare to see the schtick hit the fan one of these days coming up(in regards to logging on and reading the big news of a sale and who bought it)

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
ElecMayhem,

Can we guess who the possible buyer is?

Is it's a major US studio?

Muppets1985

Reaction score
Disney? °o°

Originally posted by Bean Bunny
ElecMayhem,

Can we guess who the possible buyer is?

Is it's a major US studio?

I hope its....DISNEY!!!!! :big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
Nah we'll know ...... major Henson news always comes out on a Friday morning early european time.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
OK--I just went to the fair and this "Disney buying the Muppets" thing scares me worse than the upsidedown rides did. Can someone please affirm that even if the mouse takes the Frog, they'll still be known as "Jim Henson's Muppets"?

I really don't see how, after so much booing at Muppetfest, disney could still be offered the Muppets. It was great to see how many people have pulled the wool from over their eyes and see what a megalo-monster of a film company disney has come to be. I bet if poor Walt knew what they're doing these days what with two monotinous kiddie channels, a year devoted to sequels, and world wide industrial tourist trap parks, he'd be rolling over in his grave.

[Sorry, just had to vent :smile: ]

--"Scary" Larry Wolf

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarylarrywolf
Can someone please affirm that even if the mouse takes the Frog, they'll still be known as "Jim Henson's Muppets"?
It's highly unlikely the name would change but no, there is no absolute guarantee of that. Disney can do what they like if they get them. As for how Disney can be offered them seeing as so many Muppet fans boo and don't want it - simple - the Muppets are being sold to the highest bidder. If Bin Laden wants them for informercials and got his wallet out they probably wouldn't say no !

danielromens

Reaction score
so travis, this is just a guess, but I'm guessing you can't tell us any of the suitors or the reactions, huh?

sigh.

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Nope, sorry. I don't have any more information to give, nor would I if I did. It would be a breach of confidence. I sort of feel like I should not have posted anything at all -- especially since I have no real "new" information. But I wasn't really telling you anything that you didn't already know. Just sort of reaffirming it.

Anyway, the general feeling that I got was that everything with the company is going to be just fine. They know that there is a change is coming, and they are preparing for whatever transition period comes with it... And then it's back to focusing on Muppetf-fun!!