1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by fatblue, Oct 7, 2004.

1. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

2. maxdrive

maxdrive New Member

I hope i get to see this show agian for cristmas but i wont count on it for the fact kermit the frog is the narator
  3. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

i hope they don't edit out Kermit
  4. dov

dov New Member

I got lucky a few years ago (2001) and picked up a VHS copy that I saw at a local drug store (Osco). The next year I found a copy on DVD. I've never seen them before or after. Such a great movie. I probably won't check this forum too much, so email me at donovanwade@hotmail.com if you can answer me this question, or if you want to comment on Emmit. Do any of you remember the Henson Easter special with the rabbits? That is one that I only saw a few times, around the same years as the original HBO airings of Emmit Otter. I'd love to buy that movie.

Thanks !

Dov
  5. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

I just wanted to say something. I grew up with Emmet Otter. I was the part of the first generation to enjoy his story. I'm thirty now, and Emmet's been a part of my Christmas experience every year that I can recall. But watching the tape of Emmet Otter last night made me melancholy. You'd think the loss of Jim and Richard and the stepping down of Frank and Jerry would get easier after awhile. It actually hurts more. The things they accomplished in those early years were so wonderful, and cannot be replicated by anything done by the Muppets today, no matter how good a job the company is doing or how hard they're working. I couldn't even possibly have considered watching The Christmas Toy, since that would have made me break down completely. I'll always pine for the old days, and I know you can never go back. But all the same, I miss the days of Emmet Otter, and I miss the people who made the real magic back then. Thanks for listening.
  6. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Are there any forms of it out there w/out the edited? Like the first version on VHS. I would love to have the full unedited. Does anyone know?
  7. TotallySpiesFan

TotallySpiesFan New Member

I emailed them about the Emmet Otter DVD and they told me that the DVD will be an edited version that cannot feature Kermit since he was owned by Muppets Holding Company. I told them that the DVD special features would include the behind-the-scenes look at the special, TV spots and edited scenes featuring Kermit.
  8. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

9. TotallySpiesFan

10. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

But I don't have Beta video player. Is it the video cassette like a VCR or do I have to have a beta player?
  11. They need to reconsider that one. I want a copy of the DVD but will not purchase it if Kermit is left out of it. I hope they reconsider and negotiate to get the rights to keep that in. :mad:
  12. TotallySpiesFan

13. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

BETA is the format that lost to the VHS format back in the early 80's when there was 3 video formats. However since it was sales that decided what format would win, we got the VHS format. The draw back with this was that we got the weakest format, the best format was and is, the BETA format.
    BETA is still in use in Japan, they where smarter than europeans and americans ;) , and by tv stations and production companies around the world.
  14. TotallySpiesFan

How does Kermit's ending comments go?
  15. Stulz

Stulz Member

Clarification....

Are these the features HIT said would be included or are these things you asked for them to included?

I already wrote HIT a nice little e-mail in response to the "Kermit on the cutting roon floor story"
  16. TotallySpiesFan

Don't you mean "room"?
  17. Stulz

Stulz Member

Room

yes, cutting ROOM floor.

;)
  18. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

I Called Hit

I called HIT! today and I JUST emailed that a few mins ago too! I hope to god that our "barkin" (sorry can't use the other "B" word lol) will pay off! :D
  19. nayrbgo

nayrbgo Member

Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas is a great memory for me! It is truly amazing what you have to sacrifice in order to play the Washtub Bass in a Jug Band. Wonderful tale and great music!
  20. Davina

Davina Member

for anyone who might have wondered what the "Easter" special with the bunnies was, I believe that was a reference to Tale of the Bunny Picnic with Billy Bunny.