Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas

fatblue

Reaction score
I always liked this show when it was played on HBO. I would watch it as many times as they played it. It was funny and very well produced. I always enjoyed other muppet shows like this because it was a change of pace.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas is one of my favorite movies. It is so much fun and diffrent then many other muppet programs. I hope that henson (now that they are Muppet-less) make more specials like this.

I heard a rummor somewhere that Henson originally planned to make more Emmet Otter specials (like "Emmet Otter's Easter Surprise", or "Emmit Otter and The Halloween Goul", "Emmet Otter's Secret Summer" ect.). They would have the same characters and same charm, but for some reason they changed their minds. Does anyone know if this was true, or not? And is so why they never happened? I would have loved to see more Emmet.

Klonoa

Reaction score
I know it was based on a children's book (I used to have it). Were there other books in the series?

--Klonoa

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
I know it was based on a children's book (I used to have it). Were there other books in the series?

--Klonoa
Good question--it might be worth checking out the author in a local library catalog. I'd love to read this book, or any others with these characters.

maxdrive

Reaction score
I lvoed this specal as well i thought the caracters were great it was the whole gift of the magi thing right the mother and son both sellign somthing so they can get money for a gift tot he other

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
Emmet Otter Book Info Here!

I have the book, it's tough to come by these days. I worked a Borders Books for four years and did a little research while I was there on this book and that's how I eventually got a copy. It's the only one with Emmet, there aren't any others. The author, Russell Hoban and artist Lillian Hoban have done many other books including the fantastic A Mouse and His Child, and the series Frances, which I believe is something Henson Company is working on bringing to TV. The show is a very close adaption of the book.

To find the book try your local booksore, or Amazon.
The ISBN is 0-89966-861-4, it's only available in Library Binding and might cost around $30.00, but well worth it!

Whatever

Reaction score
Can you get hold of Of Muppets and Men that way? :wink:

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
Getting Of Muppet and Men is a bit harder. It's not available in any form anymore. Occasionally it pops up on EBAY. it's where I got mine, if your lucky, like I was, it won't cost much!
Some of the bookstore chains has a Used and Collectible service, which means they are partnered with some shops and dealers who sell out of print and hard to find books. While at Borders I looked up Of Muppets And Men several times because I wanted a second copy. The cheapest I ever found was $150.00 :concern: . Too me, that's alot of bread for one book, although it is awesome. If I didn't already have it I would have ordered it. I would try that or even Amazon, sometime they have people selling their old books there.

Hollz

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can watch Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas online for free? I would love to send the link to the people I used to watch it with when we were kids. Thanks :embarrassed:)