Eureka's Castle

The Big Don

Reaction score
I use to watch this show when it was on nickelodeon. I heard it was a Henson production. Can someone tell me where I can find episodes or more info on this. Thanks

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
No, it wasn't. But the people who did this show were very obviously inspired by Jim Henson...

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Yeah, it was a neat li'l show---I especially loved the theme song, and the singin' stone fish on the fountain or what have you!

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I wonder why Noggin doesn't show this program. I allways loved it when I was a kid. I even remember a good number of the characters names.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
They DID show this program. They took it off when they changed Noggin's lineup to accommodate two specific demographics (namely, toddlers and 'tweens), instead of kids in general. This was the same time that they took The Electric Company, 3-2-1 Contact, Square One TV, and Bill Nye the Science Guy off of the daytime lineup and shoved them into late-night with Sesame Street Unpaved.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I loved this show when I was little and they show sesame street unpaved during the day in my area.

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Eurekas castle

I'snt that big dragon on threre played by the same man who plays bear off of Bear in the big blue house; and also it is very likley we can get them to putback on noggin because they play the same stuff twice a week.So it's worth a try.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Yes, Noel McNeal, who plays Bear, also played Magellan the Dragon on Eureeka's Castle. Also, Pam Arciero (Grungetta on Sesame Street) played Quagmire and Emma; James Kroupa (Otto on Bear in the Big Blue House) was Batly, Sir Klank, and the Giant; and Brian Muehl (did various incidental characters in assorted Muppet productions) was Bogge and Mr. Knack. With all these Muppet performers on it, it's surprising that Henson WASN'T involved with this show. Guess the secondary puppeteers are allowed to moonlight...

beaker

Reaction score
One of MANY JHC ripoffs(puzzle place, gullah gullah, etc)
Then again over the years I call stuff Muppet ripoffs...but since JH reinvented children's programming and the art of puppetry as we know it...I guess it may be like calling a Boeing plane a ripoff of the Wright Brothers.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Well, I mean when a person/group revolutionizes a feild, its a bit hard to make anything that doesn't come arcoss as a knockoff. Although yes I will definitely admit that the puppets and the type of show could be concieved as a knock-off, I give a large amount of points for the concept of the show which I thought was really quite neat (the inner life of music box characters, what a cool theme).

I am a very big EC fan, thus I know a bit about the show. The interesting thing is, its actually an MTV production. No lie. I have a little Eureeka hand puppet with the copyright stampings to prove it. Probably the only good thing MTV has ever done since AEon Flux and Beavis and Butthead.

-Matt