D'Snowth Sesame Reviews: Issue 37, Volume 2006

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is a pre-review leading up to my usual Sesame Reviews.

Anyway, from the looks of it, Sesame Street will be having it's ups and downs.

The introduction of the fairy-godchild-in-training Abby Cadaby really does seem like it's going to work this time, but we can't be too certain because we've had some many new characters introduced in the past that didn't make it (Lulu for example).

The season theme of preparing for school in some ways are no fun for some, since school also happens to start next week.:rolleyes: But it may be fun, as I'm sure alot of us older kids, and adults miss those good ole' days in grammer school.

I can see the street is going through some more set changes again: Big Bird's doors to his next look almost like the originals did, and is it just me, or have those two green double doors to Gina's office been replaced by a brick wall with A door in it?

Also, we'll have to wait and see if the rumours about the Fix-It-Shop returning will be true or not.

All-in-all, I believe season 37 of Sesame Street will be a pretty good season.

EDIT: I just now realized I forgot the 's after D'Snowth in the title. :embarrassed: Fozzie, or someone, could you change that please?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hmm, maybe I should pay attention a little more closely...:confused:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
D'Snowth's Sesame Review:

Sesame Street Episode 4109

First Things First: YES! The opening of the show is now back to it's original length!

Street Scene: Newcomer Abby Cadabby poofs up next to Oscar's trashcan wanting to meet a new friend to play with. Oscar, obviously, is in no mood to play, and tells Abby to get lost. Abby then feels sad for moving to Sesame Street, until she bumps into Big Bird and Snuffy who invite her to play hide-n-seek with them, Elmo, Zoe, and a boy named Steven. Abby is shy at first, but Big Bird and Snuffy sing her a song about meeting new friends. Abby then decides to come along, if they'll teach her how to play hide-n-seek, which they do. Zoe's it first, and then after she finds everyone, they let Abby be it. Not knowing how to count, Count Von Count teaches her how to count to 10, which she gets so excited about learning, she breaks her magic wand. Big Bird then takes her to Maria and Luis at YES THE FIX-IT-SHOP, where Luis fixes her wand. She tests it by turning a toaster into a pumpkin. After a brief call to her mommy, Abby turns it back to a toaster. Abby is really happy her family moved to Sesame Street, and is even more happy she made so many new friends her first day on the street.

Major Set Changes: Well, things are going back to their original look sort of. Big Bird's doors are similar to what they used to be: just plain old doors. The double doors to the carriage house which is now Gina's office has been replaced with a brick wall with a door in the middle to her office. The staircase to the attic has gone back it's plain old green look. And yes, we now have proof: the Fix-It-Shop has returned. The exterior is still the old Mail-It-Shop exterior, but is now green with "FIX IT SHOP" in plain painted letters where the neon "MAIL IT SHOP" sign was. The enterior still looks like the old Fix-It-Shop though. Two things I'll miss: the Mail-It-Shop, and the fun-looking red staircase to the attic.

Celebrity Guest Star: I feel embarrassed, because Hoots the Owl (yeah, he made another come-back) sang a duet with someone, but I don't know who he is:embarrassed: .

Letter of the Day: Another new Letter Of The Day bit with Prairie Dawn and Cookie Monster, as Prairie demonstrates the letter M, and the sound it makes, which is the same sound Cookie makes when he eats cookies, prompting him to eat the letter M.

Muppet Parody:Speaking of which, the Law & Order: Special Letters Unit was HILARIOUS! The muppet look-a-likes were very true to the actual characters on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, and nice running gag with the "chung-chung" bit.

Other New Bits: Right now, it looks like Sesame Street is still doing a bit of health education, as one new bit featured "Healthy Storybook Moments", which featured Sleeping (excuse me) Leaping Beauty who loves to dance and leap, but when she gets tired, she sleeps to save up her energy so she can leap some more.

Global Grover: The new Global Grover features Grover's trip to Iceland, where a family help baby Pufflings fly. Grover, who was supposed to bring one back dresses up as a Puffling, where three AM's from Iceland run up to him and begin to take care of "the confused looking Puffling", and decide to throw him into the ocean where "he'll be safe". Side-splitting! Just side-splitting!

Number of the Day: It was 4. Nothing new. They went back to the Jack-in-the Box.

Elmo's World: YAY! A NEW one as Elmo talks about friends. Most of the Muppets seen on the street made appearances on Elmo's World as he talked about friends. Zoe even brought along her friend: Rocco, her pet rock.

Long Time, No See's: There was a Suzy Kabloozy I've never seen before as she sings "Everybody Sleeps"...only about cats.

Other Changes: No Journey to Ernie.:cry:

Other Observations: They obviously built a new Zoe puppet. Either her eyes shrunk, or her head grew. And they apparently built yet another new Hoots puppet, he's now exceptionally fuzzy with yellow eyes. Also, the street seems to be taking on a little "dirtier look": there's leaves everywhere, as Ilikemuppets mentioned, and the sidewalk right around Oscar's can and Big Bird's doors is really stained black.

Overall Rating: Great new episode to kick off the season, it really had me laughing and loving it. Even my mom loved it. So, I give the season 37 premiere 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 stars, ah-ah-ah!

BEAR

Reaction score
Good review, Snowthy! I loved the episode myself. Also, don't forget that Stinky made a nice cameo in Elmo's World too. Also, Maria's changed her look yet again.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A couple of more observations about today's episodes I forgot to mention.

1. The Count seems to have a new opera cape and collar. Instead of being green, it appears to be a very dark purple.
2. A few new names appeared as part of the Muppeteers during the ending credits (although some aren't ENTIRELY new to us, but they are to Sesame Street): Heather Asch, Tyler Bunch, Ryan Dillon, Peter Linz, and Amanda Maddock. Why wasn't Leslie's name listed?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No review today, I had an after-school class to attend to, so I wasn't able to catch Sesame Street today.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
D'Snowth's Sesame Review:

Sesame Street Episode 4111

First Things First: I see there's the return of "Today on Sesame Street..." bit.

Street Scene: Cookie Monster host his own version of Elmo's World, only called Cookie World. Today, Cookie Monster is thinking about, of all things: cookies, and so is his pet cookie, Cookie (a Cookie that lives in a fishbowl). Bob plays the role of Mr. Bobble, Cookie Monster's Mr. Noodle. Mr. Booble shows Cookie Monster how to eat an apple, and how good they are for you. Cookie Monster also askes a baby how she eats a cookie, but, like all the babies Elmo askes, the baby just touched him. He then plays a subtraction game with cookies with three little kids. Like Elmo, Cookie then askes (various people on the street, rather than the drawer) who eats cookies, and who doesn't eat cookies. Cookie Monster then has Zoe do a "Cookie Dance". Wanting to learn more about cookies, Cookie Monster askes one of his cookies questions about what it's like to be a cookie. To end Cookie World, Cookie Monster sings "The Cookie Song"...and yes, it's just like the whatever songs Elmo ends Elmo's World with.

Celebrity Guest Star: Elmo prepares to sing the alphabet song with Jamie Foxx...but they are interrupted by a muppet fox, whose name is also Jamie Foxx. The fox Jamie Foxx accuses the real Jamie Foxx of being a fraud because he isn't a real fox, until he proves that Foxx is just apart of his name. With that, all three sing the alphabet song. Later, the white duck muppet appears, and his name is also Jamie Foxx, so he joins in the alphabet song as well.

Other New Bits: A king must decide on which vegetables to serve to his family with dinner: broccoli, or peas. If he chooses one, some kids are happy, while the others aren't. He finally decides to serve them both to the kids who want which veggies.

Global Grover: YAY! The return of Grover the Waiter as he serves Fat Blue in Charlie's Russian Restaurant. Grover names various Russian dishes to Fat Blue, who decides to give them a try, but everytime Grover askes if there's any of the dishes left, Charlie replies with a "nyet", meaning "no" in Russian. All that's left is a bowl of Borsche that Grover was saving for himself, but decides to give it to Fat Blue, but not before he does the Russian Borsche dance, balancing the bowl on his head, which goes flying in the air and landing on Fat Blue's head.

Number of the Day: The Count counts how many times a little boy named Kyle jumps down the stairs of the stoop until his hair turns blue. His hair doesn't turn blue, but the Count's does after he counts 10.

Elmo's World: No new one today, unfortunately.

Long Time, No Sees: Elmo's World of Telephones.

Overall Rating: It was an amusing episode, seeing Cookie Monster copy Elmo's World with his "Cookie World", and I loved the return of Grover the waiter and Fat Blue, but the rest of the episode was rather disappointing. So, I give today's episode: 1-2-3-4 and a half stars, ah-ah-ah!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh Snowth... Something I feel I need to point out.
That bit with the king deciding which vegetable to serve some kids... It's actually part of a new recurring sketch this season, Sesame Street Dinner Theater.
This was the Dinner Theater's presentation of Omelette, Prince of Dinner (a parody of Shakespeare's play Hamlet, Prince of Denmark).
It wasn't that he had to decide which veggie to serve his subjects... But rather it was Omelette's indecision as to which veggie he wanted to have for/with dinner.

Hope this helps.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Count said:
Uh Snowth... Something I feel I need to point out.
That bit with the king deciding which vegetable to serve some kids... It's actually part of a new recurring sketch this season, Sesame Street Dinner Theater.
This was the Dinner Theater's presentation of Omelette, Prince of Dinner (a parody of Shakespeare's play Hamlet, Prince of Denmark).
It wasn't that he had to decide which veggie to serve his subjects... But rather it was Omelette's indecision as to which veggie he wanted to have for/with dinner.

Hope this helps.
Oh, well, I didn't realize that. Will "Healthy Storybook Moments" be a new recurring sketch as well?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
From what I read about this season's episode guide posted by my trusted Muppets source, MuppetDude... Yes, there'll be probably three Healthy Storytime moments.
The one with Hansel and Gretel is the one I have my gravest reservations/concern about how they plan to change the story.