Frute Brute and Yummy Mummy coming back

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now that's news I like to hear!

I mean, I never actually got to have either cereal (I've had the other three Monster Cereals and absolutely HATE that they only have them for Halloween, especially Chocula), but it's certainly welcome to see a rise in fun cereals. I mean, even when they have tie-in cereals, they're bland and uninteresting. I saw a Turbo cereal, and it's basically Fruity Pebbles with generic round marshmallows. Plus, anyone under 40 finally gets to eat the cereal they pull a gun out of from pulp Fiction. Awesome.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Count Chocula didn't really appeal to me very much, it was like overly chocolatey Lucky Charms... Boo Berry was pretty good though, and I didn't give Frankenberry a try, though it was usually more obscure than the other two, or at least, they didn't usually put them on the shelves where I live at Halloween.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
We're lucky enough to have the 3 Monster cereals around here year-round (thanks to Target for making shelf space for them). Chocula was always my fave. I tried Frankenberry a few years ago for the first time since... Carter was president, tasted kinda toxic. When you open the box, the strawberry smell alone can give you a contact high.

Frute Brute, when it first came out around 1975, was viciously nasty. Orange and lime green marshmallows and oat formations. I hope it agrees with you better than it did with me.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Who the heck is Fruit Brute? I thought it was "Fruity Yummy Mummy".

Orange and lime marshmallows? Sounds like they made a cereal for the University of Miami, or DC's Aquaman.

Spooking of which... Any chance they'd make Creature with the Black Macaroon a real cereal?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Who the heck is Fruit Brute? I thought it was "Fruity Yummy Mummy".
Dude's a werewolf. All I know about the cereal is that they pull a gun out of the box in pulp fiction. That and it was before a good amount of our member's time. It ended its run in 1982.

Now, if there's once cereal from the past I'd love to see come back... there's this one that had bits of freeze dried ice cream in it. That'll drive parental groups nuts.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh, it'll drive parental groups nuts... Only if it has nuts in it as well, if you've seen this standard infomertial commercial promoting ice cream makers lately on CN—which airs in the AM hours.

Fruit Brute's a werewolf? Huh, and here I thought there wasn't one in the breakfast cereal monsters group. Which explains why I thought of Cherry Wolf along with a few others like Orangemodo, The Grape Reaper, and Dr. Lemon & Mr. Lime as additions to the troop. So the basic frightful five's represented in cereal form, okay, thanks.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There was something without marshmallows I've heard of. Not really monsters, but they're like The Orange Barron and Sir Grapefellow or something. Rival WW I era pilots. They didn't last too long.

Now that I think about it, I'm surprised they didn't get in a The Vanillabominable Snowman at some point.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Vanillaminable Snowman. Someone give this guy a raise.
:batty: Vhat about The Phantom of the Peppermintera?
Now with white mint phantom masks!