Eureka's Castle

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Thank you Buck, you don't know how much happiness the hope of having UTUT episodes brings me.

Holy lord, I think I remember the "Bookmice" show your talking about. I remember a library with a bannester as you came in, and puppets going down it...It is all so vague, I really cant remember very well, but I do seem to remember somewhat. You know where to get episodes of that, Buck?

-Matt

matleo

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Matt!!! Holy cow, you remember Today's Special about the NYC department store! Ok, now ya wanna get into obscure 80's puppet shows? What about Great Space Coaster, Buster and Me, etc? Gosh I ate those show sup with a spoon when I was a kid!
I don't remember Buster and Me, but Great Space Coaster!!! I loved that show. Kevin Clash, Jim Martin and Noel McNeal all worked on it too. Speaking of them, no one's mentioned "Puzzle Place" yet.

Buck,
You mean the world doesn't revolve around the United States?? excuse me Fella but this is America and if we want to claim that your little tv show department store belonged ot us, we have a right to!!! that's what makes this country great.....Taking things that don't belong to us (like TV shows) remember, noone about say... "man about the house", but "Three's Company" made John Ritter a star!!!!! *sigh* Trust a Canadian to forget how much better we are. ;-)

The Matt who isn't me,
Pinwheel was kind of an odd show. Sorta like Sesame but not really like Sesame at all. Lots of jumping around from piece to piece. There was a clown who never spoke. And the two boys who live inthe attic and a fortune teller, a vegetable saleman named Luigi these two bug tihngs, some newpaper editor named Smitty, and the green guy who hated everybody. this is about as much as I remember. I remember a segment with these claymation mice and somethng about these little hat people. That's about it.
"Allegra" was pretty cool. it was really aimed at pre-schoolers. Marty Robinson designed and built all the puppets and he, Pam Arciero and Kathy Mullen all puppeteered. The character Marty did was really neat becase it was this cat with a long pencil-neck. The main control for the neck and a few other functions sat in one hand and marty's other hand slipped into this cable harnass that allowed him to puppeter the mouth like he would a regular hand puppet. It's nuts. of course you then needed another puppeteer to do the hands. It's really an amazing little puppet. he also designed lower eylids for each of the puppets so they could look up as well as blink.

BatlysMyHero

Reaction score
Go to Amazon.com and look up Eurikas castle.. you can buy the episodes on vhs and dvd. thats what i plan to do.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Loved all the show your talking about. I keeped wonder what "Today Special" until ya'll discrabed it. I watched that show all the time. OHHHHH the good old days is right. I miss that show. I remember that the Mouse lived in like a little masion that had elavators that she would come out of from time to time. One epsidoe I remember so is the one where Ailens from outer space come to take the moust home with her and the characters don't want her to go and thinks about it and goes but then they find out she didn't go. I LOVED IT SO MUCH!!! Thanks for bring back alot of memiores.

Princeton

Reaction score
Is there a Eureka fansite that has pictures of the characters?

Tim

Reaction score
My good friend Cheryl Blaylock performed Eureeka and told me some "interesting" stories about the production. "3 Design Studios" did the puppets and Henson bullied them for a while about it.

BTW I have a couple of original "Eureeka" items available for purchace if anyone want's to PM me about them.

Teenager's

Reaction score
I just found this episode on Google Video

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1433418923019766221&q=Eureeka's+Castle

It was my first time watching it. I had Fun.....Noel McNeal sort of moves him like Big Bird at times I think,..so thats Cool....I was wondering...thats just a LARGE half body puppet with a tail right?

I was also wondering......is Eureeka a care giver? like a Babysitter or a Nanny?

Erine81981

Reaction score
That's right Teen. She was kind of like that but only at times. Now to Magellan she was kind of a nanny or babysitter. She always read books to him. I'll have to watch this later but ever halloween I watched this speical all the time.