Getting To Know You...

Zondra

Reaction score
SarahFraggle said:
I'm glad to see that there are anime fans here I thought I'd be alone! :smirk:
Oh yeah, I love anime. My favorite has to be...uhh...hm...

Probably Tenchi Muyo or Love Hina. But they're almost the exact same storyline, so...yeah. ^-^;;

Klonoa

Reaction score
Zondra said:
Oh yeah, I love anime. My favorite has to be...uhh...hm...

Probably Tenchi Muyo or Love Hina. But they're almost the exact same storyline, so...yeah. ^-^;;
Exactly.

Actually most anime is kind of the same after a while.

My favorites? Eh...I dunno...

"I Wanna Be an Angel" maybe. Or Kirby. I like my new Gunbare Goemon DVDs (Legend of the Mystical Ninja). As long as it's silly I'll probably like it.

--Klonoa

Zondra

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
Exactly.

Actually most anime is kind of the same after a while.

My favorites? Eh...I dunno...

"I Wanna Be an Angel" maybe. Or Kirby. I like my new Gunbare Goemon DVDs (Legend of the Mystical Ninja). As long as it's silly I'll probably like it.

--Klonoa
Yeah, I've noticed that. That's why I haven't been keeping up with anime as much lately; you've seen one genre, you've seen them all.
Seen Sailor Moon? Then you've also seen CC Sakura, Magic knights Rayearth, etc.
Seen Tenchi Muyo? Then you've also seen Love Hina, etc.
Seen Inuyasha? Don't even bother watching Ranma, Rurouni Kenshin, etc.
And DBZ...don't get me started...
Seen Transformers? Then you've seen Gundam, Big O, etc.

Lol...I'm seriously overgeneralizing, they all have their quirks...but that's really the just of it.

Have you ever seen TokyoPig? lol...I wish that was still on...it was insane...About an hour of my average 5 hours a week TV watchage were devoted to that show... :big_grin:

Klonoa

Reaction score
Tokyo Pig was just a little bit TOO incomprehensible for me. (kinda like Excel Saga) Wonder whose idea it was to bring Pig to the US.

Funny thing about Gunbare Goemon is that it pretty much takes just about every anime stereotype and rolls it all into one show. It's almost a parody of anime. Just avoid it if you don't like silly kiddy stuff.

I hate Dragon Ball Z. 30 minutes of spiky haired guys grunting at each other. Ugh. I prefer the original Dragon Ball myself. At least stuff HAPPENS in that one. Toriyama can do better (like Chrono Trigger).

When I was writing for a major newspaper in Texas I was the designated Pokemon expert so I was pretty much paid to watch the show. I wrote a bunch of articles and made a lot of money. Currently I'm being forced to review the newest Yu-Gi-Oh game. I think some sympathy for me is in order, no? I can't stand that cartoon.

Stuff from Miyzuaki (sp) is usually pretty good. Track down Panda Go Panda if you want a good laugh. I also like that new Astro Boy cartoon they got on TV now.

--Klonoa
Of course I am a big Mega Man nut.

Beebers

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
Currently I'm being forced to review the newest Yu-Gi-Oh game. I think some sympathy for me is in order, no? I can't stand that cartoon.
:sympathy: :sympathy: :sympathy:

Zondra

Reaction score
SarahFraggle said:
I can't stand yugi-oh, drives me mad!!! :boo:
Ugh, I know! I mean, Pokemon was one thing; it was cute and fun and all in good intentions. But YuGiOh...it's evil, I swear!! I don't understand it at all and they try to make it all dark and serious, when it's just absolutely ridiculous. Stupid...

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
Yugi-Oh (or whatever it is) drives me bonkers, too...Pokemon bugged me too, but mainly just that Pickachu, yellow thing that they marketed into the ground...

beaker&bunsen

Reaction score
Me!

1) 22, My b-day is 19th November 1981
2) Hmm, there is too many to list, but here is a rundown: Pizzicato Five, Frank Sinatra, Jazz, Classical, House (Mark Farina, Jelo etc), Carl Cox, Progressive house, techno, Tom Waits, Tricky, Massive Attack
3) Again, there are too many to choose from: Whichever song I become addicted to every week, be it house to jazz
4) Baby Blue
5) Can't think of any, I used to play the violin... I give great massages
6) Sushi and Italian
7) The Prisoner and The Avengers for tv shows and movies: The Third Man, Touch of Evil, My Neighbour Totoro, Sunset Blvd, The Thin Man, White Heat, Dark Passage, Casablanca, Cat Returns, Pink Panther, The Party, Pickup on South Street and much, much more
8) I would be beaker because I make a great beaker impersonation and i have always related to beaker when he was being tested by Bunsen.
9) Hmm, I love to collect movie memoribilia, especially Jim Henson and Muppets. I enjoy doing puzzles and I have a sick satisfaction of doing housework and cooking.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
GonzoGirl said:
Pokemon bugged me too, but mainly just that Pickachu, yellow thing that they marketed into the ground...
Oh, but Pikachu's so cute... :halo:
Erin