Let's make a deal....

danielromens

Reaction score
Since there haven't been any updates for a while, does anybody have the slightest idea what's going on with EM.Tv? Any news or inclinations on who's, what's, or when's this sale will go down?

Just curious. And please god, let's not turn this into another to Diz or not to Diz debate. I think we've muddled all there is to muddle on that topic.

beaker

Reaction score
To be perfectly honest, I believe it may come down to a case of...well one day, we all turn on the computer, logon as usual, and find the felt has hit the fan in regards to a sale. It could be one of many scenarios debated about on here...but it seems these things, like a suddenn buyout is not gradual, but something ya wake up to in shock, disbelief, or joy.

solo409

Reaction score
Oh-oh-oh! THAAAAAT sale.....gotcha!:stick_out_tongue:
---Nate

Bleu....

Luke

Reaction score
There has been stuff going on in the sale - a lot more than people would like you to believe. The current rumor is that the Henson Company is bracing themselves for a November sale but thats far from definite.

danielromens

Reaction score
Man this whole thing has me all a tingle. not in a good way though, more like when you have to go to the bathroom really bad in a mall you've never been to. You know the feeling, a race against time. I remember when they first sold the muppets to germans, things looked promising enough, then wham!!! they screwed us like a well...for a family forum...a screw I guess. Lame yes, but user friendly. I really do hope it happens soon though, and not in chunks, for the company to keep it's full punch the creature shop and Kermit must go together. The loss of Bert and Ernie was sad enough, though I'm glad it was the workshop that got them and not someone else. Plus with the recent Farscape debacle I shudder to think about howelse EM.TV can botch things up. Morons.

solo409

Reaction score
Being rather new to the whole muppet company/buisnes side of the deal, I'm a little confused. Are Bert & Ernie not owned anylonger by the Henson company? :confused: :confused: What exactly is the history of the whole "Muppets for Sale" thing? I know it can be a rather long explanation, so If it is going to be a pain to describe, thats ok, don't bother.
I'm just out of the loop....:rolleyes:
---Nate

towels

Reaction score
The Henson company sold off the rights to the Sesame Street muppets to Sesame Workshop (formerly CTW). I think this is probably an okay thing, especially if someone buys Henson like Disney who could make things real difficult for the Sesame folks. Having them control their own muppets should ensure their presence on the street.

solo409

Reaction score
So does this mean that Henson now has no control/influence on Sesame Street other than the making of the actual puppets? Is Sesame Street now officialy a totally seperate entity from Henson?
Also to raise a whole new subject, why did Henson have to sell any of their stuff in the first place? Is there just bad managment now that Jim has died? I know that they are in trouble financialy, but I really don't know why....
---Nate

(yay! I'm officialy a full blown member! None of that 'junior' crap fo me....:big_grin:)