1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Favorite Muppet Couples

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Abb Green, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I need to send you recent interviews of Kermit don't I? :p
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Lol, well I meant more in the original Muppet Show universe.

You know we're always wondering whether Kermit and Piggy got married, nobody asks about Floyd and Janice, though I personally suspect marriage is too conventional for them, lol.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  3. Pinkflower7783

Yeah but Janice is a little more calmer then Piggy. Lol!!! That's like night and day there. XD
  4. Karamazova

Karamazova New Member

Statler and Waldorf are my OTP :sleep::boo:
    charlietheowl likes this.
  5. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

My favorite "couple" is Floyd and Janice. If we're talking just pairs of friends/comedic duos, then it's got to be Kermit and Fozzie hands down. Even if they only appeared in the "comedian's a BEAR" sketch together, it would give them the top position.

And Boober and Wembley if I can throw some Fraggles in here. They're very funny together.
    Borples and RichardHuntFan like this.
  6. heralde

Yeah I feel like if Floyd tried playing hard to get, Janice would just say, "Like, your loss buddy, fer sure!" Lol :flirt:
  7. Pinkflower7783

LOL! I think that's pretty much how it'd go. Kermit literally has played hard to get and usually it's Kermit who got the "hard" part. XD
    heralde likes this.
  8. heralde

Still Janice does look a bit shocked when Floyd kisses her after the "Act Naturally" song. Maybe she and Piggy have a bit more in common than they realize, hehe.
  9. Pinkflower7783

And Kermit looks horrified. Lol!
  10. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Well behind Kermit and Piggy, and me and Fozzie, I say Mildred and George
  11. RichardHuntFan

RichardHuntFan New Member

I agree with you on that. I also would like to mention in my post that I find the way that Jerry's characters interact with Richard's characters to make the characters they preform more enjoyable to watch, due to their personal merits as puppeteers. I think of it being similar to the way that Frank and Jim could make characters more enjoyable to watch due to their skills as entertainers and the way that they react to the other puppeteer, as they do in classic Bert and Ernie sketches and exchanges between Kermit and Fozzie.
    heralde likes this.
  12. Abb Green

Abb Green Member

Interesting points everyone! :) Also, I'm sorry for forgetting about Floyd/Janice and Gonzo/Camilla! :(

But as for friends, Statler/Waldorf, Fozzie/Kermit, Kermit/Gonzo, Gonzo/Rizzo, Rizzo/Pepe and Gonzo/Rizzo/Pepe are good "couples", one being a threesome. :p
  13. Borples

Borples Active Member

If I may jump into the Fraggle world, I have to cast a vote for Ma and Pa Gorg. They may not be perfect....okay, they're really, really not perfect. But how sweet is it that they've been married for five hundred and thirteen years and are still completely nutty about each other?
    Plaid Fraggle, heralde and Abb Green like this.
  14. Pinkflower7783

Actually now I can say with confidence we are gonna get more Kermit and Piggy as Nick said the focus is gonna shift back to them. Woo!! :):mad:
    sofiasaldanha likes this.
  15. Amanda Taylor

Amanda Taylor Active Member

Is okay to talk about a muppet character paired with an OC?
  16. Abb Green

Abb Green Member

17. Amanda Taylor

Then Gonzo and Gigi 4ever! :D
  18. Amanda Taylor

I'd love to see Uncle Deadly chase after Elvira Mistress Of The Dark.
    I'd be ROFLing major if I saw that.
  19. LeahXZoot4Evur

LeahXZoot4Evur Well-Known Member

I personally love Floyd:sing:and Janice:flirt:. But, if I was a Muppet, I would choose a certain saxophonest.:cool: How else my username has his name on it. Duh!;)
  20. Amanda Taylor

Just as I would pick a certain blue dragon. ;) LOL