Do you think Labyrinth 2 should be made?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah - loved Cyndi in that movie. I think she could have quite an acting career if she played it right, but I don't think she wants one for some reason.

BTW - Her new EP "Shine" just came out. Totally love it!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Funny thing. A week or so ago I thought of a "Labyrinth" sitcom (a parody of sitcoms of course). I thought of the same house, Sarah is the mom, she has a daughter who now has her books, and somehow the fantasy characters come to life in her room. Ludo is in the shower, a bunch of the fierys making noise late at night, and...I need to get out more.

Here's my take:

Sequel: Nah, you probably shouldn't.

Another fantasy film of some sort: Yeah, if Henson's up to it.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Initially my thoughts on a sequel were: "No way!", while I pictured the likes of the Neverending Stories and Land Before Times and all the countless other butchered sequels mentioned in other posts. However, I think Chilly Down's idea about having it based on an older Toby sounds great. And Cyndi would be great, but I really would love to see David Bowie again!
BTW, I love the original Neverending Story and Hook!!:big_grin:

Kermie Lover

Reaction score
The first reason why I think a Labryinth sequel wouldn't work is because David Bowie's butt has gotten too saggy to look good in
those tights!:stick_out_tongue: Just joking! I love Bowie, he's like a fine wine that ages with grace.:wink:. I'll say more of the real reasons why I think the sequel wouldn't work later. I gotta go!

Reaction score
Remember what happened when they tried to sequal The NeverEnding Story? Better to leave it alone IMO ... create a new Labyrinth/Dark Crystal type story for the new generation and release it, I just dont think you could ever recreate or even follow up these masterpieces and do they original story line justice in the process ...

Jackie

Reaction score
The second Neverending story was good, but the third was so horrible it made me sick. blah!

Chilly Down

Reaction score
NeverEnding Story III, oddly enough, is the only one that used the Creature Shop.

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
NeverEnding Story III, oddly enough, is the only one that used the Creature Shop.
The creature shop had nothing to do with a horrible storyline and acting! LOL!

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Very true. It was just a trivia note. I wasn't blaming them. ;-)

WemblinKate

Reaction score
To be quite honest, I really strongly disagree with a sequel to this wonderful movie. Because of all the main reasons that
1.) Jim's gone
2.) I have a personal grudge towards sequels, like The Land Before Time, and Disney. Cinderella II????? Oh come on! What were they thinking?
:confused:
3.) This was a beautiful story of growing up, learning to stand up and take on responsibility. Sarah needed to go through the Labyrinth to see that. And that is the end of story, I really don't feel that we need to know if everything turned out alright with Sarah. Or for someone else to go to the Labyrinth because it'll be mostly the same and then where will the wonderment and brilliance of the story go? Example: Peter Pan 2, that was a disaster simply because NeverLand represents childhood and innocence and you should not have to return there. If you understand what I'm saying that is, because right now I'm not sure I understand what I'm saying.

Anyways, we can all right all the fanfics we want for the story to end differently, because we know that the movie leaves that open for us to decide. I personally don't like it when they decided for us because it either doesn't end the way you want it to, or because it just kills the effect of the story or the point they were trying to make with the movie. Ok, I'm done now. I put in my two cents.

-Wemblin' Kate