Do you think Labyrinth 2 should be made?

radionate

Reaction score
Re: Nate-

Jamie-

I'll produce and you direct. We'll make a comeback movie for Cyndi's acting career (which never blossomed into what it should have). She still cracks me up on that horrid show, "Mad About You" - didn't she even win an Emmy for that?

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by CaptCrouton
Very well, Citizen JAMM,

Scratch my name off your list of friends, if you will. But remember that having a super hero as a buddy, is a privilege few share. :embarrassed:

So if you fall three stories and break your legs, don't come.. er.. running to me. :rolleyes:
*GULP*

Okay, I'm sorry, I--I'm sorry! :eek: PLEASE take me back!

*writes "Captain Crouton" at the top of his "Friends" list in permanent black ink marker*

See? I'm sorry, please please stay my friend!

*wonders whey these darn tables get turned and he's the one who always winds up apologizin' or beggin' to people*

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Now, back up there little soldier, er tall skinny soldier. I said from the beginning I was still your friend. I just don't like your movie. It's important to separate the two. Let me diagram that for you.

Byron................{rather large chasm}...................Neverending Story movie

See the difference? It's times like this where I really have to keep my super powers in check. Just like when I go bowling.
:cool: ...Now if I could only remember where I left that pesky fortress of solitude, I could get a good nap in...

Markus
(but don't tell anyone my secret identity, okay?)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Nate-

You got it! I would so love top see Cyndi work with the Muppets (again). Funny enough, she did win an Emmy for Mad About You, but I have never seen her speak in that role! Eeeek!

radionate

Reaction score
Re: Nate-

Originally posted by frogboy4
You got it! I would so love top see Cyndi work with the Muppets (again). Funny enough, she did win an Emmy for Mad About You, but I have never seen her speak in that role! Eeeek!
You never saw her in that role? OMG! She was wonderful. She's got such an incredible sense of timing. She really is a great comedianne.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I wish I'd seen it. I watch it in syndication from time to time, but still have not seen the episode! Her new EP will come out this month! But I hope they haven't nixed having a whole album. :eek:

radionate

Reaction score
She's been working too hard lately on being back in the spotlight. I doubt they will nix the whole record. It'll come out, and my bet is we'll see a lot of magazine articles touting her return to pop music!!!!!!!!!!!! She just has to get the right promotions company working for her to get the album spinning on stations.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You are so right. There are some very playable songs I downloaded from Napster last year. I'm glad I at least have those for now!:smile:

Ice

Reaction score
I have to say yes. As long as David Bowie is in it.
I think they should make it through the goblin kings veiw. like hes the good guy.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Popping in from my 3-month stay in the Goblin Kingdom...

Actually, I'm astonished. I thought most people would be in favor of a sequel and I'd have to be the voice of reason. But since people understand pretty well how it can go wrong, I'll have to emphasize the other side of the coin: yes, it can be done right.

Sequels that work: films that build on the ideas of the original while giving us fresh new ideas; often darker than the original. Examples: Empire Strikes Back, Toy Story 2, Lethal Weapon 2, Terminator 2, Back to the Future II, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

Sequels that don't work: films that rehash what was done in the first film in order to make more money, with no spark of originality of its own. Examples: NeverEnding Story 2 (I liked the original, BTW), Return to Oz, any of the Disney direct-to-video sequels, any slasher film sequel, and (here's the one that's gonna get me in trouble) Austin Powers 2.

Jamie and I had a discussion about this very topic on the old MC board. I agree with him 100%. Get Cyndi to do it, and let the story revolve around Toby (who would be about 16 years old now -- around the same age as Sarah in the first movie). Oscar winner Jennifer Connelly can appear in the film, but it's probably best if it's only a cameo. Let this be a fresh story, where some of the original characters return, but it's largely new and exciting places in the Goblin Kingdom that we haven't seen yet. For that matter, it doesn't even have to be set in the Labyrinth. The original was not a hit for the Henson Company; if they call it "Labyrinth 2," it might seem the same to the rest of the public as making "Hook 2." (I also liked the original film of that, but it also didn't do well.) Let it be an all-new adventure set in the Goblin Kingdom. The public's appetite for dark fantasy is greater now than it was in the '80s. Let's give this film a shot!

While we're at it, Jennifer Connelly needs to do something with the Muppets again. But not a sequel to "Labyrinth." Maybe something with the classic Muppet characters?

Hey, it's all wishful thinking anyway, so I might as well shoot for the stars.

BTW, Jamie, for other good Cyndi performances, check out "Life with Mikey," starring Micheal J. Fox. It's not a great film by any means, but Cyndi's part in it is hilarious!