1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by fatblue, Oct 7, 2004.

1. fatblue

fatblue New Member

I always liked this show when it was played on HBO. I would watch it as many times as they played it. It was funny and very well produced. I always enjoyed other muppet shows like this because it was a change of pace.
  2. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas is one of my favorite movies. It is so much fun and diffrent then many other muppet programs. I hope that henson (now that they are Muppet-less) make more specials like this.

I heard a rummor somewhere that Henson originally planned to make more Emmet Otter specials (like "Emmet Otter's Easter Surprise", or "Emmit Otter and The Halloween Goul", "Emmet Otter's Secret Summer" ect.). They would have the same characters and same charm, but for some reason they changed their minds. Does anyone know if this was true, or not? And is so why they never happened? I would have loved to see more Emmet.
  3. Klonoa

Klonoa New Member

I know it was based on a children's book (I used to have it). Were there other books in the series?

--Klonoa
  4. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Good question--it might be worth checking out the author in a local library catalog. I'd love to read this book, or any others with these characters.
  5. maxdrive

maxdrive New Member

I lvoed this specal as well i thought the caracters were great it was the whole gift of the magi thing right the mother and son both sellign somthing so they can get money for a gift tot he other
  6. Jivepuppet

Jivepuppet Member

Emmet Otter Book Info Here!

I have the book, it's tough to come by these days. I worked a Borders Books for four years and did a little research while I was there on this book and that's how I eventually got a copy. It's the only one with Emmet, there aren't any others. The author, Russell Hoban and artist Lillian Hoban have done many other books including the fantastic A Mouse and His Child, and the series Frances, which I believe is something Henson Company is working on bringing to TV. The show is a very close adaption of the book.

To find the book try your local booksore, or Amazon.
    The ISBN is 0-89966-861-4, it's only available in Library Binding and might cost around $30.00, but well worth it!
  7. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Can you get hold of Of Muppets and Men that way? ;)
  8. Jivepuppet

Jivepuppet Member

Getting Of Muppet and Men is a bit harder. It's not available in any form anymore. Occasionally it pops up on EBAY. it's where I got mine, if your lucky, like I was, it won't cost much!
    Some of the bookstore chains has a Used and Collectible service, which means they are partnered with some shops and dealers who sell out of print and hard to find books. While at Borders I looked up Of Muppets And Men several times because I wanted a second copy. The cheapest I ever found was $150.00 :concern: . Too me, that's alot of bread for one book, although it is awesome. If I didn't already have it I would have ordered it. I would try that or even Amazon, sometime they have people selling their old books there.
  9. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Yeah, I keep looking on Ebay.
  10. Hollz

Hollz New Member

Does anybody know where I can watch Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas online for free? I would love to send the link to the people I used to watch it with when we were kids. Thanks :o)
  11. maxdrive

maxdrive New Member

This used to be shown on Nick all the time this and the one about the toys that are a live
  12. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

No that was the "Christmas Toy" special, or "The Secret Life of Toys" TV show (both had the same characters). Nick use to show them durring the early 90's they were about toys who came to life. It too was a great Henson project.

Emmet Otter was also shown on Nick around the same time. It was about an Otter, his mother, and friends as they enter a tallent show. For more information read this: http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/merchandise/emmet_otter_dvd.shtml
  13. maxdrive

maxdrive New Member

I know they were two diffrent shows I jsut meant nick used to show both of them durieng cristmas i remeber both so clearly.
  14. frogfandavid

frogfandavid New Member

Does'nt look like it will be on this year , not in the listings , but you can always get the dvd .......
  15. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

The DVD is out of print now, and is getting harder and harder to find (and if y u do find it the price is rising fast too). I saw it the other day in a store for $30

HIT! Entertainment now has the distribution rights to the special (it is part of the family showcase they got rights to unitl 2009). I talked to them and they said right now they have no set plans to rerelease it on DVD right now, but would like to release a DVD before their contact with Henson is up in 2009, but don't expect anything anytime soon. With Fraggle Rock, Mother Goose Stories, Secret Life of Toys, and Christmas Toy DVDs all rumored to be in the works by HIT! for 2005/2006 releases it will probally be awhile until they get around to Emmet Otter; but they said they do hope to give that special the proper DVD treatment (maybe uneditied?) while they have the power (it just may take a while; so maybe not until '07 or '08).
  16. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

i went to my Amazon.com Home Page and under recommedations they had Emmitt Otters Jug Band right there and they want 39.44 for it
  17. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Emmet Otter Returns Next Christmas!

I contacted them again today (a little over a month since last time), and asked if there were any news on Emmet Otter (DVD, VHS, TV airings). It looks like they now have a plan for Emmet, and the plan is to release it sooner, rather than later. The responded with this great news:

--
    Thank you for contacting us. We are looking into releasing Emmet
    Otter's Jugband Christmas on VHS/DVD Fall 2005. We are also looking into deals for TV airings for the 2005 holiday season.

Thank you for your interest in HIT Entertainment.

Kris
    HIT Entertainment Consumer Relations

--

It looks like next Christmas HIT! will give us Emmet again (along with Fraggle Season 1, possible Secret Life of Toys, and maybe even more Mother Goose Stories). All this along with the Muppet Show DVDs Disney is working on; I'm sure Christmas 2005 will be a fun one for Muppet fans.

But I think the letters, phone calls, and e-mails about getting the unedited version should start before it is too late. I also wonder if any special features will be encluded on the dvd?

Wow, this is great news for those who missed the release the first time (and even those who didn't) Next Christmas we'll have Emmet Otter again!
  18. Kimp the Shrimp

how do we contact them (HIT)
  19. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Here is the publicly avalible contact information for HIT! Entertainment, and how you can contact them thought their customer relations.

Mail:
    HIT Entertainment
    PO BOX 9000
    Allen TX, 75002

Phone:
    1-866-405-7625

E-mail:
    consumerrelations@hitentertainment.com
  20. Kimp the Shrimp