JHC planning Dark Crystal sequel

Should JHC make a sequel to the Dark Crystal?

• Yes, take advantage of the new technology

Votes: 43 65.2%
  • No, don't mess with the magic of the original

Votes: 23 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lowercasegods

Reaction score
To Movies205:

Okay, first off, I never "degraded" your love of puppetry. I never even suggested any feelings you may have regarding puppetry, so get down off your high horse before you fall and break your neck. Your accusation is baseless and invalid.

Secondly, the fanbase, or more specifically, the fans, have every right to voice their opinions, just like you do, so you may as well get over this gripe right now because it isn't going to change. People have opinions about things they love and they're going to voice them. If you don't want to hear it, ignore them. Simple as that.

And where do you get off accusing anyone of immaturity while in the same breath hurling some edited profanity at them? Way to be a hypocrite.

And lastly, I never accused you of being less of a fan, or questioned your fan standing at all, so don't waste my time trying to defend an insult that was never made.

When I first responded to this intial thread, I was simply voicing an opinion, not setting out to insult and do battle with anyone on these boards. But because you had a differing opinion, rather than just saying, "Well, this is how I feel..." you instead insult me by calling me small minded. Then, to make matters worse, when others voice their opinions you start insulting them as well (albeit using ****). Unless I'm mistaken, issuing insults to other posters is a sure fire way to get booted from this forum, and the administrator and moderators are pretty alert. So I suggest you lose your attitude, accept that everyone has opinions and learn to share yours without being hotheaded and insuling, or you'll likely have a short shelf life around here.

That Announcer

Reaction score
I happen to like opinionated people so long as they don't get rude. So Movies2005, I like you. As for a sequel to the Dark Crystal:

Have there ever been any successful Muppet sequels? (And by this, I mean 'continuation stories' and not 'GMC was the sequel of TMM'.)

DMETxix

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that Phloyd456, makes it more clear what this film is all about.

As I posted in the other DC2 thread here at MC, I'm skeptical when it comes to adding CG into a puppetry movie (especially when the original was famed for being 100% puppets, no live actors), CG-enhancing is fine, but complete CG-characters has rarely been done well enough to suit my own personal satisfaction.

That said, I'm excited to see the Dark Crystal saga is far from dead, the original is one of my favorite movies.

Movies205

Reaction score
thatannouncer said:
I happen to like opinionated people so long as they don't get rude. So Movies2005, I like you. As for a sequel to the Dark Crystal:

Have there ever been any successful Muppet sequels? (And by this, I mean 'continuation stories' and not 'GMC was the sequel of TMM'.)
Ha ain't this swell, I was expecting to be banned for inciting a riot instead I got a complement :smile: Though I just like to say if P I S S E D is profanity then wow.... Also I'm just merely debating as that I think that fans don't really ever have good ideas since usually most would love to stay set in the past and never move forward, no insult toward you but that just my opinion on it. As for getting banned I doubt it, you are close-minded you admitted it yourself. You won't accept any kind of sequel or use of cgi in connection to Dark Crystal.

I'm afraid I'm of a mind that dictates: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Dark Crystal was as perfect as it could get, and no sequel can top it, compare to it or even remotely improve upon it, especially not one that's going to allow CGI effects.
Is that not what you said? This is a forum, a forum is meant for debate of ideas, if you can't take a little heat because I got critical that isn't my problem. So you should be prepared to back up what you say because I am. Also when people start to degrade brian henson I'll get heated because I'm a fan of his work. Also if you notice I never directly insulted you or anyone else outside of calling you closed minded which you are by your own words, and I believe I might of called the other poster immature, if that's grounds for banning then I don't want to post here.

Johnboy

Reaction score
A dark Crystal sequel? ALLL RIGHT! I love that movie, i am sooo glad there is going to be a sequel with both CGI and animatronics! :smile:

I can't wait for it including a rumored animated series which would be cool! but maybe for the animated series they should have it Japanese animated by the director of "Ninja Scroll" or Katsuhiro Otomo creator of "Akira".

But is Mirrormask a sequel to Labyrinth of sorts?

Movies205

Reaction score
MirrorMask is inspired by the Labyrinth and doesn't use puppetry, it's all cgi and was made on a shoe string budget. Reason it's not a sequel is because there's some kind of rights issue that is stopping them from making a sequel.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Actually, I never liked Dark Crystal at all and so I have no opinion towards a sequel.

Movies205

Reaction score
I love Dark Crystal but I'm in the camp that believes it's not perfect, I've always found JHC to be a visionary but would of been more effective at times as a producer than a director since his lay-outs and such didn't always flow greatly but his visuals and ideas are leagues a head of anyone elses besides perhaps Terry Gilliam and what not.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Oh yeah, Henson was a genius. However, I am personally of the camp that prefers "Labyrinth" to "Dark Crystal" (I believe Danny Horn is in this camp as well.)

Movies205

Reaction score
Well I believe that Labyrinth had George Lucas in the producing spot and Henson learn from his mistakes on Dark Crystal because Dark Crystal problem lies within its pacing and pretty much directorial things, so I think a DC sequel could be awesome.