D'Snowth Sesame Reviews: Issue 37, Volume 2006

D'Snowth

Reaction score
While watching a repeat of "Cookie's World" today, I noticed during the new Global Grover bit, it sounded an awful lot like Frank's Grover; I thought Frank was only going to do a few new things with Bert each season from now on?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wha huh? You got Cookie's World?
Got 4110: Abby's First Day of School yesterday, and then a Season 36 repeat today.

Sure hope I get Cookie's World on Monday... Otherwise, I'm going to be very shouty and mift at the complete debacle that will be the current scheduling of episodes on my affiliate.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I got a chance to see one I missed, so now it's time for: D'Snowth's LATE Sesame Reviews!

Sesame Street Episode 4112:

Street Scene: Gordon, Susan, Maria, Luis, and Bob gather in the arbor with Miles and Gabi for a group shot for Miles and Gabi's graduation, while Alan and Gina take a couple of pictures. Elmo pops over wanting to know what's going on; while Alan and the other grown-ups go over to Hooper's to get the food ready for the party, Miles and Gabi explain to Elmo that they are both finished with high school, and are going to graduate. Elmo gets excited and wants to know what life would be like if he goes to school, so Miles and Gabi share flashbacks with him about their first day of kindergarten, and how much fun they had with large buckets of building blocks and giant boxes of crayons. As Gordon tries to hurry things along, Miles and Gabi share with Elmo how their teacher Miss Walsh gets everyone in the spirit with a good round of the alphabet song. Luis reminds them it's almost time to go, but Gabi first has to share with Elmo a story about how shy Miles was in class until Miss Walsh began to share with the class young Miles's drawing of a basketball in outer space-space-space-space-space. Susan tries to hurry the kids up, but Miles must share with Elmo about the time he and Gabi had a real big fight over a cool toy fire engine, until Miss Walsh gives them a musical lesson about sharing and taking turns. Maria then takes the kids away for the ceremony, and later that evening, everyone gathers in the arbor for a big graduation party in honor of Miles, Gabi, and eventually a group of graduating penguins.

Cultural Refence:
* As the group of penguins march by, Bob calls it "the graduation march of the penguins", which could very well be in reference to the documentary movie March of the Penguins.

Classic Bits:
* "I'm Off to School" musical bit.
* It's Hard to be 15.

Long Time, No Sees:
* P is for Pea
* Gotta Special on the Menu with the Letter P
* Things That I Remember

New Bits:
* A holdover from last season as Oscar has to sing "The Work-Out Song" for Slimey and his friends at the worm gym.
* Elmo and Ben pretend to eat a tunafish sandwich, apple sauce, an apple, and a pear.

Overall Rating: Well, I enjoyed the street scene... I think it would've been better if like maybe it was Big Bird who Miles and Gabi shared flashbacks with; and I was hoping we might actually get to see the actual graduation ceremony, but I guess I sort of saw that coming. Nice assortment of old a new bits, including one of my favorites "It's Hard to be 15". So, I give today's repeat of a new episode I haven't seen until now: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9.5 stars, ah-ah-ah!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys... This goes out to D'Snowth and Bryan, and anybody else who can help me out.

Today's episode was a repeat of 4115, Luis and María's Honeymoon.
About a third of the way into the street story, the honeymooners get dragged into a "One of These Things" game show type of deal hosted by H Man, where the object is to find which of the four things shown on the picture board doesn't start with the sound of the letter H. At the end of the game show, a group of Honkers show up for the good-byes, named the Hopping Honkers.

Here's what I need your help with:
1 Were there three or four Honkers as part of the Hopping Honkers group?
2 Was able to hear three of the Honkers named as Helen, Harold, and Hannah.
If there was a fourth Honker with them, what was its name? I'm asking you guys to please listen to that part carefully in the hopes you can answer my questions. Thought I'd post here to get you guys's attention.

Hope to hear from you soon, have an H day.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ed, I am pretty positive there were 4 Honkers when I saw the episode the first time. I will watch the repeat today and listen for the names.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There was four of them but I couldn't hear their names over the honking.

BEAR

Reaction score
Sorry, Ed. I didn't get Maria and Luis' Anniversary episode. Got Super Grover's Superhero School.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That's OK guys... Already spoke with you via PM Bry, hope you get the episode tomorrow.

BTW: Anyone know who portrayed Snow White in 4114?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a friendly reminder in hopes someone who catches Episode 4115 today can help with the names of the four Hopping Honkers. Thanks.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ed, I got the episode with the hopping Honkers. Unfortunately I still couldn't catch the first of the Honker names. There was Helen, Harold and Hannah as you said, but the first name that was said was hard to hear. Sorry about that. Maybe if the same episode comes on later today, I will watch on the main TV where we have a Tivo system. I can rewind it and listen closer. Or maybe I can set up the closed captioning. If I am able to do this, I will let you know what happens...unless someone else is able to provide the missing info first. Again, so sorry...I tried.