Fraggle Action Figures WERE possible...

WiGgY

Reaction score
I remember the size of the fraggles in relation to the gorgs changed. I believe the intention was to have each creature be knee high to the one above it.

beaker

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Over at Palisades, Ken said he actually had a Gobo prototype figure, but demand was low so the line ended up a no go.
who knows *how* many in house prototypes, 'just for fun or dream sake' have been made at Palisades. Anyone care to guess?

Why can't Palisades do the Muppet Mini treatment with Fraggle Rock?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It all still falls under the cost of license rights, including the fact that retail just didn't want to buy. Apparently, retail businesses don't realize how badly the fans want these items, but then again sales for The Muppets haven't been what they should have been either. Too many folks weren't supporting the line as well as would have been expected, and so the retail orders have faltered, and this might also be another reason they didn't want the Fraggles in store.

homerthegreat

Reaction score
I don't think the retailers realize how much the fans want MUPPETS figures...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
There already ARE Muppets figures. visit www.palisadestoys.com.

But they DID realize how much we wanted Muppets figures, and Palisades has been making them since 2002; unfortunately, the sales of the product haven't been as high as hoped and there's been a steady decline. 2005 sees the end of the license agreement Palisades had with The Muppets, and possibly the end of that line unless PEOPLE BUY THE FIGURES!! I keep pushing for folks to buy the figures, and I've bought every single one that I could get my hand on, or order from Palisades Direct or the Collectors Club, to support the line. Go BUY the figures and they'll keep making them.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good thoughts Kev, but as long as we keep buying the products then Palisades will keep making them and hopefully the line will continue. I've chiefly bought one figure each for my collection, and I've got a pretty decent collection including regular lineups, Mini Muppets, regular exclusives and industry exclusives, though not a 100% complete collection by any means.
Sure I've bought extras for customs, but that's altogether a separate issue.
Anyway, keep buying and they'll keep making the figures.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, before I forget, here's a hastily thrown together S1 lineup I'd like to see.

S1 Lineup.
Gobo Fraggle: Comes with guitar, pack-in Ditzy, sliding greaseberry leaf, and postcard from Uncle Matt.
Uncle "Travelling" Matt Fraggle: Comes with magnetic pit helmet, explorer's map of Outer Space, stone Doozer statue, knapsack, and Fraggle History book.
Sprocket: Comes with basket-bed, wastebasket, and pack of wrapped postcards from Uncle Matt.
Cantus the Minstrel: Comes with magic saxophone pipe, glowing rocks, and pack-in figure of Wrench Doozer with Doozer-stick tower.

Exclusive: Retro Gobo Fraggle: This one has the closed jacket and wilder hairdo he had during the first season.
Comes with pack-in Ditzy wearing a darker cloth, tan guitar, icy greaseberry leaf, and postcard of Uncle Matt on vacation.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Foodie

Reaction score
The Count said:
Oh yeah, before I forget, here's a hastily thrown together S1 lineup I'd like to see.

S1 Lineup.
Gobo Fraggle: Comes with guitar, pack-in Ditzy, sliding greaseberry leaf, and postcard from Uncle Matt.
Uncle "Travelling" Matt Fraggle: Comes with magnetic pit helmet, explorer's map of Outer Space, stone Doozer statue, knapsack, and Fraggle History book.
Sprocket: Comes with basket-bed, wastebasket, and pack of wrapped postcards from Uncle Matt.
Cantus the Minstrel: Comes with magic saxophone pipe, glowing rocks, and pack-in figure of Wrench Doozer with Doozer-stick tower.

Exclusive: Retro Gobo Fraggle: This one has the closed jacket and wilder hairdo he had during the first season.
Comes with pack-in Ditzy wearing a darker cloth, tan guitar, icy greaseberry leaf, and postcard of Uncle Matt on vacation.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Wow. That'd rock. Your list mirrors mine. I wonder if Palisades is in a position to reconsider Fraggle figures now. Is there anyway to ask them? :smirk:

Nick

WiGgY

Reaction score
Palisades has always considered Fraggles and thgey keep taking the idea to retailers and the retailers keep turning them down. Don't talk to Palisades, talk to you local toy retailer.