Fraggle Action Figures WERE possible...

Foodie

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Palisades has always considered Fraggles and thgey keep taking the idea to retailers and the retailers keep turning them down. Don't talk to Palisades, talk to you local toy retailer.

Heh heh, somehow I think I'd just get strange looks. As long as Palisades is still trying though. That's mainly all I'm wondering.
:smirk:

Nick

WiGgY

Reaction score
Well they can't do anything if the retailers don't know anything about the interest in the line.

What I don't get is that even when the muppet line was some what of a success, retailers STILL didn't want Fraggles. That's so odd.

BTW< anyone who is in the Palisades Collector's Club should check out Quinn's Custom Corner section. There is a fan-freaking-tastic Boober custom in there! It's down right amazing! I'd buy that in a heart beat!

beaker

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Palisades has always considered Fraggles and thgey keep taking the idea to retailers and the retailers keep turning them down. Don't talk to Palisades, talk to you local toy retailer.
Theyd be on the discount rack in one month for 50% off, I guarantee. Thats what happens to all Muppet merch. Why don't they make less quantities?
Im all for gobs and gobs of Muppet/Sesame/FR stuff, but if a company feels they are losing money it is because they need to realize Muppet fans are kind of underground and not as many as they think.

I hope we see more FR merch coming to Hot Topic and SunCoast.

WiGgY

Reaction score
beaker said:
Theyd be on the discount rack in one month for 50% off, I guarantee. Thats what happens to all Muppet merch. Why don't they make less quantities?
Im all for gobs and gobs of Muppet/Sesame/FR stuff, but if a company feels they are losing money it is because they need to realize Muppet fans are kind of underground and not as many as they think.

I hope we see more FR merch coming to Hot Topic and SunCoast.
If they make any less there won't be any at all! Have you no idea how small the series 8 run was? 9 will be even smaller.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You'd better be a CC member Beaker. Otherwise, the Palisades Police will be all over you faster than regular cops at a doughnut shop.

Luke

Reaction score
beaker said:
simply speachless...
Someone pointed me to a custom site with these:
(I wanna see the other FR guys too!)
I might be mistaken but i think i heard that was Quinns Boober. I'd like to see Palisades Gobo too if they ever decide to show it on the net. If the Fraggle figures turned out half as decent as that Boober i'm sure they'd go down very well if they could just be done for the collectors market.

PS :- Cory, it's done now anyway and you might not have been aware of it but links to the collectors club member pages aren't really supposed to be posted elsewhere on the net. I don't think there are any rules to it or that you can't do it (even Palisades themselves have said it is upto the individual what they do with the stuff) but be aware there may be some negative reaction from some people about that. It's a kinda conflict - the line needs all the help it can get right now but the members also paid extra cash to see the stuff placed in that area ....although IMO there has been so much posted in that area lately compared to anything posted in the public ones that it would be nice for them to let other people see it eventually after a while! :grouchy:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... Luke, that custom Boober Fraggle figure wasn't made by Quinn/Gonzo, it was made by the forum member known as Uncle Deadly.
Hope this helps and have a good weekend.

Luke

Reaction score
Wow "Uncle Deadly" Rocks then!! Thanks for the info Count. This is why it really would be a crime against Fraggledom if everyone didn't have a chance to access a picture like that. It's one thing to talk about the cool possibilities of a Fraggle line but another completely for people to get an idea of what it would really turn out like. I'd hope maybe Palisades could use that and the Gobo sculpt to get a speciality retailer like Hot Topic to take a small run Fraggle line. They oughta show the fans these and start a feedback questionaire like HIT! are with the Fraggle DVD's to get an idea of how many sales they could expect and try and work it out.