Fraggle Action Figures WERE possible...

Whatever

Reaction score
Gobo was in the bit today at palisades! I'll go find the link...

WiGgY

Reaction score
Sadly the Disney sale may have totally messed things up. It's possible that Henson will still allow them to make a test figure, but with the Muppet line so close to ending, I doubt anything will come of this. They may be able to make the fraggle apart from the muppet line as a test, but I doubt they could do this with only one figure. Oh well.

He does need a lot of work though. I mean, a lot of work. A lot. Lot-o-work. The hair especially. Much work needed here.

Edit: Specifially the arms a too long and the hair isn't right at all. They are better off doing the hair as one piece and sculpting it to look stringy instead of trying to make it stringy. The head is off too. I hope that this gets some serious revision if it does get made.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
HUGE BIG STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION THOUGH!! I do love him, and would accept that. I agree on the length of the arms, and the hair looks okay to me (for later Gobo).

Boy, I hope they get made.

beaker

Reaction score
Luke said:
This is why it really would be a crime against Fraggledom if everyone didn't have a chance to access a picture like that.
and that is why I posted it...it was a work of a fan, *not* of Palisades...I never would post exclusive pix of Palsiades created work. Also, most the pix on Quinn's custom column can be seen on the artist's site itself. Besides, itd seem Uncle Deadly would want people to see his work. Now if Ken had posted the Gobo prototype I woul dnot have linked to those.

Now as for Ken finally revealing the gobo prototype...

ya can thank JHC for selling out, and that idiot Eisner for no tbuying FR for gobo not being released. Fraggle Rock WILL ALWAYS be *MUPPETS* regardless of what Disney's or JHC lawyers think. idiots.

Anyways, he looks gorgoues...and I guarantee if the plan had gone thru just as Ken wanted, this guy would have been on eof the biggest sellers. So thanks JHC and Disney for further splitting up the franchises!

WiGgY

Reaction score
Usually people in the custom section post their own stuff a week after it is in the CC section. You really should not have posted his work without his OK.

Gonzo

Reaction score
It's not a crime against Fraggledom.

And "UncleDeadly" will be posting more detailed pics on the Palisades Message Board within about two weeks.

And I *wish* I had sculpted that. Quinn don't gots that kinda skillz!

:boo: :sleep:

Luke

Reaction score
Gonzo said:
It's not a crime against Fraggledom.
I think it would be if all Fraggle fans NEVER got to see those pics, or a great shame at least. I don't have a problem with the CC being shown things first, but i'm glad to hear that at least the various Fraggle stuff is being/will eventually be made public. Best to get them out there and pimping it all building up interest. It sounds from the "bit" that Palisades are still interested in doing Fraggles if it can be worked out at all and i see Hot Topic are taking an exclusive line of Ren & Stimpy so maybe a route is opening there, also maybe Walmart if the DVD's do well.

Sad to see Travis say that he doesn't know the state of the F4All Sesame license, i guess that answers whether Palisades had picked up the 6" figure license.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Or maybe he is throwing us off the trail....maybe.....please?

Palisades has always wanted to do the fraggles, but retailers are stupid. They don't think they will sell well and don't want to take the chance. From the bit it sounds like they wanted a test figure, but now who knows what will happen. If you ask me (and you didn't) Palisades should just ask Henson if they can test this figure via Palisades Direct. This way, they have the exact sales numbers that can be taken to retailers. I'm sure that a repainted Rizzo can sell out, the only fraggle action figure in existence can as well. Of course he shouldn't have a buying restriction.