D'Snowth Sesame Reviews: Issue 37, Volume 2006

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Cultural Reference:
* Whenever everyone's watching Elmo's part on the new episode of The Alphabet Roadshow, one of Old MacDonald's pigs complains about Elmo having too much screen time. Hmm, apparently we fans of Sesame Street aren't the only ones!

That's hilarious!:stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
D'Snowth's Sesame Review

Sesame Street Episode 4126:

First Things First: I'm glad I waited until AFTER "you'll never know who you'll meet on Sesame Street" bit was played.

Street Scene: Zoe is all excited about somebody's birthday, but who's birthday is it? It is Zoe's? Is it Elmo's? Is it Gordon's? Nope, it's Rocco's! Of course Elmo thinks its a stupid idea, but Gordon tells Elmo that if Zoe wants to pretend to have a birthday party for Rocco she can. With that, Gordon and Elmo wish Rocco a happy birthday and are invited to the birthday party; but what do you get a rock for its birthday? Super Grover comes to Elmo's rescue and offers Elmo a pony to give Rocco for its birthday, but the pony has his own business to attend to; Miles comes over and suggest Elmo draw Rocco a picture for its birthday since Elmo's drawings are so "great". So Elmo runs off to draw a picture for Rocco, meanwhile the party is underway; Miles and Gordon put up a large sign that says "Happy Birthday Rocco", while Big Bird, a bunch of neighborhood kids, and Rocco's friends and family: Rocky, Rock Mononoff (sp?), Uncle Rock, Aunt Rock, and Little Rock show p for the party. Rocco receives its presents: a bird-seed bow-tie from Big Bird, a painted sea shell from a little boy, a drawing of Rocco riding a pony from Elmo, and a boulder from Super Grover; as Rocco blows out the candles on its birthday cake (Rocco turned four according to Zoe), Miles provides musical entertain for the party.

Cultural Reference:
* Rocco's piano playing friend Rock Mononoff is obviously a reference to the real deal.

New Bits:
* Rockin' Robin at the Kiddie Gymnasium (same clip but the song is sung by Luis and Rosita this time)
* "Filfil" and a little boy do jumping jacks.

Long Time, No Sees:
* Imagination (the newer version with Steve's Ernie)

Global Grover:
* Grover watches a little girl visit her grandparents' chocolate factory in Argentina.

For Count:
* I wasn't paying attention to who played the pony, sorry.
* If I heard correctly, the little boy "Filfil" was talking to was named Ben.
* The Three Little Pigs in Global Grover this time were played by Carmen Osbahr, Fran Brill, and I believe Kevin Clash.
* Jerry Nelson reprised his role as Big Bad.

Overall Rating: One word: "meh". I give today's new episode 1, 2, 3 stars, ah-ah-ah!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
D'Snowth's Sesame Review

Sesame Street Episode 4127:A Grouch Dog Who Isn't Really Grouch

First Things First: YOU KNOW I H-A-A-A-A-TE (know I hate) YOU KNOW I HATE WHEN THEY MEET ON SESAME STREET!

Street Scene: Apparently Oscar has a grouch dog who helps Bob, Elmo, and a chicken. Hey I didn't actually get to see it today, I had stuff to do!:crazy:

For Count:
* Sorry

Overall Rating: I can't even give a rating today, so I give today's new episode ? stars, ah-ah-ah!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hmm, I beginning to think you guys are becoming bored with my reviews lately.:confused:

Katzi428

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Hmm, I beginning to think you guys are becoming bored with my reviews lately.:confused:
No Snowthers! Keep 'em coming!:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... We understand if you've got other things on your plate that prevent you from watching the episodes and then posting it here.

Heck, I got two episodes to post thoughts on in the Season 37 thread, and my affiliate blanked on airing the new episodes that came before it, namely 4124 and 4125.

BEAR

Reaction score
I read and enjoy every single one of your reviews, D'Snowth, even if I don't comment on all of them. Keep them coming!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If only the show actually still aired during the afternoon where I live so I could actually see them! With them airing in the late morning/early afternoon, it's hard to catch every detail since that's the only time it's airing, and then having to remember them for the review HOURS later!

EDIT: I took the liberty to check the schedule for next week, and apparently we're only getting two new episodes next week on Tuesday and Wednesday; so unless some freak accident happens, I SHOULD be able to see the whole show Tuesday and Wednesday for more entising reviews.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
D'Snowth's Sesame Review

Sesame Street Episode 4128:

First Things First: Thank goodness I didn't tune in until after "You'll never know you'll meet on Sesame Street" bit.

Street Scene: Miles and Gabi act out the story of Rapunzel for Elmo and Zoe; after Miles and Gabi hop off for band practice, Zoe wishes she has long hair. Her Hairy Godperson poofs up and grants her her wish, and soon Zoe has a head of shoulder-length blonde hair "What all is Zoe going to do with her new long hair?" Elmo askes. Zoe tests out different hairstyles: curly, braided, in the shape of the letter 'R'. Prince Charming (green AM) runs over to Zoe thinking she's Rapunzel but Elmo has to show him that although Zoe now has long hair, her hair is not nearly as long as Rapunzel's. With that, Prince Charming runs off and Zoe wishes she had longer hair, so Hairy Godperson poofs up again and grants Zoe's new wish, and Zoe's new blonde hair now comes down to her hips. Happy, she breaks into a musical bit with Miles, Gabi, and Elmo as back up in the style of the 70's. Afterwards, Prince Charming shows up again still thinking Zoe is Rapunzel, but Elmo shows him that even though Zoe's hair is longer, it's still not as long as Rapunzel's. Charming runs off again and Zoe now wishes she had the longest hair in the world. Hairy Godperson poofs up and grants Zoe's new new wish, suddenly the entire arbor is covered in strands of long blonde hair; Zoe is now happy and ready to play with Elmo, but now there's one problem: her hair is so long she's having trouble moving. Prince Charming get tangled up in Zoe's hair, and a police officer gives Zoe's hair a ticket for blocking traffic; with that Zoe makes one last wish: that she had her old hair back, so Hairy Godperson poofs up one last time and gives Zoe her old hair back. Prince Charming runs up to Zoe again, but she's still not Rapunzel, but the real Rapunzel finally shows and and all live happily ever after, except for the fact that he hair is so heavy she falls ontop of everyone.

Goofs and Nitpicks:
* Nitpick: Hairy Godperson is still the same yellow glove Fairy Godperson AM played by Joey Mazzarino, only in a barber cape and a large black hairdo.
* Nitpick: Prince Charming was the green AM.
* Nitpick: Rapunzel still has her wound up hairdo from the end of Elmo's World of Hair, but instead of being the green AM, she's now the half asleep cross-eyed lavendar AM.

Classic Bits:
* "Fixin' My Hair"

Long Time, No Sees:
* A Birdland bit with Squirrel Nut Zippers placing things on Fat Blue's head.
* "Dance Away Your Blues"

New Bits:
* Another talking broccoli bit.

Muppet Parody: Oscar presents the classic play Scramalot which includes four grouches rhyming words with "Scram" except for one who just refuses to rhyme anything with "scram", but it still works out well as they now have something to argue about.

For Count:
* It sounded like to me Prince Charming was played by Joey Mazzarino, but that would be somewhat impossible since he was already playing Hairy Godperson.
* The policeman that gave Zoe's hair a ticket was played by Martin P. Robinson
* The grouches of Scramalot sounded like David Rudman, Stephanie D'Abruzzo, Joey Mazzarino, and Fran Brill.

Overall Rating: Well, what all I saw was good, but my mother was in one of her "I wanna run around in my son's room and tick him off today" moods, so that interrupted quite a bit of what I saw; but what I did see was pretty good, although I didn't particularly care for the Birdland bit. As promised, we finally got to see a new parody: Scramalot, but I didn't really get to COMPLETELY see it because again my mother. So overall, I give today's new episode: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7.75 stars, ah-ah-ah.

By the way, did anyone else besides me thought Zoe sort of resembled Kate Monster from Avenue Q when she had her new blonde hair?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
D'Snowth's Sesame Review

Sesame Street Episode 4129O:

First Things First: I hate that "You'll never know who you'll meet on Sesame Street!" bit!

Street Scene: Elmo hops into Hooper's for a snack where he's met with Mr. Pattern, game show host that has been seen on the show for the past two seasons to play a pattern game. He has Miles place an apple, a banana, another apple, another banana, and one more apple onto the counter. Elmo has to guess what piece of fruit comes next in the pattern before the mouse rings the bell with the hammer on his helmet. Elmo guesses that a banana comes next in the pattern, and he is correct. Moments later while Luis is trying to help Big Bird fix his roller skates, Elmo runs over to tell them all about the game he just played and wishes he could play again; so Mr. Pattern pops up for another round of the game, this time about seasons: dead leaves blow onto Luis for fall, snow falls on him for winter, flowers and birds appear around him for spring, and he gets soaked with water for summer, then the leaves, snow, flowers and birds come repeat and Elmo has to guess what season comes next in the pattern before the mouse rings the bell. Elmo guesses summer and he is correct again. (and Luis gets soaked again) Meanwhile in the arbor, Telly is doing a twisting and jumping dance with five kids when Elmo runs over to tell Telly all about the game. He wishes he could play again, but Mr. Pattern does not show up for a third round, but Elmo improvises: with a new sqaure wig, square glasses, and a coat with square polka dots on it, he's the new host, and Telly is now the bell ringer (he just sways back and forth saying "ring!" "ring!"). Elmo has the kids do a pattern: one kid twists, the next one hops, then the next one twists, and the next one hops as well. Elmo has the audience guess what's next, and apparently they guess twisting which is correct, thus ending another exciting installment of the guessing pattern game.

Goofs and Nitpicks:
* Nitpick: The concept of the square game show host muppet popping up engaging Elmo into a game with a mouse ringing the bell has been done at least once for the past three seasons. He is played by a different muppeteer this season however.

Long Time, No Sees:
* Great moments at the sink: brushing teeth.
* Ernie's Show and Tell: Ben with his weathermap.

Celebrity Guest Star:
* Amy Sedaris tries to share with us that apples are her favorite snack, but Cookie Monster keeps interrupting her speech with cookies.

New Bits:
* "Filfil" askes a little boy how he brushes his teeth.

Number of the Day:
* Count Von Count counts the number of jumps a girl jump ropes until she gets to 18.

For Count:
* I can't really tell who played Mr. Pattern, but the mouse was played by Joey Mazzarino.
* I only caught the name of two of the kids twisting and hopping in the arbor: Kristina, and J'juan.
* The girl jumping for Count was named Catalina, the boy twirling the rope was Blake, and girl twirling the other end of the rope was Maya.

Overall Rating: A "been there, done that" episode; if I owned this episode on tape or DVD, it would stay on my shelf and get all dusty. I give today's episode: 1 star, ah-ah-ah!