Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas

maxdrive

Reaction score
I hope i get to see this show agian for cristmas but i wont count on it for the fact kermit the frog is the narator

dov

Reaction score
I got lucky a few years ago (2001) and picked up a VHS copy that I saw at a local drug store (Osco). The next year I found a copy on DVD. I've never seen them before or after. Such a great movie. I probably won't check this forum too much, so email me at donovanwade@hotmail.com if you can answer me this question, or if you want to comment on Emmit. Do any of you remember the Henson Easter special with the rabbits? That is one that I only saw a few times, around the same years as the original HBO airings of Emmit Otter. I'd love to buy that movie.

Thanks !

Dov

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I just wanted to say something. I grew up with Emmet Otter. I was the part of the first generation to enjoy his story. I'm thirty now, and Emmet's been a part of my Christmas experience every year that I can recall. But watching the tape of Emmet Otter last night made me melancholy. You'd think the loss of Jim and Richard and the stepping down of Frank and Jerry would get easier after awhile. It actually hurts more. The things they accomplished in those early years were so wonderful, and cannot be replicated by anything done by the Muppets today, no matter how good a job the company is doing or how hard they're working. I couldn't even possibly have considered watching The Christmas Toy, since that would have made me break down completely. I'll always pine for the old days, and I know you can never go back. But all the same, I miss the days of Emmet Otter, and I miss the people who made the real magic back then. Thanks for listening.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Are there any forms of it out there w/out the edited? Like the first version on VHS. I would love to have the full unedited. Does anyone know?

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
I emailed them about the Emmet Otter DVD and they told me that the DVD will be an edited version that cannot feature Kermit since he was owned by Muppets Holding Company. I told them that the DVD special features would include the behind-the-scenes look at the special, TV spots and edited scenes featuring Kermit.

Erine81981

Reaction score
But I don't have Beta video player. Is it the video cassette like a VCR or do I have to have a beta player?