Frute Brute and Yummy Mummy coming back

Drtooth

Reaction score
Frankenberry is one of the staple three. They always had that one around. It's pretty good, a second favorite of the main three for me. But I don't quite remember what Berry berry Kix used to taste like (only had it once, didn't quite like it) to compare either Frankenberry or Frute Brute to it.

Also love how it's called Frute Brute. Don't get why Yummy Mummy is technically Fruity Yummy Mummy, since Orange is the only fruit flavor that goes into it. That advertisement in the Duckula comic? Had pictures of Pineapples and grapes. Neither are present in the relaunch product. I just found out these cereals are actually slightly different from the original variety.

Now that I think of it, I wonder how Sir Grapefello tasted. I can't see that working out too well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Frankenberry is one of the staple three.
I know that, I just had never tried that one till now; I tried both Count Chocula and Boo Berry many, MANY years ago as a kid - I liked Boo Berry pretty well (have a box I'll be opening tomorrow since I've finished off both Frute Brute and Franken Berry), but Count Chocula I didn't care too much for, I found its flavor to be too overwhelmingly chocolatey for my taste (which is why I don't like any kind of chocolate milk other than Nesquik, there's simply TOO much chocolate flavor in all the rest).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Had my first bowl of Boo Berry since I was like nine or so today... doesn't seem to be quite as flavorful as I remember it being, but I'm sure it's probably gone through a number of changes over the years.

I think I can definitely say of the big three, Frankenberry is definitely my favorite.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Count Chocula I didn't care too much for, I found its flavor to be too overwhelmingly chocolatey for my taste (which is why I don't like any kind of chocolate milk other than Nesquik, there's simply TOO much chocolate flavor in all the rest).
Gimme a chocolate cereal, and I'll give you an empty box in a week. Of course, while I do like Cocoa Pebbles fine enough, a small box goes a LONG way.

But I've enjoyed all the Monster cereals so far, but Boo Berry is the one I can give or take. It's good, but Frankenberry's flavor is much more pronounced.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I like chocolate cereals fine, it's just Count Chocula is TOO chocolatey for me; I like Cocoa Puffs, Cocoa Krispies, Cocoa Pebbles and such, but Chocula is too much for me. Y'know, I like pizza, but it's difficult to eat if it has TOO much tomato sauce on it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ya know, you've got Count Chocula, and you've got Franken Berry... it seems to me there should be a cereal for the third common flavor for various different forms of treats: vanilla. The problem is thinking of a logical mascot for it... they can't use a ghost, since that's already Boo Berry... and the Yeti wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, it'd give the cereal too much of a Christmas vibe.

Or, maybe a cinnamon flavored cereal since cinnamon's popular these days (with people who want to do damage to their lungs), and maybe a zombie mascot?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I said that exact thing last page.

Then of course, there's Robot Chicken and the Creature with the Black Macaroons.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I brought up that Robot Chicken sketch along with a bunch of other monster cereal suggestions including the Vanillaminable. Snowman or the Vanilla Reaper.

Maybe it could be switched up... A vanilla cereal with a zombie mascot and a cartoonish devil for the cinnamon one?
Then again, how about Lord Zombanana? :batty:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Meh, to me the best are the original oat Cheerios, with whatever fruit my dad would add to it like raisins or sliced bananas or strawberries or peaches one special occasion.

Also... Given that we have the main monsters with the five existing cereals... Maybe vanilla should be the flavor for a Phantom of the Opera character instead? Like make the vanilla flavorized pieces shaped like the Phantom's mask. Now what name could it have?