Frute Brute and Yummy Mummy coming back

Drtooth

Reaction score
Vanillaminable Snowman. Someone give this guy a raise.
:batty: Vhat about The Phantom of the Peppermintera?
Now with white mint phantom masks!
Mint cereal would be awful. We have to draw the line somewhere.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Now, if there's once cereal from the past I'd love to see come back... there's this one that had bits of freeze dried ice cream in it. That'll drive parental groups nuts.
Are you thinking of Ice Cream Cones cereal?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
One cereal I wish they'd bring back, especially being Muppet-related, would be Swedish Chef's Croonchy Stars. Supposedly tasted like Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I remember around 1988/89 seeing the commercials for it, looked promising, but never got a chance to taste it. Croonchy Stars had an all-too-brief shelf life. By the time Jim died, Stars was no longer on the shelves.
With next year's Muppet movie coming up, it would be great if one of the cereal companies got on the stick and came up with a promising tie-in. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Drtooth

Reaction score
One cereal I wish they'd bring back, especially being Muppet-related, would be Swedish Chef's Croonchy Stars. Supposedly tasted like Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I remember around 1988/89 seeing the commercials for it, looked promising, but never got a chance to taste it. Croonchy Stars had an all-too-brief shelf life. By the time Jim died, Stars was no longer on the shelves.
With next year's Muppet movie coming up, it would be great if one of the cereal companies got on the stick and came up with a promising tie-in. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.
Sounds more interesting than some of the promotional cereals they've had recently. Cars 2 cereal? Kelloggs doing frosted Cheerios with Red and white O's... Monsters University? Kelloggs doing Lucky Charms with Mike shaped Marshmallows. Turbo? Post took orange and blue Pebbles and threw generic round marshmallows on it.

Then there was Barney Rubble Pebbles... that was... interesting? It was like Butterscotch flavored pebbles with said round marshmallows in it.

Now the Carmel Apple flavored bone shaped Flintstones cereal from 2 years ago... THAT was awesome.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, so the Phantom of the Peppermintera idea didn't go over well.
:batty: It's not as bad as others over the years.
Yeah... There was Foot Loops.
Toecan Sam: Follow your toes!
And the disastrous Yucky Germs.
Yucky the Leprechaun: They're tragically infectious!

What we need is a flavor that people will associate with the color white and we can play off in a punning manner with the monster's name for branding sake.
:batty: Vait, I've got it! What if we make a variant of Sugar Corn Pops but with sweetened white corn puffs, then add chocolate dust over the pieces.
You mean...
:batty: The Phantom of the Popracorn.
What about the phantom masks?
:batty: I vas thinking those could be dark chocolate maltballs split into halved cores with white chocolate skull-faced coatings, but you might want to save those for the Jack Skellington cereal with autumn leaves oaten bran flakes.

Good thinking. *Calls Ms. LaGhastly to send Drtooth the idea.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Supposedly Franken Berry cereal turns your poop pink if you eat enough of it. :big_grin:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, my poop's been brown, black, red, green, orange, and yellow, so pink would certainly be something new.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Oh...YES.

I absolutely loved this stuff when it was available...and not just because it was Muppet related cereal. It was like Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but even cinnamonnier, sugarier, and tasted the best on Saturday mornings when the best cartoons were on. Bugs Bunny, Garfield and Friends, Pee-Wee's Playhouse and Croonchy Stars...now that was how to spend a Saturday morning.

When Croonchy Stars left the shelves, all I could do was glumly look at the space where it was in the cereal aisle...now filled with boxes of stuff that might as well have had "Nasty Fiber Gravel Crunch" printed on the box.

If Croonchy Stars returns...that would be incredibly wonderful. I'd buy it!