Fraggle Action Figures WERE possible...

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
beaker said:
Well obviously Palisades knew that releasing pix woul donly stir up fan's feelings on the matter. All I know is, Palisades made Fraggle figures arent gonna happen now...tho maybe HIT! will make some cool FR figures next year.
How do you know for sure that these figures are not going to happen? Maybe Palisades put out the pics to stir up fan interest and cause the fans to write letters to HIT, Henson, Palisades, and retailers. I am not going to give up on the idea of Palisades Fraggle figures yet - as the wise Mr. Lily says, "Anything is possible". Although they may not be on Palisades current schedule, things could change at any time.

*keeps fingers crossed and prepares to write several letters* (Boy, it sure is hard to write with my fingers crossed.) :stick_out_tongue:

Foodie

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
What are you talking about? Would you rather we talk abot magic and songs instead of what it actually means to get the figures out?

Umm... yes.

Nick :smirk:

Foodie

Reaction score
I Did Something To Help The Cause

I wrote this to HIT:

(((((((Hi,
I'm not really certain about who to address this to. From what I understand HIT has purchased the rights to Jim Henson's Fraggle Rock. That's great because now we'll finally have that series on DVD. My concern is from a different merchandising standpoint. The action figure company Palisades had been working out plans to produce Fraggle Rock action figures, but, things got sticky when Henson sold the rights to Fraggle Rock to HIT.

Here is a link to an article I'd like to show you regarding the Fraggle figures and the plans Palisades were tinkering with.

http://www.palisadestoys.com/new/whatsnew/thebit/Misc/Thurs9_16_04.php

Since I'm a bit of a mad fraggle collector, I'd really like to see Fraggle Rock toys and especially action figures. It's been a dream of mine for close to 20 years and Palisades does very high quality work. So, since HIT will be releasing box sets of Fraggle Rock in the coming months, I think it'd be a great marketing strategy to produce Fraggle Rock toys to coincide with the DVD releases.

So anyway, I feel I need to try and do something so, if whoever reads this can point it in the right direction ( hopefully not to the trash ) you'd be doing a favor to many, many Fraggle Rock fans out there. <:smile:

Sincerely,

Nick Bondra ))))))

And today, I got a mildly positive reply:

(((((Mr. Bondra,

Thank you for contacting us. We will pass your comments to our Brand
Team for future consideration.

Thank you for your interest in Fraggle Rock.

Kris

HIT Entertainment Consumer Relations ))))))

... so, it's a start. Mayhaps some of you other folks might give it a try?
:smirk:

Nick

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Nick,

Which address did you use? Y'know we have many Fraggle friends at HIT!

WiGgY

Reaction score
beaker said:
Well obviously Palisades knew that releasing pix woul donly stir up fan's feelings on the matter. All I know is, Palisades made Fraggle figures arent gonna happen now...tho maybe HIT! will make some cool FR figures next year.
HIT! Only owns the license rights. They are not a toy company. They have to find a toy compnay to sell the license to so that that compnay can make the figures. So, they may decide to sell the license to Palisades. The problem is that Palisades apprently needed to show that the figures could sell with a test figgure. Now will HIT allow a test figure? Who knows. Frankly, if Palisades has any guts they'd buy the license, release the test figure via Palisades Direct as soon as the ink on the contract is dry, and proceed from there.

Basically Palisades wants to make the line but only if they know the stores will sell the figures. If they really thought Fraggles would sell they's buy the license from HIT and THEN do the test and promote the **** out of the line. Right now, I think the ball is in Palisades court.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
beaker said:
All I know is, Palisades made Fraggle figures arent gonna happen now....
We don't know that for sure. Depends on who wins the licensing rights to produce products in the form of action figures.

Thanks to Foodie, I'm writing to HIT! to suggest the action figures, and linking them to Palisades' website.
====================
I'm excited to discover that Fraggle Rock Season Sets will begin availability next fall!! YES!

I'd also like to suggest that you all market more Fraggle products, mainly action figures via Palisades Toys (www.palisadestoys.com) and you can discuss all that with Kenneth Lilly, whose email address is on their site and is the Product Manager. They already have some work done on prototypes (seen here at their site: http://www.palisadestoys.com/new/whatsnew/thebit/Misc/Thurs9_16_04.php). I can guarantee sales of this product as there are a TON of Fraggle Fans, as I'm sure you've soon realized with the calls regarding Season Sets on DVD.

Please take this all into serious consideration, and hopefully license out--to Palisades (who made awesome Muppets figures)--rights to Fraggles figures!

Sincerely,
Kevin L. Williams
====================

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hmm...my email was just returned to me. Dunno what happened. If another address becomes available, please let me know somebody!

Foodie

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Hmm...my email was just returned to me. Dunno what happened. If another address becomes available, please let me know somebody!

Hmm. Keep trying I guess. :smirk:

Nick

WiGgY

Reaction score
E-mails wouldn't do much good anyway. You need to send rea; written mail. Anyway can send an e-mail without thinking, but if a compnay sees that you took the time to actually mail a letter they sit and look at it.