1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Do you think Labyrinth 2 should be made?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by melissa, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Movies205

Movies205 New Member

May I say that Return to Oz was better than the orignal... It been a while since I've seen it but it is the better movie of the 2...

Also I haven't seen Labyrinth in the longest time but the secret to a good sequal doesn't have to do with the orignal cast, how many years it been or any of that, to make a good sequal it needs to be totally different!

Example, MIIB good movie but it just a rehash of the orignal os not a good sequal

Mission Impossible 2- Great movie tottally different from the orignal, this time he isn't on the run now he is on the good side...
  2. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Ahhh, master editor turned director, Walter Murch, helmed Return to Oz. It was a muddy vision that no one expected. The "Return" part made it seem like it would be more like the classic film rather than the books. It was very interesting either way you look at it.
  3. Movies205

Movies205 New Member

Ya, little to people know that the Return was more faithful to the books and that why I like it... I do have to rent Labyrith and Dark Crystal I haven't seen those movies in a while....

Maybe I'll have a movie <insert day here> with them and the muppets.

That when I watch movies from 9am to 9pm but the past 2 have been horror movies....
  4. melissa

melissa New Member

there are heaps and heaps fansites

You should see the fansites and websites decided to this sentional movie. I would say more then dark crystal (sort of maybe)

On our labyirnth boards we love talking about this sentional movie and all the time :) and harry potter sometimes. (I am more a labyrinth fan :)

opions of labyirnth 2? I said say yes, THEY should!!!!

MELISSA :)
  5. melissa

melissa New Member

LABBY IN AS A TV SERIES?????

What do you guys think about the idea of an animated movie of Labyrinth?
    Or even an animated series?

I think it would be pretty cool!!
  6. Green Gelfling

Green Gelfling New Member

that may work...with a human/muppet intro at the beginning/end
  7. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Amazingly, it seems like a Labyrinth sequel HAS been discussed recently:

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2003/012803.shtml

It seems like this new project isn't related at all, but apparently it came out of talks about a Labyrinth sequel. Interesting, huh?
  8. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

That was a rather vague description of things. What in the heck is "Mirror Mask"? The report said it stems from a Labyrinth sequal, but from the wording I don't think it will be. Hopefully more information will be revealed about the film as it becomes available. Hopefully.

-Matt
  9. UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly Member

Well, here is a posible scene, ripped from Neil Gaiman's website journal.

"Trying to work out when I go to the UK to do the final shooting script of MIRROR MASK with Dave McKean. Looked the original draft of the script over yesterday for the first time in months and was struck by some bits I'd completely forgotten writing. The oddest of which, in a conversation between our two lead characters, a girl called Helena and a rather dodgy juggler called Valentine, was probably:

HELENA (READING)
    "Remember what your mother told you."

VALENTINE
    Mine said, it's a dog eat dog world, you get them before they get you, eat your greens, please don't do that, don't embarrass me in front of the neighbours, I think it will be better for everyone if you leave home and please don't ever come back.

HELENA
    Really?

VALENTINE
    She wasn't actually my mum, either. She bought me from a man.

Not to conclusive of course.
  10. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Well, at least it shows that the story won't be a Labyrinth sequel.

-Matt
  11. muppetfreak12

muppetfreak12 New Member

hmmm

seeing a labyrinth 2 would be kind of strange. What would it be about? I'm more of a TDC fan, but Labyrinth 2 would still be cool.:)
  12. Bored

Bored New Member

I really doubt that Labyrinth should have a sequel, they tried to do something similar with "The Neverending Story" and in my opinion, they fouled up royally. The Neverending Story had a quality that was never carried over to the other sequels that were done. IMO, if they tried doing a sequel to Labyrinth, it's gonna end badly.
    :boo:
  13. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

If they were making a sequel to Labyrinth, that would be totally awesome.

Maybe Linkin Park can do the songs for the second movie like David Bowie did in the first. ;) :)
  14. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

I don't know about a Labyrinth sequel, I like the first one, but Linkin Park doing music for a Henson fantasy film ain't a bad idea. They stand out among the rap-rock bands, let me put it that way. "Crawling" is my favorite song, so you know.

LP RULES! :crazy:

Edit: I just realized this thread has been inactive in nearly two years...eh, LP still rules.
  15. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

Sweet! I've seen the CGI-animated music video for their song "Points of Authority", and that video reminded me of something The Jim Henson Company would make(using Creature Shop effects of course). Most of the songs on the "Reanimation" CD to me would fit perfectly for some Henson fantasy features that are in development(like that film "MirrorMask"-any word of when it will come out in the US?)
  16. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

I would love to see a sequel or prequel.

Dear Mr. Henson jr., Mr. Froud, Mr. Bowie, Mrs. Connelly,
    please team up again! :)

They should also make a prequel to DARK CRYSTAL!
  17. mupitz

mupitz New Member

A friend of mine actually began penning a sequel to labyrinth. It features the daughter (or was it son) of Sarah, and she/he wants to know why Uncle Toby never comes to visit. They're living in the old house. I think Jareth takes Sarah's child and she has to go back into the labyrinth. Calling on all her old friends of course, cause, should she ever need them...He figured that way Jennifer Connelly and Bowie could reprise their original roles, only aged.
  18. DirthNader

DirthNader New Member

I, too, have a friend who is writing a story. Hers is a little more adult, though.
    It's a love story between Sara and Jareth, but I won't go into detail. After all, it's her story :o
  19. jarethjunkie

jarethjunkie New Member

Bags playing a major role in it!
  20. kevingh8

kevingh8 New Member

laybernth 2

:):mad::odefinatliy should do it