Fraggle Action Figures WERE possible...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Over at Palisades, Ken said he actually had a Gobo prototype figure, but demand was low so the line ended up a no go. I had asked if he, when the entirety of the Muppets line was over, would show us some "what could have been"s as far as Muppets merchandise is concerned and he said sure.

Wonder if we'll get to see the Gobo action figure then?

Sure is a shame we won't see these made.

What's your take on all this?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oooh! Oww! ACK!!! I was wondering what old wound that was. Thanks for opening it up so I could remember, Foz.... :stick_out_tongue: (just kiddin')

It is sad, though I don't see why they can't market it like the Ren and Stimpy or Fairly Oddparents line, via comic stores and web sites. Heck. Past series 10 (if it's inclusive or not) you'll have to order Muppet action figures off-a web sites. I'm sure these could be made if they tried hard enough (emphisis on the theoretic title of "Could"), but I'm not holding my breath... though I'm courious as to how they'd've made Doozers and Gorgs in scale....

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, I think it's like this: Fraggles, maybe 5 or 6" in height for Gobo, would come with a backpack, map, PVC Doozer(s) and something else. Then, at that height, the Gorgs would be in cheated scale--IF they maybe would come with something like small, in-scale PVC Fraggles.

I hate knowing that one day I won't be able to be nitpicky with my Muppets figures when I go to buy them. :frown:

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
I asked Ken if the Fraggle line is still a possability and he said his famous "AIP" but if you look back at it almost every time he said "AIP" it has been made! My opiniun is that, I think that Fraggle Rock would do better at retail than Ren and Stimpy and Pink Panther! They could also sell them at hot topic! The Fraggle Plushes are flying off the shelves!
Ty

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Yeah. I think the lack of Fraggle Merchandise is what will make it a popular product, especially well-made Palisades action figures.

That company, and the attention they give to the details and their customers, is so amazing to me!

But, yeah, they could really market the heck out of the figures, especially since there are DVDs on the way!! One thing is that there is nothing happening in the Muppet World right now EXCEPT for the action figures. Can't you just imagine the liklihood of sales had there been a new Muppets movie, or TV show??

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
I think it would be so cool if they made a playset of the Gorgs castle!!

Or if they made a Trash Heap playset!!!

That would be great!

didymus

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Trash Heap could be on a base with poseable (though tiny) Philo and Gunge, and the Heap herself could be printed on cloth so when you shift a lever in the back, she rises from below, or sinks into herself.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Retailer interest bites though. They don't want them. Stupid retailers.

The Gorgs would HAVE to be cheated. An inscale Gorg would be bigger than a person. The little fraggles they used with the Gorg suits on the show are actually smaller then an action figure. I would like to see Gorgs with tiny little Fraggle PVCs though, but even that couldn't be exactly in scale because of the size of the gorgs.

As for scale with the muppet figures, I would think they would all be about the same size as Kermit. A Fraggle is knee high to a human and KErmit is about knee high to a human. Fraggles might be a bit bigger, or at least wider and thicker.

Dozers would probably be Polly sized. Polly the Lobster that is. He is the smallest muppet figure to date.

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I think that I would want the Fraggle figures to be in between the height of Rizzo and Pepe, with the Doozers as PVC's about the height of the Muppet Veggies. Sprocket I would like to see as Kermit's height, the trash heap about Scooter's height, Philo and Gunge about the size of the lobster banditos, and the Gorgs about Sweetums height with PVC fraggles (one of each of the main Fraggles)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Got a few thoughts on this. Stood my S1 Kermit next to my S5 Gonzo next to my S4 Rizzo, and here's what I think.
Gobo and Red about the same height of Kermit, especially since that's what Ken said of the Gobo prototype painted sculpt he has in the office.
Mokey, slightly higher/taller than Kermit.
Wembley and Boober: Boober with magnetic lucky hat slightly taller than Rizzo, and Wembley slightly taller so as to reach the same height as the arc of Gonzo's nose. Or Boober would be just as high as the tip of Gonzo's arching nose, and Wembley would be just as high as the point where Gonzo's nose is placed or where it starts coming out of his face.
Cantus could be as high as Piggy, and the Doozers could be articulated PVC figurines.
The Gorgs could all be cheated to be either the same height as Sweetums or slightly taller or shorter depending on the character.
Sprocket would have to be as tall as Swedish Chef with his hat on and laterally wide, probably placed with his feet up or down in the plastic bubble.
Philo and Gunge could be the length of the Lobster Bandidos, and then the Trash Heap could be fully-formed or emerged from the ground base she'd come with. The Trash Heap would probably end up one of the bigger figures, on a par with Dr. Phil van Neuter from S8 and/or Bobo the Bear Guard when/if he gets made.
Hope this helps and have a good day.